Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Implement Real Restaurants, Not Temporary, Pop-Up Restaurants.

Comments

• ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    I miss having the sims 2 style OFB bakery. I used to love just making my cakes and stocking, it would be even cooler if it were some how incorporated into that farm expansion thread. Where you didn't just make your own cakes, pies etc but you grew all your own produce and then sold it in your little shop/served it in your restaurant/bar.
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    Trick wrote: »

I didn't get the impression that people were saying one or the other. I think mostly people want to make it crystal clear that ts2 style are what we primarily want. At least those of us who are Veterans of the game from the original and t2. Those of you who have never played the old games don't know what you're missing.

Of course I realize that. So, knowing that, I would think a relatively reasonable and unselfish person would lobby for the features he or she wants added, rather than actively trying to shoot down the features other people might want.

Before today, I had never seen anyone ever request pop-up restaurants.

Well, yeah, obviously. They weren't on the table before this survey. However, I've seen plenty of threads where people requested temporary or seasonal events, of which this is certainly one example.

Why allocate time, staff and resources for that, all of which are not limitless, instead employing those on what people actually want?

You may disagree, but calling everybody selfish over that was rude.

Well, isn't assuming that nobody wants something, just because you don't, at least a little selfish? I'd say it is.

banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I couldn't care less if we have real restaurants or pop up ones, I just want restaurants! I find it a bit ridiculous the only way our sims can get anything to eat while traveling is either by ordering chips from the bar or finding a grill and cooking their own food!
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I want a real restaurant where my Sims can sit down and eat there, and I can watch them the whole time. I don't understand why anyone would want a "pop-up" restaurant.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited October 2014
    I think that if Pop-up Restaurants means 'events' like how others are saying it could be like the Festivals we got in Seasons; I think that would be pretty cool. (I'm not sure if someone has done this already; but I looked up "Pop-up Restaurants' and this is what Wiki says: "Pop-up restaurants, also called supper clubs, are temporary restaurants. These restaurants often operate from a private home, former factory, or similar and during festivals."

I think it would be neat if they had an event at a restaurant like (later down the road, if they released a 'Late Night' expansion pack) and the Celebrity would be there to sing, act out a part of his/her movie, or sign autographs, or something that could be interesting. :)

Of course! I also want open restaurants too and to be able to own and run them. (I mentioned this before in another post) and I have to agree with @Eloka - I definitely want bakeries back and I want them to do a combination of Sims 2 (Open For Business) and The Sims 3 bakeries and have all kinds of cookies, cakes, coffees(or other drinks), and other sweets to learn recipes for and be able to bake all kinds of treats. :D Ugh, sounds so fun. EA, please.
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    I want a real restaurant where my Sims can sit down and eat there, and I can watch them the whole time. I don't understand why anyone would want a "pop-up" restaurant.

I'm not sure I get what you don't think you'd be able to do. Based on what you're saying you'd want, you'd be able to do that at a permanent restaurant or a pop-up restaurant.

Oh, are you assuming pop-up restaurants would be rabbit holes? That seems unlikely to me, given that EA seems to have really made an effort not to use rabbit holes this time around.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    I would actually really like to have seasonal concession stands: ice cream and fruit juice in the summer; grilled sausages and/or roasted veggies in the fall; roasted chestnuts and mulled wine in the winter, etc.

I think seasonal events made the game a lot more fun and added much needed variety. I loved taking my Sims to the park in Sims 3 because there was always something to do - rollerblading, skating, face painting, etc., so if I had to choose between festivals (with stands) and regular restaurants, I would choose the festivals.

Ideally, we won't have to choose, but I don't think it's a fair assumption to say that the vast majority prefer one thing over another without having a large amount of data to analyze (and forums are not a reliable source of information because they reflect the preferences of the vocal minority).
    My Origin ID: RoseElsing
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

I didn't get the impression that people were saying one or the other. I think mostly people want to make it crystal clear that ts2 style are what we primarily want. At least those of us who are Veterans of the game from the original and t2. Those of you who have never played the old games don't know what you're missing.

Of course I realize that. So, knowing that, I would think a relatively reasonable and unselfish person would lobby for the features he or she wants added, rather than actively trying to shoot down the features other people might want.

Before today, I had never seen anyone ever request pop-up restaurants.

Well, yeah, obviously. They weren't on the table before this survey. However, I've seen plenty of threads where people requested temporary or seasonal events, of which this is certainly one example.

Why allocate time, staff and resources for that, all of which are not limitless, instead employing those on what people actually want?

You may disagree, but calling everybody selfish over that was rude.

Well, isn't assuming that nobody wants something, just because you don't, at least a little selfish? I'd say it is.

I'd say it's not. Especially when no one had asked for that before. I'd call a smart assumption.

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    As long as my sims can sit down, get waited on by a waiter/waitress and have a chef make them their food in a kitchen, I don't care if it's a regular established restaurant or a pop-up one. Just give my sims a place to go on a real date (oh and the propose at the table option).
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I would like this as well and wished it was in Sims 3, this would be great if this can be done. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    If I remember correctly, The Sims 2 had both...they had concession stands from Bon Voyage, and they had sit-down restaurants. I clearly remember remodeling that huge shopping mall from Open For Business (Blue Water Mall for those who remember) and putting in a food court and a bowling alley, using two of the concession stands from Bon Voyage.

So, clearly, it *is* possible for EA/Maxis to provide BOTH in the same expansion pack. Why should we be limited to one or the other? Maybe they could tweak the community lot so that we could make a shopping mall with a food court and have Sims visit it, like a real venue, instead of the way they do now, which is to say...there isn't any company unless your Sim brings it along.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I would like to see restaurants in the game. It would be great if our Sims could work in them as chefs, waiters/waitresses, hosts/hostesses. It could even tie in with the culinary career.

Oh and my Sims could go on dinner dates! Can we bring back the Cinema too?! :#
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The Sims 3 Store did it right with the Bistro Set. It wasn't perfect but it was close to what we had in TS2. The chefs took the order. Only problem I had was getting an unplayable date to sit and eat with yours. You could make them both sit and order at the same time if they lived together.

Man I wish Simguru Alan Copeland was working on the TS4 team.
  • creationsofmoniccreationsofmonic Posts: 122 Member
    I really miss the restaurants we had in Sims 2. Hope we have them again in Sims 4. It was nice when you had a date, instead of the rabbit-hole restaurants we had in Sims 3.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I meant serving not bartending the food XD
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    [Edited]

I saw the rest of the description. There are regular restaurants.
    Pop-ups are more like special events in addition to normal restaurants. Sounds like variety to me.

YAY! I know we will get the Town Life expansion to be honest. So many people want more options and variety to the game! :)
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited October 2014
    I want the brilliant restaurant experience we had in The Sims 2. And fans probably also want to be able to build their own.

A pop-up restaurant is not what most of us want.

I'll gladly buy an EP or DLC that features real restaurants.

Thank you for the attention.

This I like.
    As an EP..I am not fan of DLC not even a little.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I want the brilliant restaurant experience we had in The Sims 2. And fans probably also want to be able to build their own.

A pop-up restaurant is not what most of us want.

I'll gladly buy an EP or DLC that features real restaurants.

Thank you for the attention.

This I like.
    As an EP..I am not fan of DLC not even a little.

Duly noted.
  • TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    There are so many things like venues that I want for TS4, but open restaurants are at the top of the list. As long as they function like a restaurant (with hopefully the option to own our own), I'm pleased. I just hope that if we get both traditional and pop-up restaurants, the pop-up ones are truly different. New and exciting foods and atmosphere. That would really make it fun to visit one of those vs. the traditional kind. I wonder if we'll see the return of the food trucks at all.
  • LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited October 2014
    windweaver wrote: »
    Clothes shopping? Ugh. No thanks. I'm pretty happy with the current system where I can dress sims the way I want without having to go make a shopping trip to do it.

Doesnt mean they will take away the dresser options. but i do know that MANY want this shopping option back. i dont see why they cant have it as long as it doesnt effect people who dont.

I agree with you! I was so happy when they first stated we would be able to shop, back more than a year ago now, and I was so upset when they took that back. Oh, that was a cruel joke.

But shopping in t2 was lots of fun. I think if they bring it back they could have it so you could check off a box in options to use the store or unclick it to keep your dresser...something of that nature.

Didn't the original game, with superstars offer stars the option to buy new clothes? But you couldn't change their clothes otherwise? Can't remember now.

Yes it was very much fun. and everything else like running a business,going out to a club. as far as superstar,it was hot date that allowed you to go downtown and get new clothes and you could use a dresser to change at home. kind of like the sims 2 but sims 1 didnt let you buy clothes until hot date.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member
    EA Should probably look at Sims 2 gameplay for some of those ideas Sims 2 did it best me thinks; they need t leave out the checklist should they do something like that if we happen to create our own restaurants --And on the subject of restaurants, I was reminded of the diner job on the sims online, I must say I enjoyed that job on that game the most maybe they could have something like that in game jobwise, or follow that formula as far as interactive jobs. ((And if anyone didn't play Sims online before and wonders what I mean by it, it was like diner dash in a way except the NPC sims sat themselves.))
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Yes and how about a frig that runs out of food and a grocery store to shop in. Along of course with the ability for our Sims to eat what they grow and catch. :)

No. Please no.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    agreed! I don't mind pop up restaurants (I consider those concession stands) but I feel we should have real sit down restaurants with a waiter and a cook. in this I want it like it was in Sims 2.

I am so in for this . Some types could be

Bistro
    Pizza Parlor
    Cafe
    Drive In ( we would obviously need cars first )
    Asian
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Would love them back like the Sims 2!!! I loved them! It was fun to build them and visit them tho I do hope they add back the public toilet cubicles so I can build men's and women's loos as oppose to just a bathroom only one sim a time can use lol. It would het rather crowded with Sims who need to pee.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Needs Nandos.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock