Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Guru reply LINKING THREAD-Petition to regress to the old fonts. Mods please do not move or merge

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    I don't personally mind the new font, but if it's bothering other people, I'm all for it to go.

So that's a sign, right?

Yes.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    you guy's are confusing the guru's now...STAP IT!!! ;)
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Simguru replied on the official petition
    Hello everyone!

Thank you for your feedback on the new font we have started using this week. As you can tell, we are trying to make this forum as useful as possible for as many people as possible. We had received feedback prior to this that the old font and the old background were too forceful and bright, and were giving people headaches. That's why we changed it. So, I guess the question here is how can we reach a great solution, where the people who hated the old look and the people who hate the new look are both happy?

Help!

SimGuruBChick

So the old font was too forceful and bright so they made the font skinnier so it would be harder to read and we would see more of the bright white background??
    Makes sense, right? :P

Only an EA scholar could have developed such a fool proof plan...
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    the font doesn't bother me, but to be honest I don't even remember the previous font x) I'm not here often enough clearly.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    the font doesn't bother me, but to be honest I don't even remember the previous font x) I'm not here often enough clearly.

This is how it used to look
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    I'm sure they wouldn't, but if they had better forum software, the font could be changed according to what each user would like.. same with backgrounds.

I know migrating software from one to another is a huge pain and offers a big potential for data loss... so it's probably not exactly on the top of the list of things to do.... but in the long run it would be better, IMO.

• Options
    RacerX780 wrote: »
    I'm sure they wouldn't, but if they had better forum software, the font could be changed according to what each user would like.. same with backgrounds.

I know migrating software from one to another is a huge pain and offers a big potential for data loss... so it's probably not exactly on the top of the list of things to do.... but in the long run it would be better, IMO.

I'd be happy if they thicken and darken this text a bit.
  • Options
    Kobi_MeisterKobi_Meister Posts: 30 Member
    Signed
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Thicken text darken a bit and tone down the blinding green perhaps....yeah the green was always too bright.
    The 80's called they want their color scheme back.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Hello everyone!

Thank you for your feedback on the new font we have started using this week. As you can tell, we are trying to make this forum as useful as possible for as many people as possible. We had received feedback prior to this that the old font and the old background were too forceful and bright, and were giving people headaches. That's why we changed it. So, I guess the question here is how can we reach a great solution, where the people who hated the old look and the people who hate the new look are both happy?

Help!

SimGuruBChick
    I wasn’t too keen on the original font in the beginning, but didn’t complain because it didn’t cause me any real issues. This one does; I feel a lot more eye strain with this new font, and although zooming in a little is somewhat helpful for me, it’s not a perfect solution. The text would be easier to focus on if it wasn’t so thin and light.

As far as her mentioning the background, Idk about anyone else, but the white itself is less bright and headache-inducing to me than that eye-watering lime green on the margins, although I’ve gotten into the habit of minimizing my browser window so I can avoid that. I’ve also adjusted my monitor’s brightness and contrast settings to see if it would make a difference, but it doesn't work well with this new font.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I seriously didn't even realized they changed it. My eyes actually have been hurting from looking at it though. I thought I was just looking at the screen too long lol. I'll sign
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    Chris41279Chris41279 Posts: 247 Member
    edited October 2014
    Yea, I don't have great vision. This new font is making my eyes hurt having to read it. The letters are just too thin against the bright background.

SIGNED!
  • Options
    Mrtroll wrote: »
    I just got botox, and the font is giving me headaches.

Just in case- everyone please just ignore this person, thank you :P
  • Options
    New guru response :)
    Clik here
    Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I will talk with the Forum tech team and see if we can find a solution. I think we will stick with the slightly grey tinted background as we had so many complaints when it was bright white. But we will explore some font solutions and see if we can find something that works better on the new background.

On a personal note, I really couldn't stand the old bright white background as it gave me headaches and I find the new background less jarring. But, we are all different. Please bear with us as we work to resolve this.

SimGuruBChick
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Muted colors and bolder letter please.. **gives the puppy eyes**
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member

I saw that one early and they have been dealt with. ;)

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    blunote00 wrote: »

I saw that one early and they have been dealt with. ;)

Yeah, don't want to get the thread derailed and deleted :)
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Hopefully they fix it soon so that I don't have to resort to staying on my mobile device until its fixed.
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Hopefully they fix it soon so that I don't have to resort to staying on my mobile device until its fixed.

I'm glad the acknowledged the problem.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    Signed