Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

De-auth The Sims 4

I need to pack up my stuff to go home and the computer I've been using isn't coming with me. How do I De-auth The Sims 4?

Thanks!

Comments

• MRISMRIS Posts: 20 New Member
    simply log out of origin so that it forgets your password
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    uninstall Origin and change your password.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited October 2014
    Edit: I think I was definitely wrong! Looks like it is just tied to your Origin account. I don't think it has the physical download limits like Sims 3 did. Could be wrong, can't find any solid info on it.
  • MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    Edit: I think I was definitely wrong! Looks like it is just tied to your Origin account. I don't think it has the physical download limits like Sims 3 did. Could be wrong, can't find any solid info on it.

Thanks anyway. Cheers :)
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I would say to take the game out of the computer you are using now. Uninstall it, then when you go to your new computer re-install it. I think if you remove it and all parts of it, it will be gone, you may have to use a cleaner like ccleaner, and a registry cleaner like registrypro which I think you can find some free on the internet, just get rid of the whole thing then the computer does not have it in it, and no one should know it is there!
  • MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    I know how to uninstall a game. What I want to do is de-auth the game so it's not using up any authorization slots. I can't find the de-auth tool for Sims 4. I already de-auth Sims 3, it has the tool built into the launcher.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MaryVann wrote: »
    I know how to uninstall a game. What I want to do is de-auth the game so it's not using up any authorization slots. I can't find the de-auth tool for Sims 4. I already de-auth Sims 3, it has the tool built into the launcher.

I'd suggest contacting EA Help on this. As far as I can tell, there's no deauthorization option for Sims 4 -- maybe it's simply a nonissue for the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    I think you have to de authorise origin rather than the game . De authorise Origin on the computer you will not use.