Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Pack Survey? NOW INCLUDES SCREENSHOTS

Comments

• InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    -_- With the exception of Supernatural, I'm fairly disinterested in all of that stuff. I was hoping for something a lot more fresh, but mostly seems to be talking about things that are pretty similar to things that have already been done.

Personally I'd like expansions based around things like an alien invasion with droids, plumbots and alien races, classic fairy tales where you can climb a beanstalk or rescue a dragon, zoos/safari/wildlife adventures, steampunk/victorian/wild west adventures, working farm management with a full range of farm animals...haha I guess I just like fantasy stuff the most. ;-)

Love these ideas. They sound like a lot of fun. I'm also a fantasy fan XD
  • katgagenkatgagen Posts: 76 Member
    -_- With the exception of Supernatural, I'm fairly disinterested in all of that stuff. I was hoping for something a lot more fresh, but mostly seems to be talking about things that are pretty similar to things that have already been done.

Personally I'd like expansions based around things like an alien invasion with droids, plumbots and alien races, classic fairy tales where you can climb a beanstalk or rescue a dragon, zoos/safari/wildlife adventures, steampunk/victorian/wild west adventures, working farm management with a full range of farm animals...haha I guess I just like fantasy stuff the most. ;-)
    With the survey I'm sure with supernatural that they will implement some of your ideas I did also mention in extra features that i would like to see is the same alien invasions, also as a scientist to explore the galaxy for planets and once an alien planet has been discovered that then maybe they should make that galaxy playable I did implement some of my ideas similar to yours in the extra features. I'm sure they wont let us down but I'm also sure we will all find out soon :)

edited October 2014
    I also implemented possibility of mediums and psychics and with that as well joined with the fame and fortune director career that paranormal tv shows could well be made :) just ideas though but i did mention somewhat about the supernatural element and careers as well as the fame and fortune that this will maybe be a possibility what with all the info they have given in the survey :). I've also come up with the notion in why it would explain that with cheats as it stands now that plumbobs cant be removed but if they bring out fame and fortune there is a possibility we could see plumbobs disappearing while our sims are directing films to showcase on the gallery I am excited for all of this but unfortunately it is just a waiting game, and I have a funny feeling to start all these possibility's of I think they will probably release Business owner ep first
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    katgagen wrote: »

With the survey I'm sure with supernatural that they will implement some of your ideas I did also mention in extra features that i would like to see is the same alien invasions, also as a scientist to explore the galaxy for planets and once an alien planet has been discovered that then maybe they should make that galaxy playable I did implement some of my ideas similar to yours in the extra features. I'm sure they wont let us down but I'm also sure we will all find out soon :)

What like a outer space EP?

And I don't know if any of you have noticed but in some of their little movie clips of sims 4 there is no plumbobs in most of them, which says to me with the survey and what nots that they have possibly already made some of these ep's otherwise it would be a waste of their time sending these surveys out to millions of simmers just for the sake of a general survey :)
    I love most of the ideas specially the OFB theme, hospital, careers and the mayor.
    The least I like is Supernatural. I don't think it is required at this stage.

However, I don't think any of these will be the first EP.
    I have a strong gut feeling the first EP will be generation.

As you can see 3 important EPs were not mentioned because they will be made anyways. They know these are most popular and do not need to ask if we want them. They will definitely return:
    1- generations
    2- seasons
    3- pets
    but also they could be moving towards dlc from origin for these important eps which would explain also why they haven't been mentioned, I am excited for the future of the sims 4 I agree with you on a lot of things :)
    I would love Supernatural to play out my elemental Sim ideas and I would love to see my Sims at work in their careers
    If you look on the gallery the sims maxis have made they have made the four elements already which means the supernatural elements could well be a possibility either that or their teasing us lol :)
    Cynel1 wrote: »

yes similar but they would have to implement that into supernatural ep I would have thought :)

• ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    I really want the careers ep! And maybe supernatural as I never had that for Sims 3. Makes me sad there was no offer of a Generations or Pets ep though :( would also like a vacation ep and some completely new and exciting expansions like space travel!

Probably because we will get Pets, Generations and Seasons without a doubt ;)
    I KNOW they will make those ep's! And I think we will get either 1. Generations, 2. Magic University, 3. Vacations/Adventures or 4. An original EP as the first EP! :)
    But I hope we will get revamped versions of University and Freetime later too...
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I really want the careers ep! And maybe supernatural as I never had that for Sims 3. Makes me sad there was no offer of a Generations or Pets ep though :( would also like a vacation ep and some completely new and exciting expansions like space travel!

Probably because we will get Pets, Generations and Seasons without a doubt ;)
    I KNOW they will make those ep's! And I think we will get either 1. Generations, 2. Magic University, 3. Vacations/Adventures or 4. An original EP as the first EP! :)
    But I hope we will get revamped versions of University and Freetime later too...
    I agree with you :)
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member

yes similar but they would have to implement that into supernatural ep I would have thought :)

Well with sims 4 having a rocket and astronaut career in the base game it would be easy to make them expandable.
  • Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    I haven't received on yet. I'm glad they are asking our opinion though. Hopefully we all get one that way we all can help pick the first expansion pack!:) then there would be less complaining! LoL;)
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Can you post the email or a page where can see it?
    I cant follow the thread as you guys are talking about how like or no the ideas and what about them would or not include, but no post what exactly EA asked
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I don't get surveys, I guess I am too old to form an opinion. I don't know what's in it but if a Family EP is not included, guess this will be the end of my purchases for Sims 4. I will stay with the base game this go around. :/
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.

Well with sims 4 having a rocket and astronaut career in the base game it would be easy to make them expandable.
    Exactly ;)

edited October 2014
    I cant link on here so guess its down to google search :)
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I did not, but I did see a post about it in groups.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
    it wont let me do it so only other way is as ive said before is look up Honeywell's Sims 4 News search google for it ,only other way round it i think
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    If somebody says Maxis doesn't listen to their fans AT ALL, then it would be better to be quiet. This is just amazing. There are so many ideas in this survey. Adding the old classic features (maybe with some tweaks) with new, original content, would be amazing. This is how The Sims 4' s expansion model should always be. Exciting.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    it wont let me do it so only other way is as ive said before is look up Honeywell's Sims 4 News search google for it ,only other way round it i think

Honeywell's blog is one of those no-no links EA don't like. Nope, you can't link her site on here. That's a shame but I guess EA has to pacify their Yibbers first.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    ok, I also found a spanish site where they post it.... at my native language
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited October 2014
    Rinilex wrote: »
    I wonder if they're in the middle of making one right now, and these are for future ideas? Or if this is going to help decide the first one?

This is what I was thinking. I have a feeling that maybe there are some ideas that they consider a given, such as Pets, Seasons and family-related EPs. The survey might be ideas beyond these concepts. As for the survey I love the ideas for Town Life, Business Owner, City Living, Active careers-these are at the top of my list.
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited October 2014
    I didn't get the survey, but I'm most interested in the town/city life packs and the career packs. I'm least interested in a Supernatural pack, since I play a bit realistically. Thanks for sharing the screenshots.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    We want ALLLLLLLLLLL the expansion packs! >:)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Did anyone else get a survey in their email this morning on expansion packs? It was different from the one back in March. I looked on SimsVIP and didn't see any mention of it (or I'm blind?) and a forum search revealed nothing. I took screenshots and I can upload them to imgur.

EDIT: Link to the screenshots I took: http://imgur.com/a/phzIc

I never recieved an email however I agree with Rinilex from the look of it they may have been listening to simmers as all of those expansion pack ideas sound great :D