Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for witches in TS4!

BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
edited November 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
after witches are added in any sims game, every sim i make from then on is a witch, including my simself. so obviously i'd love for them to return!
emotions being introduced in TS4 could mean great things for witches. >:)

i'm going to include examples for how the powers i suggest could be used, not just list powers for the sake of it! some ideas are from previous sims games.

1. covens - witches should be able to form covens. they could brew potions together, practice harmless spells on each other, and have powerful spells that require multiple witches in order to be cast. (100% success raising the dead, weather manipulation) - Get Together makes me wonder if the club system could be used to form a coven eventually, seeing as you can create your own unique club.

2. familiars - once TS4: PETS and witches are playable together, familiars should be introduced. familiars would have a more ethereal, maybe ghostly? look (a la Sims 2) and would help witches cast spells more successfully, build magic related skills, could search for collectibles/ingredients for potions/spells, etc.

3. alchemy/potions* - (basically already in game for Outdoor Retreat, just needs some new magical components!) make love potions, potions that make sims fall asleep, drain their needs, erase their memory, stop/reverse/speed up aging, make a sim sick/cure a sick sim, change their emotions, increase power level of witches, remove powers, etc *not exclusive to witches, although witches should get exclusive potions/elixirs*

4. active and passive powers!!! - i think it'd be cool if every witch had one unique power by default. (a la Charmed and AHS: Coven) but there could be a lifetime reward titled "Sorceress/Sorcerer Supreme" that would grant them multiple powers or every power

(*) EMPATHS (passive) - witches with the power of empathy feel the emotions of the sims around them (this would cause some major mood swings... positive and negative moodlets of sims near your sim would influence the emotions of the empath. similar to how the emotional auras already work in game.)

(*) LIMITED SHAPESHIFTING* (active) - shapeshifting witches could transform into cats. in this form they can hunt, search for collectibles, cat naps instead of naps, etc. in their human form there could be a few cute cat jokes/puns as options or something... shedding on furniture, etc. *only available with PETS expansion*

(*) PYROKINESIS* (active) - set fire to sims and lots (like ghosts that died by fire and pyromaniacs + witches in TS3), start random fires when angry, *immune to fire*

(*) ASTRAL PROJECTION* (active) - a whole new way to multitask. this power would be very useful! either the power projects an astral form of your sim that is active at the same time as the real sim, with needs that don't decay, and a timer on the projection once activated. OR just create an astral version of your sim to do whatever - read, cook, clean, etc. - while your actual sim rests and raises their energy. *ASTRAL FORM CAN ONLY BE USED ON THE SAME LOT AS THE SIMS' PHYSICAL BODY*

(*) TIME MANIPULATION* (active) - freeze time on the lot your sim is on. prevent fires from spreading, freeze a dying sim while you convince the grim reaper to spare them, etc *other witches/familiars do not freeze*

(*) LEVITATION (active) - this would be more of a walk style available in CAS than an actual power

(*) IMMORTALITY (passive) - your sim does not age. witch children are not usually born with the same powers as their parents so they will grow old (unless born immortal, then they age up to YA/Adult and stay that age forever), while their parent stays young!

(*) RESURRECTION/RESURGENCE* (active/passive) - these sims can successfully raise the dead and have a chance to come back themselves after death. *other witches can also raise the dead, but with a higher chance of raising a zombie instead of a normal sim. resurrecting a sim with the help of your coven will lower the risk of raising a zombie.*

(*) TELEPORTATION (active) - (now in game thanks to Spa Day!) teleport anywhere instantly *small chance to backfire. you teleport to a random spot, fall, gain an embarrassed moodlet*

(*) TELEPATHY/MIND CONTROL (passive/active) - speak with sims and work on your relationship no matter where they are, like cell phones but.. minus the phone. probably useless until you get the the mind control aspect that would allow you to temporarily gain control of any sim.

(*) NATURE MANIPULATION* (active) - master the gardening skill, make all types of plants grow instantly, talk to plants, *plants react to emotions - decay when your sim is angry/sad, bloom when happy/flirty* (with the effect of flowers blossoming at your feet when happy? like plantsims in TS3.)

(*) AURA READING/MANIPULATION (passive/active) - your sim can see an aura surrounding other sims. (green aura = happy, red = angry, pink = flirty, etc), your sims can manipulate the aura of another sim to change their emotion at will.

5. spells - learn from spell books and ancient tomes, including white magic + black magic books! magic duels! your sims can also fill the pages of their own book of spells to pass down the family tree. wands optional.

o:) BLESSINGS o:) - good luck, make happy/confident, inspire, increase motives, skill boost, protection, etc

>:) CURSES >:) - make sad/angry, bladder/hygiene curse, attack with bees, ruin sims relationships, bad luck, etc

(*) SPELLS (*) - love spell, fertility spell, conversion spell, lightning strike/meteor strike (chance to kill sim), animate objects, banish sim, erase memory, put a sim to sleep, force blast (telekinetically blast sims)

household spells - clean, upgrade, repair objects, small rain clouds for watering plants, conjure perfect quality meals

i think that's all i've got for now, lol... what are your ideas and what do you think of these?

***edit:
1: if that old rumored magic university pack is released, please do not make it so that we have to send our sims to the university to be a witch/use magic! and please let witches remain a life state, not just a minor skill or object for normal sims.

2: updated some things for recent GPs and EPs, a few things are now in game that could be expanded upon with the eventual addition of witches:

Get to Work - empaths (alien ability)
Outdoor Retreat - alchemy
Spa Day - teleportation
Get Together - covens with the club system***

<3
Fairies & real Plantsims please!
Post edited by BOY on

Comments

• SlashaPupSlashaPup Posts: 23 Member
    Would be interesting.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I thought they had been confirmed , when i read the title of this thread. I got excited for a second.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    > @Orchid13 said:
    > I thought they had been confirmed , when i read the title of this thread. I got excited for a second.

lol, sorry! edited the title... o:)
    kit wrote: »
    > @Orchid13 said:<br />
    > I thought they had been confirmed , when i read the title of this thread. I got excited for a second.<br />
    <br />
    lol, sorry! edited the title... o:)

Haha its ok :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited October 2014
    Your ideas I like them B)
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I would love this.
    It is my favourite lifestate too, and I usually make my simself one (for many reasons, from religion to love for Harry Potter). I don't make EVERY sim one though because I like to be special *throws glitter around*.
    I'm not a huge fan of the "levitation" part, though.

Also, I like that you said that kids are not usually born with the powers. I totally agree with this. Witchcraft is about tradition, not genetics, so it is something that can be learned. I would like to see a parent or even a coven helping the kids to learn the art.
    IMO, because witchcraft is all about tradition, it would be a good addition to a family-themed EP.
    Another thing that would be cool would be if Witches were not EXACTLY a life state, in a way that any sim would be able to become one even if they are, say, a Vampire or an Alien without having to give up on their previous life state.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
    Better then the same old same old.
    edited October 2014
    I loved the witches from sims 3 . What would be cool is to connect a pets and weather EP with witches
    21mbz47.jpg
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I would love this.
    It is my favourite lifestate too, and I usually make my simself one (for many reasons, from religion to love for Harry Potter). I don't make EVERY sim one though because I like to be special *throws glitter around*.

Also, I like that you said that kids are not usually born with the powers. I totally agree with this. Witchcraft is about tradition, not genetics, so it is something that can be learned. I would like to see a parent or even a coven helping the kids to learn the art.
    IMO, because witchcraft is all about tradition, it would be a good addition to a family-themed EP.
    Another thing that would be cool would be if Witches were not EXACTLY a life state, in a way that any sim would be able to become one even if they are, say, a Vampire or an Alien without having to give up on their previous life state.

This would be cool too a mermaid witch I'd love to see
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I would love this.

This would be cool too a mermaid witch I'd love to see

I had a Fairy Witch in mind, but a Mermaid Witch would be awesome too.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
    > @Alnairan said:
    > Also, I like that you said that kids are not usually born with the powers. I totally agree with this. Witchcraft is about tradition, not genetics, so it is something that can be learned. I would like to see a parent or even a coven helping the kids to learn the art.
    > IMO, because witchcraft is all about tradition, it would be a good addition to a family-themed EP.
    > Another thing that would be cool would be if Witches were not EXACTLY a life state, in a way that any sim would be able to become one even if they are, say, a Vampire or an Alien without having to give up on their previous life state.

oh, i meant that the children would be born with different powers not without powers (sometimes without powers :)), ha. and idk, i think hybrids could be cool but i'd rather witches remain a life state..
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Love em but knowing EA they probably won't go that far.

Freezing time is a must though, it probably didn't return in sims 3 due to the open world, but now that it is less of one, I hope we can freeze time like Tempus Interruptus. Yes on Spectral familiars similar to sims 2 as well.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    @Alnarian

THAT!
  • Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Pretty good ideas. I'd actually start liking witches if they had these powers.
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    I'm going to be so disappointed if they don't include a satisfying potion creation with witches/supernatural. I just remember Makin' Magic being so much fun, and then they just sort of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 witches in TS2 and threw them in at the last second. :(
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Awesome ideas :) *throws money at EA for this one*
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Forgot to say:

We totally need Piper Halliwell's (from Charmed) Molecular Combustion power. >:)

"What u wanted to say, Reaper?" B)
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    This!!! I would buy this for sure!
    > @Alistair_32 said:
    > Forgot to say:
    > We totally need Piper Halliwell's (from Charmed) Molecular Combustion power. >:)
    > "What u wanted to say, Reaper?" B)

lmao yes we do! i'm actually working on sims of the halliwell sisters (excluding prue...), that's why i added empathy to the list (phoebe ;))

i'd post pictures, but idk how!
    > @Alistair_32 said:<br />
    > Forgot to say:<br />
    > We totally need Piper Halliwell's (from Charmed) Molecular Combustion power. >:)<br />
    > "What u wanted to say, Reaper?" B)<br />
    <br />
    lmao yes we do! i'm actually working on sims of the halliwell sisters (excluding prue...), that's why i added empathy to the list (phoebe ;))<br />
    <br />
    i'd post pictures, but idk how!

I made them too including Prue, they're in my gallery, still want to tweak them more though.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
    > @ScarletQueenKat1 said:
    > I made them too including Prue, they're in my gallery, still want to tweak them more though.

wow, the halliwell manor you built is fantastic! :o
    > @ScarletQueenKat1 said:<br />
    > I made them too including Prue, they're in my gallery, still want to tweak them more though.<br />
    <br />
    wow, the halliwell manor you built is fantastic! :o

Thank you :)
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    As long as EA doesn't make evil witches turn green I'll be happy. I loved playing an evil witch in TS2. The way they would woosh away on their broom. TS3 took the pizzazz away. However, I did like the fact that spells could back fire. >:)
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    edited October 2014
    taffy550 wrote: »
    As long as EA doesn't make evil witches turn green I'll be happy. I loved playing an evil witch in TS2. The way they would woosh away on their broom. TS3 took the pizzazz away. However, I did like the fact that spells could back fire. >:)

I loved the haunting spell in TS3... and these witch powers remind me of American Horror Story: Coven.
  • ReganHarris7ReganHarris7 Posts: 9 New Member
    Awesome ideas; this is definitely a Supernatural ep I would be keen to see. I don't think these powers are too outlandish either; they seem like a natural next step from TS3 to TS4.