Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decorator Tips

Comments

• Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    @midnightpearl: I love the house. Looks like a great place to party with that bar upstairs.

thanks SelahFreeAtLast, yeah it will be a great place to party with the bar, and this house would be perfect if it were overlooking the sea as well.
    Maybe someday they will give us an ocean.

ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Oh, I just had a thought and I haven't been able to find a discussion about it yet. If anyone has some landscaping/garden design tips, I would love to see them!
  • Options
    I'm horrible with landscaping.
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Lizziguin wrote: »
    Oh, I just had a thought and I haven't been able to find a discussion about it yet. If anyone has some landscaping/garden design tips, I would love to see them!

Scale, scale, scale! And remember you can put floor tiles outside.

5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your home is very nice! @midnightpearl :) It looks great how you have done the sunroof! The slanted roofing looks very nice too! The black and red colours of the exterior look very nice. It looks nice how you have done the windows in the build.
  • Options
    Candy810Candy810 Posts: 52 Member
    Love the sunroof !!
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    My tip of day. When taking your pic for the gallery, walls down pans the camera out, walls up brings it closer in. ;)
  • Options
    nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    edited October 2014
    JBEAR1 wrote: »
    My tip of day. When taking your pic for the gallery, walls down pans the camera out, walls up brings it closer in. ;)

I have tried uploading rooms and houses to the gallery at different angles and with walls up or down, and the gallery has it own set way of taking pictures. You can only rotate the picture and choose which one you want. Walls are always cut.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    WAIT A MINUTE! You mean I can change the picture for the gallery!? What rock have I been under?
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    WAIT A MINUTE! You mean I can change the picture for the gallery!? What rock have I been under?

Me and you both. I didn't know that either.

• Options

I can't guarantee it but it works with my wip and my last build. It isn't a huge amount but it can make the difference.

Anyone know if I can join 45 degree angled kitchen units. I need to, really need to lol. Think I know the answer

• Options
    nualla8673 wrote: »

I have tried uploading rooms and houses to the gallery at different angles and with walls up or down, and the gallery has it own set way of taking pictures. You can only rotate the picture and choose which one you want. Walls are always cut.
    Rotate picture? Choose which one you want?
    What you talkin' 'bout Willis?
  • Options

Rotate picture? Choose which one you want?
    What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

You referred to gallery pictures. What exactly are you talking about?
  • Options

Yes. Before fininalzing your upload feature, there will be a small camera icon at the bottom of your gallery photo. Simply click it and the picture will rotate, click and it will rotate again. Do this until you get the pic you want and then upload.
  • Options

Yes. Before fininalzing your upload feature, there will be a small camera icon at the bottom of your gallery photo. Simply click it and the picture will rotate, click and it will rotate again. Do this until you get the pic you want and then upload.

Is my game broken then because I have actually looked for this before because it is present in cas. It has not been available at any point for me when uploading lots. I would be very very grateful if you could expand on this and walk me through the process.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It only works when uploading rooms to the gallery. The three photos for houses are selected for you. But, here is how you would change the photos when uploading rooms.

Select the room you want to upload first and save it.
    saveroom_zpsa08d0857.png

Next simply select the view by clicking the camera icon. There are 4 different views to choose from.
    selectphoto_zps294960c3.png

Edit: I'm sorry if I wasn't specific that this only works when uploading rooms.
  • Options
    I'm face palming irl. You got my hopes up so high. lol. Never mind ;b
  • Options
    Sorry :s but I have to ask, what were you talking about? Because other than what I just showed you, there is no real control over gallery photos.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Sorry :s but I have to ask, what were you talking about? Because other than what I just showed you, there is no real control over gallery photos.
    I said:
    When taking your pic for the gallery (lot), walls down pans the camera out, walls up brings it closer in.
    So you do have a modicum of control.

edit: also forgot to mention that it changes what is seen in the 3rd layer last picture. So there's that as well.
    Post edited by JBEAR1 on
  • Options
    DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member

Cool! I never saw that icon. Have to look for it next time then...
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    I think you guys are referring to CAS pictures. I tried changing the image for the house I uploaded recently, but I wasn't able to. When you're in CAS, and have finished creating your sim - or family - then you can change which image you want before you upload.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @nualla8673 -- I just saw *your* post about changing the image for rooms only. So, we're *only* able to change out images for CAS and rooms. Well, that's plum.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member

Darn, this didn't work for me. Has it worked on every single one of your builds, @JBEAR1, or only on some of them?

Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »

Darn, this didn't work for me. Has it worked on every single one of your builds, @JBEAR1, or only on some of them?
    I've just noticed it many times. Probably depends on lot, height of trees etc. Worth knowing though in case it does work that time you need it to.

• Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »

Ok, download my Sinatra, put it on Cacti Casa and there is a big difference between walls fully down and the other two when you go to save it. Promise. Don't upload it, I got my eye on you lol.