Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 on Boot Camp & Virtual Machines -

Comments

• malinlysemalinlyse Posts: 1 New Member
    I just got windows on my macbook pro retina early 2013 (boot camp) but i cant play the sims 4 demo. It says my video card doesn´t meet my system or something. i got intel hd 4000, and sims 3 was running perfectly in "mac mode". i dont understand what i have done wrong. I have searched and seen other people play with the same pc and everything like i have. Please help me, i am so tired of this.. cant find a solution..
  • SamiJadeSamiJade Posts: 2 New Member
    I've not had a chance to see the game running in full yet, but after updating parallels I started up The Sims and rather than weird lines everywhere during start up, I got the pretty green sims diamond. Yay, looks like it worked! Thanks for the help :-)
  • halawoodfordhalawoodford Posts: 3 New Member
    hey everyone, just wondering if anyone is experiencing crashes while running sims 4 on parallels?
    The game itself runs rather beautifully, but after the first hour or so, it started to crash and now crashes consistently after a minute or so. Very frustrating.
  • AshleeMDAndradeAshleeMDAndrade Posts: 53 Member
    @BlueBellFlora I'm running WINDOWS 7 PROFESSION 32 BIT, and the graphics card is INTEL(R) HD GRAPHICS 4000, no MODS have been added so far and it crashes about every 20 - 30 minutes randomly. Is there anything else you need to know? THANK YOU so much for the help, you have no idea how much I appericate it
    <3
  • laurenswish00laurenswish00 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Need Help!!!
    So I downloaded VMWare on my macbook pro for the game sims 4 I did everything right, but when I clicked on the game to load I got an error code saying "Unable to start: Can't run the sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please Check that the video card meets the minimum specification and that the latest drivers are installed.
    [0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:00000000]
    i would really appreciate it
    Thank you!
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Has anyone been playing on MacBook Air? What's it like? Please share!
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
    Hi David, I just played on my macbook pro last night and it was great, no problems at all. I don't know how different the macbook pro and macbook air are :)
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @AshleeMDAndrade I've no idea, sorry. Seems like a game issue rather than a Windows/Boot Camp issue.
    apple-signature.png
  • AshleeMDAndradeAshleeMDAndrade Posts: 53 Member
    Fixed it! Turn the graphics to lower settings hahahaaha
    <3
  • iDiegoDesigneriDiegoDesigner Posts: 1 New Member
    I Have 2014 Macbook Pro 15 inch, Retina Display. 16 GB RAM, 256 SSD, 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
    Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz. I install Parallels 8 and Windows 8, but when I'm playing The sims 4 it consumes my battery faster. and my macbook heat so I download an app for Fans control to speed up and cool it down. But, I know it affect my macbook's life. I don't know If Installing Bootcamp It will be better for heating, and battery. I'm thinking to install bootcamp because I can play for 30 minutes with parallels cause I don't want to affect my macbook. And I play it with my iMac 2009 21 inch, and you can play the sims 4 with parallels very good, and the iMac never heat. Why a macbook heat!!?? I think there can be a way to help it to cooling down. But, by the moment, what is better Parallels or Bootcamp. Thinking about it, in this dark night. I'm right now, next to the window, while a black cat is watching me behind. I don't know If the cat wants to tell me something, or he is watching I'm playing the sims, or He is watching the other cat inside the sims's game?, It might. Wait... there is not cats in the sims 4, So, he is not watching the game. It is a dark night in the middle of the edge of the window the cat goes alone, and I just feeling this could be a perfect night If the cat come back.

PSD: soundcloud.com/decoteck
  • MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    I have been playing the sims 4 through bootcamp for a while and it runs smoothly! The sims 4 mac version will be released in the near future!
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Model Name: MacBook Air
    Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB

That's my current specs. The processing power can turbo boost up to 2.7 Ghz. It has Intel HD 5000 graphics.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • PixellariousPixellarious Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello everyone! I have read this tread from scratch but couldn't find someone having the same problem as mine.

I own a Macbook Pro 15" late 2011, updated to 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I don't know a thing when it comes to computer specs, but what it says is that:
    - processor : 2 GHz Intel Core i7
    - memory : 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    - video card (or graphic/display) : AMD Radeon HD 6490M and Intel HD Graphics 3000

I'm sorry if some things do not correspond, everything is written in french on my Macbook, I tried to translate it the best I could.

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits through BootCamp and used the CD that came with my Macbook to install the drivers (or something that sounds like it) after Windows installation.

I first ran the CAS Demo and it worked perfectly. I then downloaded a cracked version of The Sims 4, I know its bad but I just wanted to make sure that my laptop could handle it. I played for a few hours, as long as I didn't travel it worked great even on high settings (the travel crash was due to the cracked game, it was mentioned on the page I got it from). As it ran good I decided to purchase the actual game. I uninstalled everything related to the cracked one before I did. Now my game is crashing every fifteen to thirteen minutes, I can play for one hour if I'm lucky, even though I don't travel, enter CAS or buy/build mode. It just randomly crashes.

What I tried and didn't worked:
    - playing on windowed mode
    - turn off post processing effects
    - activate laptop mode
    - update game through Origin
    - put Origin on offline mode
    - disable Origin in game
    - delete my tray folder
    - take off my mod folder
    - start a new save
    - not enter CAS, buy/build mode
  • AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    [...]
    I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits through BootCamp
    [...]

Apple strongly suggests to use a 64 bit Windows version for a BootCamped machine, as the Mac is indeed a genuine 64 bit machine. Even though the Sims 4 is (disappointedly) 32 bit, the OS should be more stable in 64 bit mode.
    If you could find a 64 bits Windows install disc, it might well be worth a try.
    Ashpeef wrote: »
    [...]
    I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits through BootCamp
    [...]

Apple strongly suggests to use a 64 bit Windows version for a BootCamped machine, as the Mac is indeed a genuine 64 bit machine. Even though the Sims 4 is (disappointedly) 32 bit, the OS should be more stable in 64 bit mode.
    If you could find a 64 bits Windows install disc, it might well be worth a try.

This. Why did you install a 32 bit version? I didn't think the latest version of Boot Camp even let you install 32 bit, I thought it had to be 64 bit??

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5639
    Are 32-bit versions of Windows 7 and 8 supported?

No. Boot Camp 5 supports 64-bit versions of Windows 7, 8.0 and 8.1 only. Boot Camp 4 supports 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Windows 7, depending on the Mac model you have. For more information, see Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems.

Delete your Boot Camp partition, update Boot Camp to 5.1 then redo the Boot Camp partition, using Windows 64 bit. Download the support software from Apple (part of the Boot Camp process), don't use your disc as it will be very out of date.
    apple-signature.png
  • PixellariousPixellarious Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you for your replies! I installed the 32bits version because it is the one that was handed to me, I can't afford Windows otherwise. Even though I know a 64bits version would be better... And I can't have Bootcamp 5.1, the highest update I can have is 3.0.4 because of my OSX (10.6.8, Snow Leopard).
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Okay, I installed the 64-bit windows on my early-2011 Imac. I have 12 GB RAM and AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB. As well as an i5 core. But there;s one problem. The sims 4 requires an interent connection to install, and no matter what I do, my windows will not connect to my wifi. I've tried everything. I followed the instructions and installed it sucessfully. I have no idea what's wrong. UGH! Just my luck..
    Thank you for your replies! I installed the 32bits version because it is the one that was handed to me, I can't afford Windows otherwise. Even though I know a 64bits version would be better... And I can't have Bootcamp 5.1, the highest update I can have is 3.0.4 because of my OSX (10.6.8, Snow Leopard).

Have you thought about upgrading to Mavericks - 10.9.x? Snow Leopard is 5 years old now. As far as I'm aware the late 2011 model MBPs came with Lion, not Snow Leopard (SL was on the early 2011 models, Lion was released in July 2011, the late 2011 MBPs were released October/November time). Either way that's crummy you can't update Boot Camp on Snow Leopard :(
    apple-signature.png
  • ezuhbollaezuhbolla Posts: 77 Member
    Dear @BluebellFlora and the rest,

(BTW, BlueBellFlora, I LOVE YOUR BLOG, I've been following it for a long, long, long time!)

I've been patiently waiting for the TS4 Mac version. But, I am dying of seeing all the updates and mods, etc.
    Been a loyal fan to The Sims since I was 12 (and I'm now 25!) and I just want to spend some happy times with the new Sims.

Will Bootcamp lag out my laptop?
    Will I play TS4 happily and smoothly above minimum reqs?

These are my specs...

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Or, if you guys give me recommendation to just wait it out...I WILL! Maybe if I wait for TS4 native mac version I will play smoother...
    I'm not very much into building, I really like tinkering with families etc :)

If your reccos are to wait...I guess I will just play TS3 until then (although, I heard that wasn't recommended because TS4 is like...really basic and I might go into...some shock because I have so many EPS installed and I'm used to all this complexity from my TS3 game)

I played TS3 (haven't played since I've updated my OS to Yosemite) but before that I was playing glitch free with MODS and my expansion packs...
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I recommend waiting. Most long time Simmers seem bored with the game after an hour or two and go back to playing Sims 2 or 3 or both. I'd wait.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    @Treymanyne4260 - Thanks! Yeah, maybe waiting will have its payoff. :) And I won't have to buy windows hahahaha
    ezuhbolla wrote: »
    Dear @BluebellFlora and the rest,

(BTW, BlueBellFlora, I LOVE YOUR BLOG, I've been following it for a long, long, long time!)

I've been patiently waiting for the TS4 Mac version. But, I am dying of seeing all the updates and mods, etc.
    Been a loyal fan to The Sims since I was 12 (and I'm now 25!) and I just want to spend some happy times with the new Sims.

Will Bootcamp lag out my laptop?
    Will I play TS4 happily and smoothly above minimum reqs?

These are my specs...

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Or, if you guys give me recommendation to just wait it out...I WILL! Maybe if I wait for TS4 native mac version I will play smoother...<br />
    I'm not very much into building, I really like tinkering with families etc :)<br />

If your reccos are to wait...I guess I will just play TS3 until then (although, I heard that wasn't recommended because TS4 is like...really basic and I might go into...some shock because I have so many EPS installed and I'm used to all this complexity from my TS3 game)<br />

I played TS3 (haven't played since I've updated my OS to Yosemite) but before that I was playing glitch free with MODS and my expansion packs...

Aw, thank you, glad you like my blog :)

Your Mac will happily handle Boot Camp but I really wouldn't bother with TS4. It does depend on how you play the game though. I primarily build and play a little bit. I played it for a couple of days when it came out but I haven't since. I just found it really, really boring. Not much content, no CASt and it just looks too cartoony for me. Some features are cool though, like being able to make objects bigger and the roofing tool is much improved. It is significantly smoother than TS3 but just feels like it's lacking pretty much everything!
    apple-signature.png
    @BlueBellFlora,

I really love the whole life game of the sims....aka controlling the people....
    MORE THAN BUILDING things in the sims, I guess that's why I've been so eager play it.
    But yes, it's probably not worth buying Windows 8 and The Sims 4 Deluxe edition JUST for that.

But I think now maybe to start stretching myself and enjoying more of what makes the Sims game truly noteworthy, I will try building and designing something when the Mac version comes out...

Usually I just look around for amazing artists who make crazy beautiful houses to put my sims in! HAHAHA
  • mollardqmollardq Posts: 1 New Member
    Runs beautifully on Boot Camp...
    but runs horribly on Parallels 9. (frequent crashes, low fps)

Macbook Air mid-2011
    4GB RAM
    Intel HD 3000
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You will probably need to update to the latest version Parallels 10 to have the game run smoothly. I cannot say for sure as I do not own Sims 4.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.