Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#ashworks - UPDATE!

Comments

• cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    Japanese getaway is my favourite of your builds so far, the landscaping is stunning :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    What a great build! It looks so authentic! Love that garden! Perfect Zen place! <3 The interiors are beautifully decorated too. Good job! :D
  • SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    Great builds! I especially liked the Shadowbox Estate - I never would have thought of something like that myself, very nice work!
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @Tfbob, @cornishoven, @yanti68, @kristinemancuso - Thank you all for your comments! I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's creations too!
    -
    5sXtTqH.png
  • FrostmenFrostmen Posts: 22 Member
    Very beautiful building and tastefully furnished, I loved. :)
  • lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    @Ash072, I absolutely love what you did with Oasis Museum of Fine Arts! I'm going to grab it and start putting it in my games. I never send my Sims to the museum much because the Maxis museums just seem so dull, even in TS3. Japanese Getaway is very lovely as well. Thanks for sharing your creations! :)
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    OMG! I am in love with all your houses! I need to look you up as soon as I am able to play again! Great work!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Japanese Getaway is very beautiful, love how you've done the garden with this great theme and fantastic roof structures :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @Frostmen - Thanks! I appreciate it!
    @lessthanzero1013 - Thanks! I hope it works well for people. I play tested it enough to make sure things didn't disappear when downloaded but I'm not sure how the ONE bathroom is going to play out. :D
    @Burntcheese223 - Thanks! I haven't played any of them to any extent, so hopefully they're easy to use. Japanese Getaway might be difficult to play since the full bath is on the 1st floor and the master bedroom is on the 3rd but I was just filling in space when I put the rooms in so PLEASE feel free to redecorate to be better for your Sims. :smile:
    @masajo - Thank you! I had fun building it. I tried to get the roofs with an upward turn but the current roofing tool didn't allow it. I'm sure some creative souls here on the forums can figure it out though!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • GiggggzGiggggz Posts: 40 Member
    Love the Japanese getaway. Very nicely done :)
  • DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    Perfect Japanese style house, beautiful landscaping :)
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    Really interesting work and lots of different ideas good on you, have fun
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Ash, your Japanese Getaway is fantastic! I'm blown away by the lovely Japanese garden - very zen! In fact, you even have a Zen garden! How cool is that? Love the gazebo, the fountain... everything. And the exterior and interior designs are top-notch. You're so talented. :D
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited October 2014
    The japanese getaway is really something special! I am often inspired by japanese architecture
    when I build and this is just spot on :) The landscaping is beautiful and I love the cute little bridge
    over the fountain :D The whole build has the peaceful and calming fu sui (japanese feng shui) feeling :)

Good job on the roofing too! And very nice use of wood and the colors are perfect. Love this! :)
    edited October 2014
    @KaylyRed - Wow! Thank you very much for the comments! I hope it plays well. The rooms were haphazardly thrown in. If I had taken more time I wouldn't have put the main bathroom downstairs and the master bedroom on the third floor! :smile:

@Manssom - Thank you! I was worried it was getting too muddied with all the brown. I'm glad the cherry tree was a landscaping option because you can't have Japan without sakura blossoms. :smile:

My daughters are finally letting me get a chance to build again! Current WIP is a new community nightclub. It will be in similar tastes to Shadowbox Estate.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello Ash :) I have set up a thread where people can post links to their own showcase threads. If you would like to post a link to your showcase thread I would be delighted if you posted your showcase thread link on that thread.
    The link is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793638/showcase-links-thread/p1
    edited October 2014
    Here are pics further pics of the "Contrast Club!" I had fun building it. This club is based on a shadow artwork involving wooden blocks. There is no #CC. Also, everything is able to be used by the Sims but I noticed everyone tends to hang out in the owner's office because he has four TVs and a comp up there I used to represent a surveillance station! :smile:

Hmm...forgot to take pics of the manager's office...will have to update when I get home.

EXTERIOR
    [img][/img]10-10-14_3-51nbspPM_zpsf4d4cca4.png

1st Floor #1
    [img][/img]10-10-14_3-42nbspPM-2_zpse41432f9.png

1st Floor #2
    [img][/img]10-10-14_3-42nbspPM_zps06de43b0.png

Bar
    [img][/img]10-10-14_3-54nbspPM-3_zpsb1a98b89.png

Stage
    FORGOT to take a picture of it!

VIP Balcony
    [img][/img]10-10-14_3-53nbspPM_zps0ebdf73f.png

Manager's Office
    FORGOT to take a picture! But you can see part of it in the pic above on the right.

VIP Red Room
    [img][/img]10-10-14_3-54nbspPM-2_zpse42e491f.png

VIP Purple Room
    [img][/img]10-10-14_3-54nbspPM_zps87f381b3.png

5sXtTqH.png
  • Candy810Candy810 Posts: 52 Member
    Ash- Thank you so much for commenting on my thread! I wanted to return the favor. I'm very impressed by your work and look forward to following you !
  • Rc_shabbaRc_shabba Posts: 183 Member
    awesome work, I really like it B)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Contrast Club is a very nice place for sims to enjoy visiting for a drink and entertainment! Very nice exterior of it! It looks very nice how you have placed the lights on the roof ledge and on the side of the build. Very nice furnishing of and layout of the interior! The purple, white and black colour scheme of the build looks very nice! Very nice bar area! The white bar counter and the black bar stools look great together. It looks great how you have placed a number of drinks display cabinets together to create a great look. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink and a chat. It looks very nice how you have placed the chairs around the white circular tables and have the black mat underneath. The flowers on the table are nice for sims to see when sitting drinking there. Very nice VIP balcony! Sims will enjoy sitting at the table and looking down at what is happening downstairs. The VIP red and purple rooms are very nice! Sims will enjoy both performing comedy routines at the microphone as well as sitting on the sofas there listening and enjoying being entertained. It looks great how you have done the corners of mirrors! The circular floor rugs are nice for the sims to stand on when performing. The colours of the walls and furnishings there in the VIP rooms give a great look. Very nice music and comedy stage area! Sims will enjoy playing the musical instruments together there as well doing comedy routines. It is great musical entertainment for sims to enjoy whilst sitting having a drink. Very nice lounge area! It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there for sims to enjoy sitting resting and having a chat. The musician and musical pictures on the walls look very nice and suit well with the style of the build. It looks very nice how you have placed the blossom plants and suns and bird wall decor there. The way you have patterned the flooring through the build looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have set up the bar stool counters and the tables through the build. The pink lantern lights look very nice.
    It is a very nice night club! :)
    Thank you for your thoughts, Rose! I love how you pay so much attention to details in everyone's build! We, and I, appreciate it!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Awesome club! :D Will def add this to my game :D
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh WOW! Love your club! Such trendy and stylish design! Love the colour combo inside and the neon signs you have used for the exterior. Great job! :D
    @Manssom and @yanti68 - Thank you both! I hope it plays well. It's true that most of the visitors in Live mode hang out in the manager's office because of his four TVs and computer so if you're ever wondering where a Sim has ventured off to, it is most likely the manager's office!
    5sXtTqH.png