Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    > @Rostri-Jodu said:
    > Lebanna wrote: »
    >
    > Just answering a few quick answers :)
    > celdys0n wrote: »
    >
    > karababy52 if you don't want to bulldoze and you are worried about the depreciation, then try evicting your Sims in manage world and then go into building. Just know that bulldozing is not a bad thing, it can only be built better because you'll know what to look for now.
    >
    > I too want to see the results from challenge one in the other categories.
    >
    >
    >
    > Working on it! But I just started my fulltime job 3 weeks ago, So I'm trying to fit it all in. Have written a fast majority of the feedback, but haven't picked a winner yet. I hope to have it up at the latest Tuesday/Wednesday.
    > I really want to say thank you all for you patience! And I will post them up as soon as I can :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > *nudgenudge* *pokepoke* *runsaway*

LOL!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    KelSimmie wrote: »
    ahholladay wrote: »
    I would find it a very good solution if they bring out another program to add recolors ourselves, outside of the game. And then be able to share them through the gallery! It would be (almost) even better than CASt this way.

I agree, @DieterPrivate! I'm thinking something like the CAS demo was before the game was released -- a super-easy to use, separate program that you open and do your designing and then either save to your library for use in your own game, or share to the gallery from right there in the program. Have the main screen be a 3-walled room so that you can fill it with furniture, lighting, decor and put down flooring and wall coverings, etc. and then come up with your color scheme and style. For people with older, slower computers, running this one smaller program might be more manageable than Sims 3 was with CASt open.

If people started saving a bunch of re-colored objects/materials, it would probably bog down their buy/build mode, I guess. I play Sims 3 on a 3 year old laptop (a gaming laptop) and CASt works fine for me. But what does take forever is loading all the clothes, and I don't even have any CC clothes (and I don't save my recolors). After all the expansion packs, stuff packs, and store content, it takes a really long time to load clothes. It helps to filter them to just one thing at a time, like just base game items, or whatever, but the problem is, I can't choose a filter until after I've already waited forever for the stuff to finish (or almost finish) loading. :/ So what I'd like to see with Sims 4 if they do come up with a separate CASt program is give people the option to turn off seeing all the recolors in buy/build mode before they go into buy/build mode. Either a checky box within Live Mode or maybe even just from the game options menu.

Oooooohhhh I like that idea!!! That would be so awesome!!! =) And I totally agree with everything @ahholladay said! I remember how long CASt took to load, especially if that pattern set had a lot of patterns to it (ie wood, masonry, fabric, etc...).

That gets me to thinking... maybe that's why my game always took sooooo soooooooooo long to load... I had every single expansion pack and stuff pack there was... and I did save a lot of my re-colors/patterns... hrm...

Another suggestion would be to be able to mark the re-colors/patterns as favorites and be able to load only your favorites, which would be the things you work with most. And maybe have different favorites lists - clothing, furniture, walls, floors, windows, rugs, etc... and be able to choose which favorites list(s) you want to load before going into it.

But, yes, I would totally love an independent re-color/pattern app! That would just excite me to no end!!! LOL =)

Or maybe only loading the custom recolors once you open the seperate 'menu' in-game? That way, only recolors from one object will be loaded at a time....

• Kulthero777Kulthero777 Posts: 1,027 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 3
    FORUM ID: Kulthero777
    ORIGIN ID: Kulthero777
    SIM: Olsen
    LOT: Classic Colonial
    ROOM: Handyman's Workshop & Workshop Bath
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_VKC5trH8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVQEfNNnr1o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RINM5MKgPv8
    ENTRY DETAILS: Don & Judy Olsen are a middle aged couple from New England who have been married for several years. Don wishes to become a painter extraordinaire and Judy wants a big happy family. They are about to venture into a new chapter of their lives by purchasing a new custom home. I have created a classic Colonial style residence with large rooms and plenty of space for their growing family. Downstairs features a formal dining room, family living room with fireplace, large kitchen with bar, office, workshop/hobby room, powder room and large master suite with attached bath and walk in closet. The upstairs features a balcony, four bedrooms and two full baths. Exterior features include a flower lined front walkway, trees & hedges/bushes, lots of green space for the kids to run around, covered front & back porches and a partially enclosed backyard patio. Available separately are the Handyman's Workshop & Workshop Bath which features a workstation, boombox, easel, bar, kid's craft station, storage & display tables and various decorative objects. The bathroom includes a shower, sink, mirror, toilet & decor.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc used.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Or maybe only loading the custom recolors once you open the seperate 'menu' in-game? That way, only recolors from one object will be loaded at a time....

Very true, @DieterPrivate. The new way of choosing an alternate color for an item should cut down on that load time, I forgot about that. Well, that settles it then, a separate CASt program would be perfect. :)

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    Hi guys, I've just finished my house: lot price & building costs 99k. Now i have to make the Olsens and take some pics, so my official entry probably comes tomorrow night Central Europe Time. All entries so far are great, they gave me the inspiriation for my bestest house yet :p :D
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    > @ahholladay said
    >
    > Very true, DieterPrivate. The new way of choosing an alternate color for an item should cut down on that load time, I forgot about that. Well, that settles it then, a separate CASt program would be perfect. :)

But are the gurus here to listen? Sigh...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    > @ahholladay said<br />
    > <br />
    > Very true, DieterPrivate. The new way of choosing an alternate color for an item should cut down on that load time, I forgot about that. Well, that settles it then, a separate CASt program would be perfect. :)<br />
    <br />
    But are the gurus here to listen? Sigh...

Yes, the Gurus visit here sometimes. =)

I love all of the ideas for a separate CASt program! I would really really love it if something like this could be developed! =) And I'm sure there are a ton more that would love the ability!

Oh, hey... the TS3 Create A Pattern program... it could be something like that! =) Then it would just be a matter of getting it into the game! =)

Oh to dream...

On another note, I finished my build last night. I finally got it just under the 100k... really had to dig deep... I had originally had it at 130k... I just hope it will be acceptable. Might have to do a few tweaks still... but very close to being done. Just have the Olsen's, Don and Judy, to make! =) I've found that the more challenges I do, the quicker I get at building as I learn the new set of tools! =) Thanks, Build n Share!!! =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    On another note, I finished my build last night....Might have to do a few tweaks still... but very close to being done.

I'm starting to feel like a slacker! :D I'm working on it, but so many people have finished already... I'm getting nervous, lol. I still have to make the Olsens, too, @KelSimmie. Haven't even started them and I usually start the challenge by making the sim. Maybe I should take a break from trying to decorate (cheaply!) and work on them... :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
    ahholladay wrote: »
    On another note, I finished my build last night....Might have to do a few tweaks still... but very close to being done.

I'm starting to feel like a slacker! :D I'm working on it, but so many people have finished already... I'm getting nervous, lol. I still have to make the Olsens, too, @KelSimmie. Haven't even started them and I usually start the challenge by making the sim. Maybe I should take a break from trying to decorate (cheaply!) and work on them... :)

I usually made the Sims first too, @ahholladay! So, this is a bit different for me in doing the build first. But, after the suggestions to avoid depreciation, I decided to just use the manage worlds to make the build first.

You aren't the only one nervous. I'm not sure I mastered the Modern look, especially upstairs... The first floor I really like, but upstairs I'm worried about. It may just be my mind can't reconcile having a Colonial outside, but Modern inside. So, I might still have a few tweaks to do.
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited October 2014
    I've been nudged, poked and asked nicely,

Here are the Starting results for challenge #!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12825475/#Comment_12825475

Experts are coming! but all of you make it so hard for us! (Which is good!)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    Hey, I made a comment on the wrong page. Meant to do that here. Please feel free to delete it. I don't know how! :|
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Hey, I made a comment on the wrong page. Meant to do that here. Please feel free to delete it. I don't know how! :|

Don't worry about it :) We can't delete posts either. If you want to 'delete' something. You can go to the gear icon on the upper right corner of your post click it, choose edit and edit your post :) You could write: "Oops, wrong place! Deleting comment"

• superwholockiansuperwholockian Posts: 11 New Member
    All the houses are looking great so far, awesome job you guys! I wish I had time to try my hand at this challenge, too, but I don't think I'll even have time to do the room challenge :P October's a busy month for me, and I'll be doing NaNoWriMo in November, so I'll likely miss out on the next few challenges. But I love seeing what you guys create! I'll definitely be checking in to see what else y'all come up with. :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've pretty much finished the exterior, landscaping, entry, livingroom, half-bath + another bathroom, dining room, kitchen and Don's workshop. All I have left is the two bedrooms and another bathroom. I only have $20,000 left to make those though. This really IS a challenge using only $100,000. o.O Determined to make it work though! All the entries submitted so far look fabulous! :)
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Lebanna wrote: »
    I've been nudged, poked and asked nicely,

Here are the Starting results for challenge #!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12825475/#Comment_12825475

Experts are coming! but all of you make it so hard for us! (Which is good!)

Congrats to everyone! Nicely done. Great feedback, too.
  • LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    edited October 2014
    Congrats to the winners in the starters category!!! And thank you very much Lebanna, for your feedback and the time you've devoted to this challenge!
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    edited October 2014
    @Lebanna @BuildnShare I was supposed to be in the starters category and I don't see my name on the list
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Sims 4 Build-n-Share Challenge 2

Sim Challenge
    Make Don and Judy, Don's Aspiration is perfectionist and Judy is active, the rest as they say, is up to you.

Just a quick point of clarification - perfectionist and active are traits, not aspirations. I'm assuming that is what you meant and that we can make their aspirations whatever we wish, correct?

Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @Lebanna @BuildnShare I was supposed to be in the starters category and I don't see my name on the list

You were?! Gosh, I'm such a mess. I'm sorry hon, I will fix that right away!

Love your use of color, @asphyxiatedoll!!! I will have to follow you! B)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

You were?! Gosh, I'm such a mess. I'm sorry hon, I will fix that right away!

I thought I was supposed to be in the first challenge as well. I thought I got my entry posted in time. I think it got lost in the shuffle because I posted the entry in my original post instead of a new one. No biggie though. I really just wanted feedback on how I did...

I'm definitely in #2 and as long as my tweaks don't take too long and I get my build finished, #3.

I'm re-doing the 2nd floor. I wanted a bigger and better woodshop for Don and a bigger master bedroom/bathroom suite... So, there was some deconstruction and reversing the placement of rooms... And trying to make the rooms fit with the window placements, because there can't be any compromise with the windows, they have to be where they are for the look on the outside to be "right". Oiy! What a mess! LOL It's coming together though! =) When I finish, I'll then have to go through and see what I can cut to make the budget... There are some things I won't compromise on... such a struggle! But, a good one! I want this place to be perfect for a lifetime for Don and Judy! =) (Yeah, there goes my perfectionist trait! LOL)
    @KelSimmie, let me search for you in our big book of wisdom ;) Haha we are still getting used to doing 2 challenges at the time (sims 3 and 4) And all these new people, and familiar people, and new game! I'm sure you are in the big book of wisdom, but as you may have noticed, I'm a bit of a mess haha. I will find you, and write you feedback and let you know when I have it posted. I am now working on Expert so I can post it as soon as possible. I feel like such a slacker. But I'm so glad you guys aren't ready with flaming torches and pitchforks just yet :)
    I just love this community for that.

Anyways, working on it! You are on my to-do list now :)

Expert results are here for Challenge #1

Congratulations to all of you!

@KelSimmie, let me search for you in our big book of wisdom ;) Haha we are still getting used to doing 2 challenges at the time (sims 3 and 4) And all these new people, and familiar people, and new game! I'm sure you are in the big book of wisdom, but as you may have noticed, I'm a bit of a mess haha. I will find you, and write you feedback and let you know when I have it posted. I am now working on Expert so I can post it as soon as possible. I feel like such a slacker. But I'm so glad you guys aren't ready with flaming torches and pitchforks just yet :)
    I just love this community for that.

Anyways, working on it! You are on my to-do list now :)

Nah... no need for the torches and pitchforks... if anyone can understand just how crazy life can get, it's me! LOL I never know from one day to the next how I'm going to be feeling.

I finished the house this afternoon and then took an all night break... LOL Caught up on my shows on the DVR that have sat there forever... LOL Tomorrow I will make Don and Judy and playtest the house to make sure everything works and is accessible. I already uploaded it to the gallery! =)

Oh, and I've had 8 people download my balcony from the 2nd challenge... I can't tell you how cool that is and how great that makes me feel!!! =)

Anyways, no worries hun! I understand life happens. Make sure to get some rest and get some play time in for yourself! =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top