Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Thank you, @MsPhy - I'll check those out!
    Be warned, I have the first mod (geneaology one) and I still have lost two of my 7 or 8 ghosts.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Megg87 wrote: »
    Thank you, @MsPhy - I'll check those out!
    Be warned, I have the first mod (geneaology one) and I still have lost two of my 7 or 8 ghosts.

If your population exceeds 180, your ghosts are not safe even if you have the mod.
  • Kiingyy23Kiingyy23 Posts: 326 Member
    I'm blonde.... and having a couple of blonde moments. But how do you know when your population exceeds? Also I thought ghosts counted towards it aswell so wont it be hard keeping track?
  • MissBizbokMissBizbok Posts: 28 New Member
    www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535402

@Crystal_ice13 This shows you how to check population. I think it only goes to 180.
    So when It gets too high I have to go on a murder spree?? Hehehehe :D
    I don't really see a solution yet. I know that ghosts take up population too so, you'd have to remove the ghosts also. I hope there are better solutions when my founder's sim spouse passes. I have plans on letting him back in the household for a little bit. I don't want him deleted.
    121. Not bad I guess :P Looks like i'll be holding off that killing spree for a little while.
    121. Not bad I guess :P Looks like i'll be holding off that killing spree for a little while.

Don't kill them. The dead count as population. Delete your homeless elders before they die.
    haha good tip :D I can do that :D
    :O *Runs off to delete elders*
    Will releasing spirits into the netherworld help the population go down. Obvs not my own ghosties but just out of interest :)
    Wow. Down to 97 now. Lots of old people, good job you told me to get rid of them when you did. Thanks! xx
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I want a mod that lets you change the population limit. 180 is way too limiting for generational players.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    Will releasing spirits into the netherworld help the population go down. Obvs not my own ghosties but just out of interest :)

On that, I'm not sure. Since it counts the dead who don't have tombstones/urns, I'm not sure what effect releasing would have.
    I want a mod that lets you change the population limit. 180 is way too limiting for generational players.

A couple of modders have been working on it, but apparently it is a difficult thing to tweak.
  • mjh4025mjh4025 Posts: 26 Member
    My ghosts are gone from the family graveyard. Their tombstones do not even have their names. Ugh
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Sorry, mjh :( I feel your pain.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    MissBizbok wrote: »
    www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535402 <br />
    <br />
    @Crystal_ice13 This shows you how to check population. I think it only goes to 180.

I thought about getting this but it's pointless. I know I've been over 180 for several generations since the game quit making unplayed not in this world townies loooong ago!

• stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,512 Member
    Last Chapter of Gen 4, Chapter 8
  • msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    I started a Legacy Let's Play on my YouTube Channel. TinaLovesSims I currently only have two episodes, but I plan to record the next episode tonight or tomorrow.

• Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    The Legacy Challenge has been updated to 1.00! Now with rulings for Ghost Sims.
    Check it out here: simslegacychallenge.com/legacy-challenge-rules-update-1-00/http://
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
    edited October 2014
    @Pinstar1161 The link doesn't work but that's because the link you posted has http:// on the end. Still it's easy enough to find regardless, unless someone is incredibly thick xD xxx
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    I just noticed that the updated scoring no longer says we have to keep career rewards in inventory. You have no idea how happy this makes me. I can never find anything in my family inventory because of all the junk I have in there.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @Roane, I wasn't following those instructions anyway, OOPS. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    @Megg87 -- Just like how I aged up a townie and then realized that might not be allowed and went back to check the rules? (Totally okay.) Sometimes I just get so into playing that I forget there are rules I'm supposed to be following.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top