Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCB Build Showcase - 3 new builds on pg. 7

Comments

• misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited October 2014
    Olsen Modern Colonial

This is my newest entry for the Build and Share Challenge #3.
    We were given a budget of $100,000 (including the 50x50 lot in Willow Creek) to build a 2+ bedroom home with 2 and 1/2 bathrooms, a wood working studio, in a Colonial architectural style with modern interior.
    Cost: $97,984

Origin ID: misscbong
    #MCB

More detailed images can be viewed in a Slideshow

10-06-14_10-45nbspPM.png

10-06-14_10-54nbspPM-2.png

10-06-14_10-40nbspPM.png

10-06-14_10-46nbspPM.png
    Front entrance to the home

10-06-14_10-46nbspPM-3.png
    Dining room to the left of the entrance

10-06-14_10-47nbspPM.png
    Kitchen and breakfast nook

10-06-14_10-48nbspPM-4.png
    Door leading to the master suite, taking up the entire left side of the house!

10-06-14_10-48nbspPM-5.png
    Master Bedroom

10-06-14_10-49nbspPM-2.png
    His and Hers dressing room/walk-in closet

10-06-14_10-49nbspPM-5.png
    Master en suite bathroom

10-06-14_10-51nbspPM-2.png
    Open concept living room and kitchen

10-06-14_10-48nbspPM.png
    View of the living room from the kitchen

10-06-14_10-50nbspPM-2.png
    Second bedroom and study

10-06-14_10-51nbspPM-5.png
    Third bedroom

10-06-14_10-52nbspPM-4.png
    Wood working studio

10-06-14_10-53nbspPM-2.png
    Back yard

• Rc_shabbaRc_shabba Posts: 183 Member
    awesome work, I really like it B)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Olsen Modern Colonial is a very nice home! :) Very nice colonial style exterior of it! Very nice backyard area! Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors on the back porch seats enjoying the outdoors air. It looks very nice how you have used the hedge fencing for the front and back areas of the home. The plants lining the front footpath edges look nice. It looks grest how you have used columns in the build and the flower box windows look nice. Nice backyard area. Sims will enjoy dining outdoors at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine. The bird bath is a nice touch there, It looks great how you have done the woodworking studio! Sims will enjoy doing crafting on the woodwork table there. It looks great how you have placed the shelves on the wall. Great study desk nook area there for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using a computer or having a read of a book. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The clothes shelves and shoes racks in the entrance hall look homely near the front door. Nice dining room! It looks great how you have used the different coloured chairs there, and the drinks display cabinet on the wall there is a great touch. It looks great how you have placed the cabinets and counters there. The patterned floor rug adds to the great look of the room. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets there. Nice kitchen walls tiling. The bar stool counter is great! The hanging pots over the top,of the counter are a great kitchen touch. The window breakfast nook alcove is a nice sunny place for sims to enjoy eating their meals with the sunlight coming in. Very nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofas there, enjoying watching tv or reading in front of the fire. It looks great how you have placed the bookcases either side of the fireplace in the nook areas, and the blue colour of the lamps adds a nice look to the area. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The master suite is very nice! Nice armchairs window sitting area in the master bedroom for sims to enjoy sitting resting and looking outdoors through the windows at the views. It looks nice how you have placed the bookshelves on the wall either side of the tv. Sims will enjoy watching tv or reading a book whilst laying in bed. The walk in dressing room and closet looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the hanging robes on the walls euther side of the curtains in the master ensuite bathroom. Great corner sitting nook there. It looks great how you have a study desk area in the second bedroom for sims to enjoy sitting at and using a computer. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the art nook corner.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • keshialeekeshialee Posts: 533 Member
    Very cool! I have made a house for the Oslens as well :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    It is a beautiful house! I love the structure! :D Great choice of textures for the outside wall. Love the interiors too! Especially the kitchen and dining area. Where did you get that shelf for the bathroom?
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @misscbong - I like this one. It reminds me a lot of the rambler I grew up in. It's classic Americana.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Wrote that's awesome, What kind of computer you have? because it looks like it's ultra settings, which something i can't play in at the moment :(
    Hello :) I have set up a thread where people can post links to their own showcase threads. If you would like to post a link to your showcase thread I would be delighted if you posted your showcase thread link on that thread.
    The link is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793638/showcase-links-thread/p1
  • opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    Lovely starter homes! I like that you actually decorated them and not just give the house the basics.
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
  • tyenetyene Posts: 65 Member
    Beautiful houses and I love the color scheme you're using. I love houses like that - they are not overdone, just beautiful, practical, elegant.
    @Rc_shabba - Thanks so much!

@rosemow - Thanks again for stopping by and taking a look! I will check out your thread, as well.

@keshialee - I really love the BnS challenges, it helps get me out of any building funks, and keeps things fun and challenging!

@yanti68 - I believe they have shelving under Surfaces when searching. Instead of going by a specific room, you can search through category/function, and it's surfaces, I believe. I stumbled upon them one day, because I hadn't seen them anywhere else.

@Ash072 - Thanks! I'm glad it looks like an actual house, it was a fun challenge to work on, I don't do a lot of Colonial style homes.

@libra_style - I honestly have no clue what setting I'm on, sorry! I haven't changed the settings at all, so I imagine it's the one it comes preset to run on. Might be ultra.

@opod67 - Thanks so much! I love the decorating part, but I don't like to have anything too cluttered or busy. It's a very fine line, in my opinion, so I'm glad you enjoy it!

@tyene - What a lovely thing to say, thank you! I try to make houses as realistic as possible, and I always enjoy calmer tones with some pops of colour here and there.
    edited October 2014
    I have started working on a new series of builds based around the idea of modern, pre fab or modular homes. I'm redoing Oasis Springs with them, and having a blast! It's fun to challenge myself to stay within more clean, modern decor and styling.

There will be more similarly styled and designed home coming for this series of builds, I'm just starting with some smaller homes and will work my way up!

Modern Modular #1:

This home takes the place of the Raffia Quinta home, on a 20x15 lot.
    It boasts two bedrooms and a large bathroom, minimal modern landscaping and interior decor. Lots of warm wood tones, neutrals, with some pops of colour throughout.
    #MCB #Modern #Modular

10-11-14_2-38nbspPM.png

10-11-14_2-37nbspPM.png

10-11-14_2-38nbspPM-3.png

10-11-14_2-39nbspPM.png

10-11-14_2-39nbspPM-2.png

10-11-14_2-39nbspPM-3.png

10-11-14_2-40nbspPM-4.png

10-11-14_2-39nbspPM-5.png
    Small office or second bedroom

10-11-14_2-40nbspPM-3.png

10-11-14_2-40nbspPM-2.png

10-11-14_2-41nbspPM-3.png

10-11-14_2-41nbspPM-2.png

Modern Modular is very nice! :) The roofing and the wooden texture of the exterior looks very nice. It looks nice how you have done the corner of windows. The types of and how you have placed the plants and trees in the front area looks nice and suits the style of the home. Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors on the seats on the front patio, enjoying being in the sunshine. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice kitchen and dining area. The pears picture on the wall there is a nice touch. It looks great how you have placed the kitchen cabinets, and the texture of the kitchen walls looks great. The fruit bowl on the counter is a nice kitchen item touch. The type of seating that you have used in the build suits the type of home. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating their meals at the dining table. Very nice living room area. It looks great how you have placed bookcases either side of the tv. It looks nice how you have angled the armchairs either side of the sofa. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, watching tv, reading a book and having a chat. The shelf looks nice above the tv with the photo frames on it. Very nice office study and art room. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there. Nice study desk nook area there for sims yo enjoy sitting at the table using the computer . It looks nice how you have placed the items on the wall shelves there for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting at the desk there. It looks great how you have done the dresser and clothes rack alcove in the bedroom. The coat stand near the door looks great there.
    It is a great home :) I hope that the rest of your makeover of Oasis Springs goes well.
    Thanks @rosemow I'm glad you like the build!
  • Larifari2009Larifari2009 Posts: 679 Member
    All your buildings are lovely :) Your sage cottage is very sweet and the olsen modern colonial is very stylish - love the outdoor wall covering and colours and the interior is very well done.
    bannerforum1.jpg

Lovely modern home! :D I adore the kitchen/ diner and the bathroom! Great job! Thanks for letting me know about the shelves! I found it! Hugs :D
    All your buildings are lovely :) Your sage cottage is very sweet and the olsen modern colonial is very stylish - love the outdoor wall covering and colours and the interior is very well done.

Thanks so much! I tried to keep the exterior true to the Colonial style of exteriors, while making sure the interior was a bit more modern.
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Lovely modern home! :D I adore the kitchen/ diner and the bathroom! Great job! Thanks for letting me know about the shelves! I found it! Hugs :D

Glad you found them! I stumbled across them randomly, and love them! I just wish more decor items would fit on them like they did in Sim3. Maybe one day!
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    @misscbong I love your houses. The colour combinations you use in your rooms are wonderful.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

kamb1403 wrote: »
    @misscbong I love your houses. The colour combinations you use in your rooms are wonderful.

Thanks so much! I miss having the colour wheel to use, but a lot of the colour options are ones I would naturally use anyways!
    edited October 2014
    Modern Modular #2

As promised, I am working on a series of Modern style Modular homes to replace some of the existing lots in Oasis Springs. The series will incorporate modern design elements, and will be constructed based around the idea of modular, or pre-fabricated, homes.

This second house is set to replace Dusty Turf, and is on a 30x20 lot. Cost is $61,526 with the cost of the lot. It is a two bedroom, two bathroom house.

#MCB #Modern #Modular #NoCC

10-21-14_7-24nbspPM.png

10-21-14_7-30nbspPM.png

10-21-14_7-26nbspPM-3.png

10-21-14_7-28nbspPM-4.png

10-21-14_7-25nbspPM.png

10-21-14_7-27nbspPM-6.png

10-21-14_7-28nbspPM-5.png

10-21-14_7-27nbspPM-2.png
    Master Bedroom hallway and dressing area

10-21-14_7-27nbspPM-3.png
    Master bedroom

10-21-14_7-27nbspPM.png

10-21-14_7-26nbspPM-5.png
    Master Bathroom

10-21-14_7-27nbspPM-8.png
    Second Bathroom

10-21-14_7-28nbspPM.png
    Second bedroom

10-21-14_7-30nbspPM-3.png
    Backyard

10-21-14_7-27nbspPM-4.png

Great modern home! I am loving the architecture! Inside, the kitchen/diner, the living room and the double bedroom are my favourites! Great job! :D
    Modern Modular number 2 is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it. The texture, colour and roofing of the exterior looks very nice. It looks great how you have placed the windows in the build. Great outdoors patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals in the sunshine at the table there. Child sims will have fun playing on the nearby monkey bars. It looks nice how you have placed the plants and rocks in both the front and back areas of the home. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. Very nice furnishing of the kitchen! It looks great how you have placed the kitchen cabinets there! The fruit bowl and bottles on the counters are great kitchen touches. Nice window dining table area for sims to enjoy eating their meals with the sunshine coming in through the windows. It looks very nice how you have used a grey and white colour scheme through the home, and added touches of red to give a great look. It looks nice how the two end dining chairs are coloured red. Nice living room area. It looks great how you have placed the two bookcases either side of the tv and created an alcove area for the tv. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas there, enjoying watching tv or having a read. The patterned floor rug and the picture on the wall suit the room and the rest of the home well. It looks very nice how you have done the clothes closet and dressing nook! Very nice master bedroom. It looks nice how you have placed the fruit pictures on the bedhead wall. Sims will enjoy sitting on the chairs that you have placed there having a read of a book from the bookcase. The hanging robe on the bathroom wall is a nice touch there. The kids room is great! It looks great how you have placed the posters on the walls. The red, blue and greet colour scheme of the room looks very nice.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    I am Loving all these homes MissC! Cute starters and very nice job with the Colonial/Modern. I really like your idea of doing the modern modulars for Oasis. They are just so cute! :D
  • GiadaDLSimGiadaDLSim Posts: 38 Member
    Very nice!