Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canceling Cooking to Mourn

2...Next

Comments

• BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    Mine are doing it too! They did it before and I put the tombstones in the family inventory to have them stop. When the ghost patch came out, I put the two tombstones (my legacy founder and her husband) back out in the family plot I built hoping it had been fixed. NOPE. Every time someone starts cooking the actions cancels and they go outside and cry their face off. PLEASE FIX THIS!! 2 days I can deal with as legitimate mourning, but for WEEKS afterwards while cooking? Come on...

I totally agree. This is a life simulator. We don't just stop cooking breakfast to go to the nearby cemetery.
    giphy.gif
  • MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    Lord yes, this is happening to me ALL THE TIME with my gloomy sim. She'll paint for hours on end uninterrupted, play on the computer for hours on end uninterrupted, but lasts a second coking before she drops the food to go mourn her husband's parents. WHOM SHE NEVER MET. She started as a YA, and is still doing it as an elder.

Now when she cooks, I just hover over her and cancel the tombstone when it pops up in the queue and have her cook again. ANNOYING.
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    MelRedux wrote: »
    Lord yes, this is happening to me ALL THE TIME with my gloomy sim. She'll paint for hours on end uninterrupted, play on the computer for hours on end uninterrupted, but lasts a second coking before she drops the food to go mourn her husband's parents. WHOM SHE NEVER MET. She started as a YA, and is still doing it as an elder.

Now when she cooks, I just hover over her and cancel the tombstone when it pops up in the queue and have her cook again. ANNOYING.

None of my sims are gloomy, that's the weird part for me :/
    giphy.gif
  • Sianystar88Sianystar88 Posts: 9 New Member
    I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't for the fact that my Sim's daughter doesn't seem to give a monkeys that her mother has just died, but her partner who moved into the house roughly four sim hours before she passed away mourns every bloomin' chance he gets to (and, yes, obviously while cooking!). He only met her for the first time that day! Why is he more affected than she is?! Ah, Sim logic...
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    Yes. Mortimer Goth was my first sim to die in my game after the patch. He was the family cook. His daughter-in-law, Alexander's wife, took over the cooking. The family wasn't getting any meals because she would autonomously stop cooking to go mourn Mortimer (multiple times while attempting to cook one dish.) I didn't notice Alexander or Bella go to mourn once. Bella invited Mortimer's ghost into the household when he came back to haunt. So Mortimer resumed cooking for the family. The first meal he went to cook he autonomously stopped to "Mourn His Past Life." I put his tombstone in his inventory and that was the end of that. Now Bella is dead and it is happening again. I think they deliberately coded the cooking action to get interrupted by Mourn the Dead.
    Origin ID: Barbara917