Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• DaemongrinDaemongrin Posts: 60 Member
    edited October 2014
    Done for the day finished painting and writing aspirations started baron and am on tier 3 of it. Making 6k+ a day from all the books he wrote. Has creative visionary and the mercantile? (sell crafted items for more). I don't use Needs modifying rewards makes it to easy (probably would if I did normal lifespan but I use long, I like developing my sims and not feeling rushed).

I used the S3 EP crystal lamps 1 inspiration, 1 Focus (not used as of yet), 1 Playful (unused due to bubble baths *^^*) and one Confident (unused due to buff from making excellent/masterpiece paintings regularly with perfectionist trait). These lamps may need to be a restricted item for your challenge seeing as how I seem to be so far ahead. Not sure if they are the reason or because I'm not worrying about the point system.

There was a Baron aspiration issue I noticed involving the own 15 paintings. I had 8 on my walls but only 4 registered, all were different, all excellent and painted by my sim however each new painting I made counted. Odd.

Here is his Mansion Baron house. Worth over 100k. I'll start working on the 3rd and 4th set of goals when I resume tomorrow probably finish it up.

i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-10-14_7-44nbspPM.png

i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-10-14_7-44nbspPM-2.png

EDIT: Also have Savant reward trait
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited October 2014
    I also just finished Week 3. :D

Week 3
    -7 DAYS
    Painter Extraordinaire +5
    Painting LVL 10 +5
    Purchased "Never Weary" from Rewards
    Lot Value $28,364

doris-13.jpg

Finished my Painting aspiration, but I started Computer Whiz. I haven't done much with it, rather focusing on cash. Doris has started a Dining Table and End Table Empire to finance her dream home. Lot value is rounding up nicely, and her handiness is not at level 8. Soon she'll be able to make things unbreakable and self-cleaning which will help stave off those pesky Uncomfortable moodlets from being a neat freak.

doris-14.jpg

I haven't started building her home up yet, but I did rearrange it for convenience, and as you can see I put down a few extras like the game pad, making a low Fun moodlet a thing of the past. As she levels up Handiness I'll be able to craft my own high-quality furniture, and it sells REALLY well. Once my skill is high enough, Doris's rise to fame and riches will be acquired from the bottoms of sims the world over. Yes, one day Doris will achieve her dreams by mass-producing hand crafted toilets.

doris-15.jpg
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    This looks fun! I think now is a good time to give it a try while I wait for a couple of annoying bugs to be fixed, as this challenge won't invoke either of them if the sim is an unemployed female.
  • Kal_T0rakKal_T0rak Posts: 172 Member
    Got my sim ready for the challenge and here he is.

Master Chef Aspiration
    Foodie
    Gloomy
    Lazy

I wrote a backstory for this sim (for anyone interested) that can be found here. The password is Sims4

2014-10-10_7-39-18_zpsdfed2734.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the house yet. I'm not going to start on that until tomorrow.

To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
  • bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    You showed a small outside area for the mailbox. Could you have a larger fenced garden area as long as the entire home/garden is no more than 64 squares?
    edited October 2014
    @bumblebeer0se, I'm guessing that's probably okay. If not, I may have to go back to the drawing board for my design.

Here's my sim...
    1k8p06o.png

... and here's her house (still in progress)...
    xl8IjpJ.jpg

I might also end up having pathing issues; if I do, or if Kato comes back and says that's not kosher, I have a slightly more conventional design I could go with instead.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Day one.

I'm playing myself.
    Aspiration: Mansion Baron
    Traits: Creative, Genius, Geek

Here's my starter Home:
    Day1.png

Starting cash after Housing appropriate needs: $1,443
    Houseworth: $13,587
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    rS1pzz8.jpg
    Sim I'm using for the challenge, Elijah Knox, made by myradaswoolridge on origin, I edited his traits though.
    9varzIr.jpg
    Hanging outside the box before I locked him in it. >:)
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
    edited October 2014
    Carnegie has entered her prison, and the door is gone.
    sZUrEc5.jpg

Funny thing about this sim... I decided to name her by taking a wealthy industrialist's name and reversing it. The first suitable-sounding name that came to mind was Andrew Carnegie. So, I found myself working with the name Carnegie Andrews.

And then it occurred to me that I've already created a sim with the last name Andrews. Archie, from the comics of the same name. I'd made him, along with his two main love interests and his two other primary friends, while playing around with the CAS demo before the game was released.

I loaded that "household", and played with genetics to produce Carnegie. She's the daughter of Archie and Veronica (from an alternate timeline or something), just because I think Veronica is much more likely than Betty to name her child Carnegie. I deleted everyone but Archie and Veronica, aged them up to Adult, and created six daughters. I then chose the one I liked best, aged her up to Young Adult, selected her traits to reflect her parentage (one trait from each parent, plus one of her own), and redid her wardrobe because the game makes odd choices in that regard.
    Post edited by nateslice on
    edited October 2014
    katoregama wrote: »

GAMEPLAY RULES
    1. When gameplay begins your final goal is to complete the Mansion Baron aspiration.
    2. 30 windows, 20 columns and $350,000 worth of stuff? Yes, you ARE allowed to build outside of your room.
    3. You can build anything, anywhere, at any time, as long as your sim never leaves their 8 x 8 area.
    4. You may NOT switch aspirations once one is selected, until it become impossible to complete, or is completed.
    5. You may spend points on any rewards you wish, excluding the "Independent" reward.
    6. Your sim is not allowed to have a job, making money gains difficult.
    7. You may turn aging on or off as desired.

You may want to consider banning the usage of the Moodlet Solver reward potion. I don't know if it's a bug or intended but when used, it maxes all your needs.

To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
    End of week 1:

Untitled-1%20copy.jpg
    10-10-14_10-49%C2%A0PM.png

Earned: $133.00
    Kal_T0rak wrote: »

GAMEPLAY RULES
    1. When gameplay begins your final goal is to complete the Mansion Baron aspiration.
    2. 30 windows, 20 columns and $350,000 worth of stuff? Yes, you ARE allowed to build outside of your room.
    3. You can build anything, anywhere, at any time, as long as your sim never leaves their 8 x 8 area.
    4. You may NOT switch aspirations once one is selected, until it become impossible to complete, or is completed.
    5. You may spend points on any rewards you wish, excluding the "Independent" reward.

You may want to consider banning the usage of the Moodlet Solver reward potion. I don't know if it's a bug or intended but when used, it maxes all your needs.

Good point! I'll make sure to add that.

@bumblebeer0se and @nateslice You can certainly build a larger outdoor area if you desire, just make sure it's fenced off, and withing the alotted tile space. :D
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    I enjoyed doing challenges in 3, so I'd like to try this one. I have a couple of questions, though:

1) Since the challenge was announced on October 8, I realize I'm already a few days behind. Is there an end date?
    2) How many (game) weeks do you anticipate it should take to finish?
    3) Is it a requirement to submit pictures/screenies? Is there somewhere that explains how to do that?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go. I'll ask them as they come to me. Thanks for starting this!
    I enjoyed doing challenges in 3, so I'd like to try this one. I have a couple of questions, though:

1) Since the challenge was announced on October 8, I realize I'm already a few days behind. Is there an end date?
    2) How many (game) weeks do you anticipate it should take to finish?
    3) Is it a requirement to submit pictures/screenies? Is there somewhere that explains how to do that?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go. I'll ask them as they come to me. Thanks for starting this!

1. There's no definite beginning or end date I guess. Several other people just started today. As people finish and submit scores, I'll make a leaderboard.

2. Hard to say since we're still playing. I'm on week three, but rapidly gaining finances. Probably 6-8 in-game weeks is my guess, but again that's just a guess. Could be more or could be less.

3. Pictures are not a requirement. I made some up to provide a little logo, and visuals for getting started. I post updates as they happen, but since you don't leave the area, there's not going to be a lot of activity going on, lol. I use my own webspace, so you'll have so ask someone else how they upload their images.
    edited October 2014

GAMEPLAY RULES

Good point! I'll make sure to add that.

@bumblebeer0se and @nateslice You can certainly build a larger outdoor area if you desire, just make sure it's fenced off, and withing the alotted tile space. :D

Thanks, Kato! Good to have the confirmation. I used fountains to close off the observatory on Carnegie's lot, because I found fencing doing weird things on that tight space in Build/Buy mode. I don't think sims can walk across fountains. If I discover otherwise, I'll look into other options.
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    Excerpts from the diary of Maison Baron:

Week One -
    I've agreed to confine myself to an 8x8 foot room and work toward acquiring a 350k home. I have the Creative, Genius and Music Lover traits and have chosen Freelance Botanist as my first aspiration, which gives me the Collector trait. Not sure how much good THAT will do me!

Sunday
    Have moved into my box. Managed to escape once while the Godess went into Manage Neighborhood to DL a house for someone else, but she caught me and threw me back in before I could so much as wave at the neighbors. Decided not to bother with bathroom walls - who's going to see me? Planted spinach, parsley, basil, carrots, grapes and mushrooms I ordered from online. Had to throw the two apples and the plantain into the fridge - it's not like I know how to cook with them anyway.

Monday
    Tended garden, mopped floor. Have to do that alot because I'm not too proficient with the watering can yet. Postman ran past my window and threw a postcard over the fence from my new penpal in Riverview. Finding myself suddenly laughing maniacally and drumming my heels on the floor for no apparent reason more often than I'd like. The Godess took my radio because I had it on constantly and it was taking too long for me to do everything *sigh*

Tuesday
    Working on my programming skills and chatting online. Haven't fallen into critical social deprivation yet, but you can't really make any friends that way. Big excitement as I was eating my salad for dinner - the parsley plant beside the table started sparkling and evolved. His name is Wesley.

Wednesday
    I can see lemons on a tree out one window and cherries and onions growing out another. I wonder if I could bribe the mailman with some carrots and spinach to pick some for me? If he'd bring me a tomato, I think I'd agree to have his children. A dragonfly keeps flying through the house. His name is Steve.

Thursday
    The blackberries are growing on the bush almost right outside my window. I think if I could get the window open I could...almost...reach them! The grape plant finally evolved last night. Hoping it will grow fruit today so I can plant one and finish Nature Walker on my FB aspiration. Noticed when I decided to research gardening on the computer I also had the ability to research pick-up lines. Who am I going to pick up? Steve?

Friday
    The grape plant finally grew fruit, so I completed the Nature Walker phase of my aspiration by planting another grape. The next phase requires me to harvest from 20 different plants, which could be a challenge. I can hardly walk in here now with 10 plants. I decided to plant five more mushrooms. They grow fast and I should be able to uproot them and plant five more. Had to store the easel to make room. Autonomously painted a Social Bunny today. Afraid to examine too closely what that means.

Saturday
    Plants are evolving nicely. I realized that, after I'd watered the plants, I could talk to Wesley. I'm afraid that if I'm here too long he may start answering me. I haven't seen Steve in two days. He must have been reading over my shoulder when I wrote about the pick-up lines. How embarrassing! Haven't seen the postman lately either, even though I requested postcards from two more of my penpals. Glad HE couldn't read over my shoulder! I'm sure he'll be back with bills on Monday. Had to buy expensive trash can that chews up trash and gives rebates when the toilet broke. Where would I empty a regular one?

baron.png

Totals for Week One:
    Daily points -6
    Nature Walker +5
    TOTAL - 99
  • CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    I started playing under the original rules (so the house is 10 by 10), and I haven't been keeping track of the days, so I won't keep score. My sim has been keeping her head above water financially by painting, and keeping her social going mostly with trolling the forums. ;-) Maybe I'll do a new game when the rules have been settled more firmly.
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
    edited October 2014
    I'd almost think Bob to be insane (he's not). Here, he's just moved in and his first order of business is to plant and water a daisy. Who's he going to give it to? His fiancé is dead, poor guy.

No, planting daisies is not insane but spending 7.5k on a single painting while refusing to drop a paltry 64 on wallpaper is questionable.

StarterHouse_zps1d625285.jpg

Right off the bat, he's tired and hungry. Sounds about right for him. A slight error in the original purchases. Bob forgot to buy a counter for his food! That was resolved and now, Grilled Cheese. Lots and lots of Grilled Cheese to come. His aspiration requires it. He could probably stand to lay off them but he just loves 'em so much.

foood_zpsf1ec40fc.jpg
    edited October 2014
    moongodess wrote: »

Week One -
    I've agreed to confine myself to an 8x8 foot room and work toward acquiring a 350k home. I have the Creative, Genius and Music Lover traits and have chosen Freelance Botanist as my first aspiration, which gives me the Collector trait. Not sure how much good THAT will do me!

Sunday
    Have moved into my box. Managed to escape once while the Godess went into Manage Neighborhood to DL a house for someone else, but she caught me and threw me back in before I could so much as wave at the neighbors. Decided not to bother with bathroom walls - who's going to see me? Planted spinach, parsley, basil, carrots, grapes and mushrooms I ordered from online. Had to throw the two apples and the plantain into the fridge - it's not like I know how to cook with them anyway.

Monday
    Tended garden, mopped floor. Have to do that alot because I'm not too proficient with the watering can yet. Postman ran past my window and threw a postcard over the fence from my new penpal in Riverview. Finding myself suddenly laughing maniacally and drumming my heels on the floor for no apparent reason more often than I'd like. The Godess took my radio because I had it on constantly and it was taking too long for me to do everything *sigh*

Tuesday
    Working on my programming skills and chatting online. Haven't fallen into critical social deprivation yet, but you can't really make any friends that way. Big excitement as I was eating my salad for dinner - the parsley plant beside the table started sparkling and evolved. His name is Wesley.

Wednesday
    I can see lemons on a tree out one window and cherries and onions growing out another. I wonder if I could bribe the mailman with some carrots and spinach to pick some for me? If he'd bring me a tomato, I think I'd agree to have his children. A dragonfly keeps flying through the house. His name is Steve.

Thursday
    The blackberries are growing on the bush almost right outside my window. I think if I could get the window open I could...almost...reach them! The grape plant finally evolved last night. Hoping it will grow fruit today so I can plant one and finish Nature Walker on my FB aspiration. Noticed when I decided to research gardening on the computer I also had the ability to research pick-up lines. Who am I going to pick up? Steve?

Friday
    The grape plant finally grew fruit, so I completed the Nature Walker phase of my aspiration by planting another grape. The next phase requires me to harvest from 20 different plants, which could be a challenge. I can hardly walk in here now with 10 plants. I decided to plant five more mushrooms. They grow fast and I should be able to uproot them and plant five more. Had to store the easel to make room. Autonomously painted a Social Bunny today. Afraid to examine too closely what that means.

Saturday
    Plants are evolving nicely. I realized that, after I'd watered the plants, I could talk to Wesley. I'm afraid that if I'm here too long he may start answering me. I haven't seen Steve in two days. He must have been reading over my shoulder when I wrote about the pick-up lines. How embarrassing! Haven't seen the postman lately either, even though I requested postcards from two more of my penpals. Glad HE couldn't read over my shoulder! I'm sure he'll be back with bills on Monday. Had to buy expensive trash can that chews up trash and gives rebates when the toilet broke. Where would I empty a regular one?

baron.png

Totals for Week One:
    Daily points -6
    Nature Walker +5
    TOTAL - 99

How are you guys getting plants?

End of week 2:
    Earned: $7,064
    by painting and writing novels.

Week2y.jpg

I think I may be off to bed soon.

ETA: I think I know. You're buying potters and buying seeds, right?
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Week One -

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

baron.png

Totals for Week One:
    Daily points -6
    Nature Walker +5
    TOTAL - 99

How are you guys getting plants?

End of week 2:
    Earned: $7,064
    by painting and writing novels.

Week2y.jpg

I think I may be off to bed soon.

Order seed packets online or from the little pots you plant them in indoors.

Me, too - and it's still dark out! Tired today
    Order seed packets online or from the little pots you plant them in indoors.

Me, too - and it's still dark out! Tired today

Smooth. I would have never thought of that. Great idea!
    Well Bob's social is already yellow. He's realizing his need for human interaction is important. He's still not ready or able to do it though. Bob's also realized a green thumb he has not. His gardening skill is still low (2) so what's he do instead....more...Grilled...Cheese.

It's a mere 90 minutes into day two and his progress is so hot, it's on fire. No wait, He's on fire AAAAAAH! FIRE!!!

FIRE_zpsddcb2a10.jpg
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    Poor Bob, may he find comfort in his food.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    Can we use a build/buy mode unlocker mod to get items that are for career items or is that not allowed?
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
    Well Bob's social is already yellow. He's realizing his need for human interaction is important. He's still not ready or able to do it though. Bob's also realized a green thumb he has not. His gardening skill is still low (2) so what's he do instead....more...Grilled...Cheese.

It's a mere 90 minutes into day two and his progress is so hot, it's on fire. No wait, He's on fire AAAAAAH! FIRE!!!

Oh my! Guess that's where the fire extinguisher come in handy, eh?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top