Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dishwashers, Trash Compactors, Washers & Dryers?

Hi again everyone! Ummmmm ....... So, does anyone know why EA removed our dishwashers, trash compactors, washers & dryers? Also, does anyone know if they will perhaps be making a comeback in an expansion pack? If not, is it possible for someone to create functioning versions of these handy dandy 21st century gadgets? I was kind of hoping that EA would add MORE working versions of household appliances such as irons, sewing machines, lawn mowers, etc. to add a little more realism to our Simmies day to day home life. Instead we got some of the few appliances we had taken away! (D'oh!) :( Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    I'll personally be looking into this as soon as objects are figured out (Looks like TSR has but they haven't released the tool yet)
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options
    mara3004mara3004 Posts: 48 Member
    Thank you for your kindness again sweetness! I look forward with happy anticipation for when they arrive!
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    I'll personally be looking into this as soon as objects are figured out (Looks like TSR has but they haven't released the tool yet)

I hadn't realized they haven't shared the tool yet, thanks for sharing. I hope it's just because they are being cautious with early testing I'm just dying for CC objects.
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I want these too infact every thing from Sims 3 needs to be added for free since the base game was to expensive...
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Washers and Dryers were not a base game object - ever. They came in an ep that was later added to base game so they could be sold in the store by people who did not want the ep.
    -
    I do agree though I miss the dishwasher - not the trash compactor at all - as they are so 60's and 70's. Does anyone buy trash compactors now a days? hehehe Yes sewing machines would be cool - but no irons. Believe me - not many people I know iron unless they have to - and in fact I notice not one of my own kids even own an iron. Of course I could not imagine not owning one - but still I hardly ever use it except for fabric tact or iron on patches. But I do not see it as something I would totally object to, but at the same time do not see it as a priority like lawn mowers, vacuums - they are more like closet and garage décor. But dishwashers most definitely needed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EvaE1izabethEvaE1izabeth Posts: 49 New Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > Does anyone buy trash compactors now a days? hehehe

When my in-laws built their home they installed a compactor and I thought it was kind of a waste of lower cabinet space - in my house we take the trash out after dinner every night anyway just to avoid food smell. I ended up loving it when we visited! Their garbage disposal isn't as sensitive as ours so they use it more, and between that and everything being all compacted they hardly ever need to take out the trash. Someday I want one for recycling! Recycling takes up SO much room at my house! Plus I'll admit think it would be fun to crush gallon milk jugs ;)

In Sims I like trash compactors because I always have plenty of base cabinets in my kitchens to add on the compactor but I hate having to find a place for the freestanding garbage can because it always throws off my layout.

I hope for dishwashers, too!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2014
    Aw yes - I see your point. But in real life i don't know anyone who has them anymore. Back in the 70/80's they sort of went out of favor - I guess a lot to do with recycling - so it has always struck me odd that the Sims games had them at all. I was sort of thinking maybe it is a California thing. hehehe - But in the way you put it - it makes sense.

In real life I would worry as they were always pretty dangerous back in the 70's/80's - mainly if one has kids. I also think that had a lot to do with many people not wanting them besides recycling. We have to separate everything here as well as wash it - so I keep a row of trash cans in my laundry room. We may be the "live Free or die" state - well it certainly doesn't feel like that to get rid of our garbage. Lord help us if a plastic container gets in the glass trash or that we smashed every thing together. Our recycle center people would lose their mind over it all. They really take their jobs seriously. But never fails to give us a good laugh every Monday afternoon when hubby gets rid of all the bags. And no - we don't have trash pick up - you have to do it yourself.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    I miss the washer and dryer from TS3 amditions. I hope they put these into an EP for TS4. Doing laundry was fun in the Sims, unlike IRL.
  • Options
    freckledrevoltfreckledrevolt Posts: 282 Member
    Since I realized I could easily drag the empty plates to the sink or garbage, I don't mind not having them. My sim doesn't have to be involved in their cleanup and are free to do other things. But to each their own. ;)
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited September 2014
    Since I realized I could easily drag the empty plates to the sink or garbage, I don't mind not having them. My sim doesn't have to be involved in their cleanup and are free to do other things. But to each their own. ;)
    Well for one thing, having to check around after the Sims, to see if they cleaned up dishes after Themselves is a bit ridiculous (to me).

AND somewhat nullifies "Smarter Sims" . (IMO)

Played Sim 2 yesterday, and she cleaned them on her own .
    (and she kept all Needs "in the green", while I was dealing with RL dinner).

And despite hating laundry IRL, like them in game .
    (I Know I'm Weird) ..

• Options
    Danny0601Danny0601 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @SimplySimazing said:
    > freckledrevolt wrote: »
    >
    > Since I realized I could easily drag the empty plates to the sink or garbage, I don't mind not having them. My sim doesn't have to be involved in their cleanup and are free to do other things. But to each their own. ;)
    >
    >
    >
    > Well for one thing, having to check around after the Sims, to see if they cleaned up dishes after Themselves is a bit ridiculous (to me).
    >
    > AND somewhat nullifies "Smarter Sims" . (IMO)
    >
    > Played Sim 2 yesterday, and she cleaned them on her own .
    > (and she kept all Needs "in the green", while I was dealing with RL dinner).
    >
    > And despite hating laundry IRL, like them in game .
    > (I Know I'm Weird) ..

Laundry in game is a bit to tedious don't you think? like back in sims3 when my sims is busy working, stack of his dirty laundry lying everywhere :( kinda driving me crazy :D
  • Options
    DNACatDNACat Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2014
    What happened to alot of stuff in the buy menu I was looking for bunkbeds laundry machines and alot of other stuff and they're all gone is their a reason for this? Let me know because I need everything they had in The Sims3 badly! :'( :'(
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    DNACat wrote: »
    What happened to alot of stuff in the buy menu I was looking for bunkbeds laundry machines and alot of other stuff and they're all gone is their a reason for this? Let me know because I need everything they had in The Sims3 badly! :'(:'(

The reason is that TS4 is a new game and not an expansion of TS3?

If you want all the same objects that TS3 had after 11 expansions, give up... you will NEVER get exactly the same set of features. No two sims games have ever had exactly the same feature set (nor have any two entries in any game series).

On the other hand, TS4 released with a lot more in the catalog than TS3 or TS2 did before EPS and DLC. Plus of course TS4 has new kinds of stuff TS3 NEVER had, even after 11 expansions and thousands of store additions. So you are starting the race further ahead.

But you're still at the starting line, not the finish line ;) If you have to be at the finish line to be happy, wait five years and check back then.
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    http://simfeetunder.tumblr.com/post/98651740121/simnationblog-the-sims-4-the-sims-3-object
    Sims 4 has 1010 more items at original release compared to Sims 3. And S3 didn't come stock with bunkbeds or washer/dryers.
    If you dislike it so much maybe you should have waited to purchase the game until you had your important pieces.

This is a new base game and every Sims base game is lacking something we'd all like.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    MandyAmandyMandyAmandy Posts: 51 Member
    Danny0601 wrote: »
    >
    Laundry in game is a bit to tedious don't you think? like back in sims3 when my sims is busy working, stack of his dirty laundry lying everywhere :( kinda driving me crazy :D

I HATED doing laundry in the sims 3. Before we got actual washers and dryers someone made decorative ones. I liked having a laundry room just for the sake of the house looking complete but didn't want the extra hassle so i just used the decorative ones the person made. Maybe someone could make some decorative ones for the sims 4?
  • Options
    fairywitchyfairywitchy Posts: 56 Member
    Doing laundry is the pits. Just sayin'. Never did it in TS3. I am missing the dishwasher!
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Ever since Ambitions was released, EVERY house I made in The Sims 3 had a laundry room, even in houseboats (IP) and futuristic houses (ITF), because I don't feel that my houses look complete without a laundry room. And I actually like doing laundry in the game (but not in real life). I really hope it's added soon in The Sims 4 (dishwashers too, and I don't really care about trash compactors since I have never seen one in real life in my country).