Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• ReinaReina Posts: 58 Member
    I'm wondering if it's possible to add links to blogs where people are already doing this challenge? I'd love to read along with their stories and it would make it very easy to locate everything. Not sure if anyone would like to keep track of this but I've seen it done in some other challenge threads :]

I'm also planning on starting my own ISBI - woo!
    Destined_logo.png
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @Roane - You can move your ISBI family wherever you want, there's no restriction on that. :)

@Reina - That's a great idea! I don't have the time to gather them up myself, but if someone else wants to I can use the reserved post on the front page to post them.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm so pleased -- I finally had a sim complete an aspiration in this challenge! I'm assuming I can start her working on another aspiration?

@Lynnwood, also, regarding scoring -- she does get 5 points for the milestone as well as 10 for the aspiration?

Another question -- you say in the intro that there won't be points for children getting an A or NTHs reaching the top of a career because they're impossible. Although I doubt any NTH children will, I do have a teen who might, and my sim has an outside chance of reaching the top of her career (she'll make it to level 9 after her daughter ages up, and then it's a matter of what the requirements are to reach level 10).

I went through and looked for addresses for blogs. So far, I found only 3 posted:

www.megglesims.blogspot.com/search/label/ISBI
    www.terranolegacy.blogspot.com
    www.mavitasims.blogspot.com

Hope this helps if you decide to set up a list!
    Post edited by MVWdeZT on
  • Solar_CatSolar_Cat Posts: 104 Member
    In light of my recent (and failed, lol) attempt at the ISBI challenge, I've started a new game combining the Legacy challenge with the ISBI challenge. I'm keeping my TH on the 50X50 lot with the knight statue during the entire 10 generations. This should be interesting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fuuuurrrr....

Stella Terrano's Legacy:
    www.terranolegacy.blogspot.com
    Plum It!: An ISBI Challenge:
    www.plumitisbi.blogspot.com

Origin ID: SolarCat85
  • KaleniyaKaleniya Posts: 168 Member
    Sooo excited about finally owning Sims 4 and being able to start a challenge. I already started this challenge and will get up a link to my blog as soon as I am able to. Also I'm looking forward to get to know everyone and read your stories
    2cdygqq.jpg

My ISBI forum thread; here
  • MonaLisaJonesMonaLisaJones Posts: 126 Member
    I am having so much fun with this challenge right now. My sim married Zoe Patel and they have 2 kids so far, the second baby just aged up last night. I honestly didn't think she was going to make it - we were a hot second away from the social worker because Zoe just stood there shooshing instead of changing the baby's diaper *strangles screen*
    The link in my signature will now take you to Chapter 11 of Koehlers' Kraziness. If you want to read Chapters 1 - 10, click on September in the Blog Archives at the right.
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    So though the spare children can be moved out, I am assuming the past torch holder and their spouse cannot.
    edited October 2014
    I'm still setting up my game/blog but will start reading stories later tonight :]

Edit: Also I do need some 'likes' in order to link to my blog so if anyone would help me out, that'd be very much appreciated!
    2cdygqq.jpg

I'm glad so many people are having fun with this! The ISBI is definitely one of my all-time-favorite challenges in the sims. Sorry for my delayed responses, I've not been on the forums much lately. And probably won't for the next few months (lots of new games coming out that are leading me astray with their shiney newness). I'll TRY to keep checking back at least once a week though and answering questions. :)

@MVWdeZT - She will get both 5 points for each milestone, and 10 for the total aspiration finished. Once you finish one, you can certainly start another. If your NTH sims manage to get As or top careers, I might adjust the rules to include a +5 or +10 for it, because that certainly would be an achievement. Your torch-holder however will not earn points for topping a career. While it IS an accomplishment, that's completely within your control. The points is because a sim you're not controlling managed to do it all on their own.

@dowens13 - You CAN move your torchholder and spouse (entire household really) to a new lot or a new house in the neighborhood, that's perfectly fine. They just have to remain as the played household in that save.
    @Lynnwood, thanks for answering my questions!

I think +5 for an A and possibly +10 for an NTH reaching the top of a career should be added. One of my teens just needed one more extra credit completion to get an A before she aged up, and my former TH is at level 9 in her career, with an outside chance that she'll get promoted.

If your reason for not including the points is that the achievements are impossible, then I would say that's not necessarily the case. It didn't happen for my teens and my former TH will probably die before she accumulates enough in the way of royalties for her promotion, but both came very close.

Enjoy your other games! (I'm looking forward to the next Civilization myself. So many games, so little time to play them.)
    edited October 2014
    I see that I can do one action with the NTH. Can this be getting them a job? It would help a lot if they actually did something to help out with the expenses in the house lol

Edit: I got membership status yay so I can post links xD

I started my ISBI and a prologue can be found here if anyone would please take a look :]
    Post edited by Kaleniya on
    2cdygqq.jpg

@MVWdeZT - Duly noted! I'll go ahead and re-add them. They might be a long shot, but I suppose those sims will manage to suprise you every time. :P

@Kaleniya - Congrats on the member status! I'll go ahead and add your blog to the list. As for your question, you're allowed to assign careers (or quit them) freely, that doesn't count toward their one free action per life-stage. :)
    I have a couple of questions regarding immortalizing the Torch Holder. Is this something the current Torch Holder does for a previous (or several previous) Torch Holders? Or can it be done for a future Torch Holder? Does the former TH have to be alive at the time of the honor?

Second, my TH has maxed the comedy skill and is in the Comedian career but has never had the option to give a name to a comedy routine. She can, however, name a comedy book, and wrote one in honor of her mother (who is dead). Does this count for the 5 points?
  • capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    This is to remind me to upload that let's play because I'm a lazy doo-dad
    @MVWdeZT - Immortalizing the TH must be done with either your current TH or if you're able to do it with one free action with an NTH that's fine too. The sim you're immortalizing must still be alive when the project is started. I'm not 100% on the comedy routine, I was only copying what Pinstar is allowing for his legacy challenge. If you say there's no option to at least personalize it, I might remove it as an option. If her mother was dead at the time of writing, then no, it doesn't count. :( If she was still alive when she started it at least, then yes. :P
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I just posted my missing chapter from before I went back to my legacy! :stuck_out_tongue:

Baby No. 2 Incoming!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Chapters 12 - 15 of Koehlers' Kraziness have been posted.
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I don't understand how the one free action works. Can someone explain this since I'm about to start this challenge and I don't want to screw it up. Thanks.
    @Rainydayz179 - Basically, once in every life stage (child, teen, young adult, adult, elder) you have ONE action you can direct your sim to do. Say, they're about to try and fix that fridge sitting in a puddle of water and you don't want to risk their death. You can cancel or send them to do something else. What they do beyond that (and for the rest of their life stage) is up to them. If you don't use the action for one life stage (say child) you don't get to keep it (you don't have 2 free actions as a teen). These are of course for your non torch-holder sims. You can always control the current TH as normal.
    edited October 2014
    I updated to chapter 4 so far and FINALLY got a baby in the house yay! I also got the spouse a job and I'm considering making him work on the skill that is required for the promotion for his free action. Otherwise I think he'll stay on level 1 forever and we could desperately need more funds at this time lol

Chapter 4 if anyone would like to take a look
    2cdygqq.jpg

Lynnwood wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 - Basically, once in every life stage (child, teen, young adult, adult, elder) you have ONE action you can direct your sim to do. Say, they're about to try and fix that fridge sitting in a puddle of water and you don't want to risk their death. You can cancel or send them to do something else. What they do beyond that (and for the rest of their life stage) is up to them. If you don't use the action for one life stage (say child) you don't get to keep it (you don't have 2 free actions as a teen). These are of course for your non torch-holder sims. You can always control the current TH as normal.

Thanks for clearing that up. I started yesterday and didn't want to mess something up. Here's my first post: rainygamez.blogspot.com/2014/10/ts4-isbi-challenge-complete-zanieness.html
    @Rainydayz179 wow two babies in one update. Your challenge gets a great jump start there lol. I can't wait to see how it will go once they age up and the house gets filled with a bunch of sims running around. I know in my game it's starting to get a bit hectic for sure!
    2cdygqq.jpg

• dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    So besides doing my legacy challenge I have started an ISBI challenge here is the link tell me what you think http://manda102108.wordpress.com/
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
    Kaleniya wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 wow two babies in one update. Your challenge gets a great jump start there lol. I can't wait to see how it will go once they age up and the house gets filled with a bunch of sims running around. I know in my game it's starting to get a bit hectic for sure!

Yea well I played for 5 hours strait before I realized it. I hadn't meant to do so much in the first post!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top