Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you decide what sort of Sim to CAS?

Discuss. Consider looks, fashion, career, traits/personality..

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited October 2014
    We at the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ do not agree with the sims 4.

troll-detected-radar-45b7.gif
    ---
    Anyway, it is hard to say to determining my Sims personalities, clothing, hair, etc. It all depends what style I give them.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Hi.

For me it depends on my mood. I usually make them very colorful and other things. :)
    :) Smile!

• vampirekimvampirekim Posts: 190 Member
    Well for me personally I first think of a storyline to create a Sim for. :) (A spunky artist hoping their work will be a hit, a nerdy Sim who wants nothing more than to become an astronaut, a mean looking Sim to become a criminal, etc) If I don't have a story, I find a lot of inspiration from the clothing or I create a Sim to fit a certain personality.
    giphy.gif
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    This will really be my first TS4 Sim. Am sort of thinking of doing a things-I-am-totally-not-in-real-life Sim. Like a hot headed, outgoing, life of the party and occasionally mean girl with red hair. Maybe slight criminal tendencies?
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    It's pretty much just whatever whim takes me, whatever pops into my head when I'm feeling like playing, I think. Well, I do tend to create Sims like some of my characters from various RPGs I've played. (I play and have played through the years a lot of pen & paper games, as well as e-mail and forum-based games. Fantasy, sci-fi, various rules sets.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I play one sim at a time, I like them to be pretty and young. I've been experimenting with kitsune? They look cat/fox like with ears. They are born rich, work on skills with an emphasis on collecting. I like them to be smart, creative and handy. I only play each one for a short time and try to reach whatever their aspiration is.

I have a hard time staying in the game, because I do get bored after awhile. I really like creating in CAS, so it is something I'd rather do sometimes than get into the game itself. I don't find building to be as satisfying anymore. This has been true for a very long time, even back in TS3. In short, this is a creative outlet for me since I can't paint anymore.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    As far as looks go unless I'm recreating a Sim from games past, then I don't specifically have a look in mind I'll just usually randomize a Sim and tweak one that I like the look of. Fashion is random as well, no specific look, just "this goes with that nicely" and that's it. Traits/personality depends on what kind of Sim I want to play or people who I know in my real life.

Short answer I sorta wing it.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited October 2014
    It depends on a lot of things .

1 am i making them for the world or me
    2 Am i making them to pair with one of my sims
    3 is it for a story
    4 my mood
    5 is it for a contest
    6 Am i doing for the pun of it
    7 am i making a stereotype

all these things are things i take into consideration when making a sim

and wow the mare is blocked ? are they afraid if you say the name 3 times they will appear or something?
  • PlyrKttyKtKrnchPlyrKttyKtKrnch Posts: 61 Member
    I always make a story for a sim usually based around a career. I basically never have sims who aren't in a career only if I'm doing a challenge so i usually think about what career they would have and what they would do in their spare time and make them around that.
    Also I always give sims a favourite colour even if you can't choose one in TS4 like you can in TS3 but I give them a colour and base their clothes around that.

Eg. the last sim I made was in the comedy entertainer career so I figured he would wear comfy but nice clothes since he would always be on stage... and he liked red so a lot of his outfits had red in them.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Usually I have a character concept in mind. Once I know I'm going to be creating, say, a meathead-type, it's easy to choose an appropriate wardrobe and suitable traits.
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    I always make flirty Sims. I have no idea why but I'm always about the social interactions in the game versus the whole building up skills and getting jobs.
    I see a pattern where I always a make a male Sim who is either very athletic or artistic and have him be with all the ladies he wants then settles down with someone.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited October 2014
    Usually I have a character concept in mind. Once I know I'm going to be creating, say, a meathead-type, it's easy to choose an appropriate wardrobe and suitable traits.
    I do this as well. Before I even jump in to CAS, I have already fleshed out my Sims on paper.

All of my original Sims are characters from some story I made, just adapted to Sims game.

muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited October 2014
    1.) They will always be wearing suits
    2.) Proper like a victorian gentleman
    3.) I also try to use celebrities and models as reference
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I use a trait and aspiration randomizer and then create a sim that I feel fits with the results :)
  • AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    I think about the lifestyle I want them to carry out, and base their appearances off of that. After all, your appearances are affected by your life. If you get teased a lot for your weight, you might wear loose clothes/sweaters a lot. If you are too lazy to do your hair (for a female), you'll probably have short hair or a pony tail. From there if I feel they look a little too generic I'll add freckles, beauty marks, tattoos, piercings... Little things that add to who they are.
  • DescantDescant Posts: 41 Member
    A lot of things can inspire the type of sim to make. Music I'm listening to, a character from a favorite book or show, cute pictures of animals. A "I can totally make this cat into a sim" type thing. I find inspiration and sort of let it flow into that character.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    cute pictures of animals. A "I can totally make this cat into a sim" type thing.

THUNDER , THUNDER THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOO
    Thundercats.ws-Site-Relaunch-928x200.jpg

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Great ideas. I sort of tried a few things in the event. I started with the randomiser button and a vauge idea I wanted a semi-punky redhead. Came across a Sim that just looked quite stunning to me. Had this long brown hair and these brown eyes. Looked like some Greek or Spanish beauty (somewhere in the Mediterranean). Wearing this perfect pale dress too. I dressed her up, named her Alyssa and gave her the botanical related aspiration with the cheerful (is that right?) neat and art lover traits.

THEN I made her roomate with a red mohawk, green eyes and much bolder fashion choices. Called her Danielle (so she can be Danni, perhaps). Music lover aspiration (something about the Mohawk just reminded me of Pink). Music lover, hot headed and ops can't remember the third trait. Thought they'd bond over creative type stuff but also get on each others nerves at times.
  • anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    I am recreating my old sim couple from TS3
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    A smart stereotypical half white half asian girl

An obese bald ex-spetsnaz

A loser

A loser's overpossessive wife

A hunk whos perfect in all ways and would-be leader of this group of rejects... But he gets killed early on, obviously not my doing

An evil black guy

And a sporty chick
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    I just click random until I see something I like and then randomize their traits. I love randomizing everything because I never know just what I might get.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I usually have a strong idea about what type of Sim I will make (traits, orientation, gender) but looks are usually only sort of decided beforehand.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    I based them on my TS3 simmies especially the traits and careers, but I change their looks most of the time.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I generally have a character in mind before I go into CAS. There's only been one occasion when I wasn't planning on making a sim, and I found a template female face that actually looked great with every single hairstyle in the women's section!! It's not that she is the most beautiful sim ever, just that she is the greatest hair model I could ever have in my game! LOL Her character was then created from that inspiration: world's best hair model.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I created my favorite sims from Sims 3. Any other sims I have are from the gallery.