Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Pack Survey? NOW INCLUDES SCREENSHOTS

Comments

• renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    To everyone saying that they're worried that pets-, seasons-, and university-style EPs weren't mentioned in the survey, I'm sure it's because those are probably going to be made without a second thought. ;) I mean, Sims without pets and weather? They'd never let that happen :P!
  • katgagenkatgagen Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2014
    I did receive one earlier I'm no sure about the wellness and fitness one I think that will probably be a tad boring, but the others sound interesting I like the thought of business owners ep, supernatural ep, city life ep, and fame and fortune ep, and I am also interested in the careers, I had to throw some ideas about though tbh which I think would probably make the eps more interesting. But no mention of Pets or Seasons :( which is disappointing. Guess it's just a waiting game and we'l find out soon about the first ep they decide to release :).
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I think town life and city life needs to be combined so we can get the ultimate max of new venues.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    katgagen wrote: »
    I did receive one earlier I'm no sure about the wellness and fitness one I think that will probably be a tad boring, but the others sound interesting I like the thought of business owners ep, supernatural ep, city life ep, and fame and fortune ep, and I am also interested in the careers, I had to throw some ideas about though tbh which I think would probably make the eps more interesting. But no mention of Pets or Seasons :( which is disappointing. Guess it's just a waiting game and we'l find out soon about the first ep they decide to release :).

Or a Vacation Ep either.
  • conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    I like the sound of all the ideas listed. Looking forward to what they come up with.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    supernatural and active career one interest me,

i love having the supernatural children. baby vamps <3
    fricking maid career o.0 im staying way from don :P (*sims 2 reference*)
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Supernatural is all well and good, but it seems to me that they should get the natural up to par first.

If it were my choice I'd go with the town life one first. It sounds the most like "the other half of the base game", which this desperately needs.
  • PlyrKttyKtKrnchPlyrKttyKtKrnch Posts: 61 Member
    I didn't get it but I like the sounds of the active careers and business owner they're my top two! The others are good but they're a bit like, been there, done that like I want at least at the start a super cool new expansion pack or one we haven't seen in a while (business!!). Supernatural, fame and fortune, and city living are good and I'd probably buy them but I don't need those features straight away.

Health and wellness seems interesting and new but from the list of features in that survey they mentioned, I don't think it's worth a whole new expansion pack you'd have to add more or pair it with something else (vacation maybe or make a health spa thing with the business one).

I have a lot of feelings and opinions on this lol wish I got the survey.
  • ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    I loved the careers, the business and even the supernatural, but for me fortune and fame and city life is so boring, they don't add much to my gameplay style.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2014
    I really want the careers ep! And maybe supernatural as I never had that for Sims 3. Makes me sad there was no offer of a Generations or Pets ep though :( would also like a vacation ep and some completely new and exciting expansions like space travel!
  • xxVaynVastxxxxVaynVastxx Posts: 157 Member
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つSupernatural EP or Riot!༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I really love these surveys because in the end it gives us so many clues on what to expect in the future. The themes they've listed sound like they would be amazing additions to the game if implemented properly. (I'm talking about you apartments!)
  • ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    edited October 2014
    Of course they didn't include pets because we all know it's going to happen.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    The Town Life one interests me. I made up a big post on why I felt Town Life should have been an EP theme instead of a stuff pack theme in TS3.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/399835.page

I still want my bookworms and writers to meet with a group of friends for scones and latte's as they poor over the latest book or manuscript.
    Screenshot-907.jpg

All of those sound good to me. I look forward to the EPs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    I agree with others that the health and wellness sound boring. While I would like some of the things listed for that in game, I wouldn't want a whole EP dedicated to it. I like the fame and fortune and town life one best. The active careers and business one sound fun also
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Health and wellness? YUCK! No thanks! There IS such a thing as too much reality!

And I would have been with more active careers with TS3 with the open world. I don't want to follow my sims to work if it means going through loading screens if I want to switch back to another sim.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I'd love to see the Business and Fame And Fortune one!
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I would love Supernatural to play out my elemental Sim ideas and I would love to see my Sims at work in their careers
  • sohfoxsohfox Posts: 255 Member
    I noticed there were no fairies talked about in super natural.... my dislike grows stronger...
    my art http://anenfairy.deviantart.com
    My favorite sims: TS3
  • anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    edited October 2014
    Most of them are good ideas but i prefer first to have an EP for generations later seasons and later the rest i was not a huge fan of pets in Ts3 after some weird animals :s so i guess i will skip that
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited October 2014
    I love most of the ideas specially the OFB theme, hospital, careers and the mayor.
    The least I like is Supernatural. I don't think it is required at this stage.

However, I don't think any of these will be the first EP.
    I have a strong gut feeling the first EP will be generation.

As you can see 3 important EPs were not mentioned because they will be made anyways. They know these are most popular and do not need to ask if we want them. They will definitely return:
    1- generations
    2- seasons
    3- pets
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    The hospital EP would be so nice and unique. Specially if we get a mini game like "theme hospital" game
    Hospital can be used for sims in so many ways:
    1- giving birth for females
    2- acne treatment for teens
    3- backache for elders
    4- chicken pox (toddlers- children)
    5- toothache for all sims
    6- cosmetic surgery
    7- vaccination
    8- surgeries

There are so many things that can be added to this theme, careers from: family doctor, nurse, surgeon, dentist, physiotherapist, lab technician, X-ray technician, clerks, janitors etc. so many branch of careers can be done under the medical and under one building that is the hospital. Would be nice if sims also can open their own clinic.

The more important thing is that the hospital to be functional and we get the choice of following our sims to their work.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • katgagenkatgagen Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2014
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    I loved the careers, the business and even the supernatural, but for me fortune and fame and city life is so boring, they don't add much to my gameplay style.
    the only reason I say about the fame and fortune and why it sounds interesting is because if you read the extra careers like the Director career it clearly states that you can direct your own film either action, adventure etc and that you can share the movies you make as a director to the gallery and have us all vote on our sims rise to fame with the movie that we make as a director, see where i'm going with this :D

katgagen wrote: »
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    the only reason I say about the fame and fortune and why it sounds interesting is because if you read the extra careers like the Director career it clearly states that you can direct your own film either action, adventure etc and that you can share the movies you make as a director to the gallery and have us all vote on our sims rise to fame with the movie that we make as a director, see where i'm going with this :D

I agree with you. People are comparing it to showtime while their idea for this sounds even better than Superstar to me. I liked superstar but this one with the show business careers sounds very much unique and good.

All the ideas they presented sound very nice and unique.
    giphy.gif
  • bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    -_- With the exception of Supernatural, I'm fairly disinterested in all of that stuff. I was hoping for something a lot more fresh, but mostly seems to be talking about things that are pretty similar to things that have already been done.

Personally I'd like expansions based around things like an alien invasion with droids, plumbots and alien races, classic fairy tales where you can climb a beanstalk or rescue a dragon, zoos/safari/wildlife adventures, steampunk/victorian/wild west adventures, working farm management with a full range of farm animals...haha I guess I just like fantasy stuff the most. ;-)