Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    @Kal_T0rak thanks I totally overlooked that.
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    katoregama wrote: »

SCORING
    - 1 for every day that passes, excluding day 1.
    - 10 for every time the social need reaches critical.
    - 10 every time utilities are shut off from unpaid bills.
    +10 for every skill that reaches level 10.
    +5 for ANY Aspiration Stage you complete.***

***You cannot complete any aspirations requiring you to leave home or make friends. So you will not be able to complete many aspirations in full. That is why it is +5 for every stage, making it +20 for every aspiration fully completed

I think the scoring needs to be reworked because lets face it, its unlikely you will complete this in a normal sim lifetime, so any final score is going to be a large minus figure. You need to start out with a positive score of say 100 to give you any kind of chance of ending up with a positive figure at the final score if you are deducting 1 point for each passing day. I do think that deducting points for each day is a good idea, but you want to try to avoid a negative final score. Alternatively you could deduct 1 point for each passing week.
    Also im not sure how this works without a door to go outside, can you clarify?

3. Access to a mailbox is allowed, but only if it is in a location within the acceptable confines of your 8 x 8 room.
    4. The above is possible by having a corner of the room outside, but fenced off. The mailman won't be able to use the postbox, but you can!
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member

SCORING

***You cannot complete any aspirations requiring you to leave home or make friends. So you will not be able to complete many aspirations in full. That is why it is +5 for every stage, making it +20 for every aspiration fully completed

I think the scoring needs to be reworked because lets face it, its unlikely you will complete this in a normal sim lifetime, so any final score is going to be a large minus figure. You need to start out with a positive score of say 100 to give you any kind of chance of ending up with a positive figure at the final score if you are deducting 1 point for each passing day. I do think that deducting points for each day is a good idea, but you want to try to avoid a negative final score. Alternatively you could deduct 1 point for each passing week.

Right! I fixed that. You START with a score of 100, and it's -1 every day. As for the mailbox, here is how that works.
    EXAMPLES: 12

I uploaded this Mailbox type room under my gallery with #theroomchallenge in case you just want to copy it in. Shouldn't be too hard to build though.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
    edited October 2014
    Ok ive gone ahead and set my sim up here is the.... errr........ victim happy sim, Marie Bain (she looks a bit worried)

mariebain_zps1338e7d5.jpg

Initial aspiration is painter as its a good one to get some money rolling in and keep fun up.

Traits are
    Creative
    Non Committal (well, she isn't EXACTLY going to be meeting her soulmate anytime soon)
    Art lover

Here is the house , I sacrificed some the precious living space to enable use of the mailbox as I will need it for future reference, not just for paying bills. Also had to have a door to access it, but it is enclosed as suggested. I hope this is the setup envisioned by the OP.

10-10-14_1-25nbspPM_zps9adefbfe.png

10-10-14_1-26nbspPM_zps8f3a2c40.png

Opposite view of the house with a clearer view of the layout. After starting her first painting she has $4971 left.

10-10-14_1-40nbspPM_zpsfc4b3f95.png
    edited October 2014
    You're doing much better than I am already. I had like $300 left after building it all!

Your sim is incredibly beautiful! It's a shame she'll never get to meet people! XD
    Maybe oneday when she is a mansion baron and is allowed out the house lol

I just love this cute little tv!

penguintv_zpsb9182e8c.jpg

SCORING

Right! I fixed that. You START with a score of 100, and it's -1 every day. As for the mailbox, here is how that works.
    EXAMPLES: 12

I uploaded this Mailbox type room under my gallery with #theroomchallenge in case you just want to copy it in. Shouldn't be too hard to build though.

Thanks! I think it makes more sense to start with a positive score, and it looks as tho0ugh my layout is correct too. Im keeping a spreadsheet of all my critical info and updating for each day that passes.
    The hardest part of this at the start is keeping social up, but its interesting that playing this way makes you try out new things. like penpals for instance. I was begging to think I made a mistake by putting in so many plants when my first aspiration is painter, but now I can see that I really need to get my gardening skill up, so I can start talking to my plants!
    Yeah, I kinda took the constant string of visitors for granted until I realized they're an ideal way to keep the social meter up.

I need to make one more small rule edit just to clarify. You can only play one sim, not two. Having two would defeat the purpose of the challenge.
  • DaemongrinDaemongrin Posts: 60 Member
    edited October 2014
    Question - Does it have to be an 8 x 8? What about a max size based on grid squares being 64 which is how many are in an 8 x 8. It would allow more creative shack design among the people wanting to take on the challenge instead of everyone living inside cubes.
    edited October 2014
    Daemongrin wrote: »
    Question - Does it have to be an 8 x 8? What about a max size based on grid squares being 64 which is how many are in an 8 x 8. It would allow more creative shack design among the people wanting to take on the challenge instead of everyone living inside cubes.

I think that would be fine. I'm not the Challenge Police, so if you want to do it a bit differently that's cool. XD Just y'know, keep it small so the amount of items you can have is limited.

And again, you most likely will have to build house extensions you'll never visit to get the Mansion Baron achievement. 25 paintings and 30 windows is unlikely to work in my current setup.
    I like the 8x8 start and as you say katoregama, you will have to build outside of that in any case, so you could easily construct a very nice house even while your sim still lives in the 8x8 confine.
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    OMG I am SO doing this when I get home!
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
    Look! I have mail, I knew it was worth sacrificing some inside space for the mail box!

getmail_zps361e6614.jpg
    haha small things make me very happy in this new world lol
    I actually like the idea of this challenge but I don't do challenges per se. I don't bother with points (I get caught up in points to easily) but stick to the concept. The shack I built is a 10 x 6 which is smaller not by much I just wanted a japanese style house and the roof looked like a wizard hat at 8 x 8 lol. Smaller still by the fact I raised the foundation roomed off a 2x2 corner and deleted the floor inside it and then the inside walls. Added a small set of stairs and put the mailbox inside the house. He has insane, music lover and perfectionist traits and went with what I bet nearly almost everyone else did, the painting aspiration. Kinda funny seeing the flag pop up when its locked inside me shack lol.
    Ha! and a message from the mailman

mailmessage_zps7dbc653f.jpg
    If anyone wants to be EVIL to their Sim, give them the Loves the Outdoors trait. XD

Or even worse, do the mailbox corner, but make the fence a low brick wall. Freedom lies beyond a small barrier they can never step over.

You could probably even just make the entire thing a fenced off area. That's a good question though. Can sims talk to each other if that low fence is in between them? If so, we'll have to mention that you can't use it. At the end of the challenge your friends list should be empty.
    I actually like the idea of this challenge but I don't do challenges per se. I don't bother with points (I get caught up in points to easily) but stick to the concept. The shack I built is a 10 x 6 which is smaller not by much I just wanted a japanese style house and the roof looked like a wizard hat at 8 x 8 lol. Smaller still by the fact I raised the foundation roomed off a 2x2 corner and deleted the floor inside it and then the inside walls. Added a small set of stairs and put the mailbox inside the house. He has insane, music lover and perfectionist traits and went with what I bet nearly almost everyone else did, the painting aspiration. Kinda funny seeing the flag pop up when its locked inside me shack lol.

Painting's a good way to start. I also find using that Giant Microscope will churn out some good money from prints. You can also write books or do programming. Writing may be ideal since the royalties will stack.
    Can't show my images yet but you can check out these links. He keeps pretty happy.

i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-10-14_11-51nbspAM.png

i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-10-14_11-52nbspAM.png

i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-10-14_11-53nbspAM-2.png

i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/10-10-14_11-53nbspAM.png
    His house is great! Once it's all fleshed out at then end, I'd love to see it. Actually all of these houses and Sims I'd love to have in my game once they've endured their trials.
    > @katoregama said:
    > Daemongrin wrote: »
    >
    > I actually like the idea of this challenge but I don't do challenges per se. I don't bother with points (I get caught up in points to easily) but stick to the concept. The shack I built is a 10 x 6 which is smaller not by much I just wanted a japanese style house and the roof looked like a wizard hat at 8 x 8 lol. Smaller still by the fact I raised the foundation roomed off a 2x2 corner and deleted the floor inside it and then the inside walls. Added a small set of stairs and put the mailbox inside the house. He has insane, music lover and perfectionist traits and went with what I bet nearly almost everyone else did, the painting aspiration. Kinda funny seeing the flag pop up when its locked inside me shack lol.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Painting's a good way to start. I also find using that Giant Microscope will churn out some good money from prints. You can also write books or do programming. Writing may be ideal since the royalties will stack.

Yup, but painting is the fastest aspiration to knock out for people wanting to get points to buy savant or w/e extra traits like the never sleeping one (which I hate and consider god mode rofl). Didn't think about the microscope.
    > @katoregama said:
    > His house is great! Once it's all fleshed out at then end, I'd love to see it. Actually all of these houses and Sims I'd love to have in my game once they've endured their trials.

Thanks! I went with the largest lot over the smallest. Built it in the back right corner. He is spending everyday in the shack per the challenge until baron is done which I am building out of view. I went with the largest lot for more challenge since I don't do points XD.
    > @katoregama said:<br />
    > His house is great! Once it's all fleshed out at then end, I'd love to see it. Actually all of these houses and Sims I'd love to have in my game once they've endured their trials.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks! I went with the largest lot over the smallest. Built it in the back right corner. He is spending everyday in the shack per the challenge until baron is done which I am building out of view. I went with the largest lot for more challenge since I don't do points XD.

Definitely. And since you're building a house the whole challenge, one step at a time, might as well make it a house you like, and can use later or share to the gallery.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top