Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Montgomery Saga (3rd Generation)

Comments

• RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    @girl15526 ^_^ Who knows, anything's possible. I haven't entirely decided what to do with the twins and their firstborn status lol. For now, they are semi-innocent little 'angels' that don't care about things like being heir and all that. But who knows what the future might bring. :) Thanks for reading, and commenting, keeps me on my toes so to speak lol.

That being said, no chapter today, as I fell asleep while I was playing TS4 and didn't get enough good screenies for a next chapter lol. I shall try again tomorrow, for now, I'm off to bed.

Good night everyone!
    Shhh!

• Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    How do you fall asleep while playing TS4?! lol
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    If you were following Pinstar rules (or even if not, why not?), I'd add in a secondary rule for cases of ties. In fact, I might do that for myself, just in case. What if I get twin girls and they both roll geek for a trait? (I have twins in real life and we don't talk about who is oldest or first. It seems silly that one is "older" just because she settled lower, you know?) Like maybe an exemplar trait like genius or highest charisma skill or something?
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
    @Jes2G Lol you fall asleep playing TS4 by being sleep deprived and insisting on staying up late just so you can play more of your favorite game :D

@Roane That's a good idea. In this case though, Camren is the actual firstborn since he came out first lol, rules are rules in the end. But we are attempting to add a bit of flavor to the story to set up for any future conflict there may be due to firstborn twins. Firstborn twins is the main ingredient to the Founder's back story :D

And now, the next chapter in the 2nd Gen saga:

Sibling Squabbles
    Being the only girl with three older brothers can be quite the challenge, but a bigger challenge is suddenly finding out there's a whole side of your family you didn't even know about.

09-28-14_12-46%C2%A0PM.png

This is a bit of a shorter chapter, but the next one should have quite a bit more to it :D

Happy Reading!
    Shhh!

• NikkoNikko Posts: 40 Member
    This is a really great story! Can't wait 'till the next chapter :D
  • girl15526girl15526 Posts: 45 Member
    Lol. Poor Clare. Too many boys and unlocked bathroom doors. A cousin hmm that's interesting. How will she begin this conversation with her parents.
    @Nikko Thank you!

@girl15526 Yeah, :) the cousin topic has been a bit of a debate for me. But we'll see how it develops in the next few chapters.

That being said, I finally got around to doing a chapter today! Yay!

The Monumental and Never Dull Task of Raising Children
    Children are always a handful, and while every moment may not always be joyous, it is never ever boring.
    09-28-14_5-24%C2%A0PM-3.png

Happy Reading! The next chapter will follow very soon!
    Shhh!

• SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    Aw pranking...I miss ts3 pranks all of a sudden.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Well, boys will be boys :) The back firing hand buzzer was great! I'm not really missing the pranks yet. The different moods swings sims have cause them to do some crazy enough stuff.
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
    Yeah, pranks seemed a bit...more in TS3 lol. That being said, mood swings is an interesting feature to watch lol.

And now the next chapter is ready!

Family Matters
    Clare has finally taken matters into her own hands and taken the first step to bridging the distance between the Montgomery and Landgraab families. Not before Caiden ages into a teen though and finally catches up with the twins as far as age goes lol.
    10-02-14_9-23%C2%A0PM.png

Happy reading!
    Shhh!

Hello everyone!

The next chapter is finally done! -_- I had a very busy weekend mostly away from the PC lol.

When Death Comes Calling
    All good things must come to an end as they say, and since the Montgomery Family is not an immortal one, they too must meet their end. Grief takes on different forms, and people grieve in different ways. And sometimes, in our grief we let important details slip through the cracks.
    10-05-14_11-43%C2%A0AM.png

Obviously, it's a bit of a sad chapter....
    Shhh!

• RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    Awww, super sad! (You inject so much emotion into the actions of your Sims. It's pretty awesome.)
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
    Awwwww @ "Will mom die too? If she doesn't get better soon?"
    forum_final.png

And I like this line too: if you smile just a little, you can have it.
    forum_final.png

It's interesting how we make these characters use the rationale like we would. X was also the best cook in his house, and when it was his time to go, I had him cooking all the time too! He stocked up the fridge, and he also created several mobile apps and did a lot of freelance projects to save money.
    forum_final.png

• Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    I've just finished reading, leaving me a little depressed :( I guess I was kinda lucking having the two go at the same time. But they had someone with them when they passed, too :)
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
    @Roane and @Jes2G Thank you ladies!

@Lizziemay12 aww, don't worry it won't be sad and depressing for long. Glad to see you around again!

And now, on to the next chapter that i finally got around to finishing lol.

Life Goes On
    It seems the mourning period is over at Montgomery House, the standard life of a Sim after all, is not very long. If they don't move on fast, they miss half their lives before they even realize it!
    10-07-14_3-30%C2%A0PM-2.png

Happy Reading!
    Shhh!

Camren & Cole are adorably annoying lol
    forum_final.png

• capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    Aww, your Legacy is coming along amazingly! So much has changed since I last read it :)
    :D Thank you!

This next chapter will be the last chapter for generation 2, the next chapter will focus on generation

A Generation's Accomplishments
    The Montgomery Family has decided to move to a new and bigger house, one that will be big enough to accommodate a growing family for generations to come. And in between all the moving around there's still opportunity to traumatize a teenager or two! Twins Camren and Cole are seeing their last days as teenagers, they will soon be aging into young adults marking the start of generation 3.
    10-10-14_12-16%C2%A0PM.png

Happy Reading! And thank you kindly for the support and comments!
    Shhh!

LOL, poor Caiden. Maybe he'll learn to knock :-p That house is HUGE! Very nice. Did you build it? I want to see the outside.
    forum_final.png

Yeah, I made the house myself unfortunately lol. I'm not exactly talented or even good at making houses lol. But I was having a hard time finding a house that could really accommodate what I was needing so I had no choice but to dabble in house building myself. I've taken some screen shots that I'll share, :P try not to laugh too much lol.

10-12-14_9-48%C2%A0AM.png
    This is a view of the front of the house. The house is built on that 50x50 lot in Willow Creek.

10-12-14_9-49%C2%A0AM.png
    First Floor, still a bit bare in some places.

10-12-14_9-50%C2%A0AM.png
    Dining Room, I'm thinking Gen 3 might be a bit more social but we'll see lol.

10-12-14_9-52%C2%A0AM.png
    Kitchen. You know, it ended up being waaaaay bigger than I had intended.

10-12-14_9-55%C2%A0AM.png
    Second Floor. Bedrooms for adults and teens, and the nursery next to the main bedroom.

10-12-14_9-57%C2%A0AM.png
    Third Floor: Childrens' Bedrooms, play room and workout room.

10-12-14_10-13%C2%A0AM.png
    Little sitting area in the backyard.

10-12-14_10-13%C2%A0AM-2.png
    Outdoor eating area, good for Cole to practice his mixology skill lol.

10-12-14_10-13%C2%A0AM-3.png
    Little gardening area. Anne was the one that did the gardening, so far no one seems to be inclined to pick up gardening but it's there for future use lol.

Lol and there you have it. Not nearly as creatively stunning as houses I've seen out there, but its practical and it works for now. I was tired of always redecorating rooms from childhood to teen/adult and then back to child/nursery and what not lol. This way, there are designated rooms for each each stage without the constant need to redecorate lol.

I still need to place a couple of things outside, a telescope and that spaceship thingie, but it's not exactly needed right at the moment so I have time to plan that out.
    Shhh!

• SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    I think you did a great job :)

I have to ask - are you affected by the aging up bug? I have it in my game file and I'm wondering if I should wait to play more until they have it fixed or if I should just grin and bear it. What are your thoughts?
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Aging up bug? Not sure I've heard of that one, what is it?
    Shhh!