Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bored and need family ideas

I always seem to get bored with the families i have got and usually start to kill all the sims in town.
Do you know any cool and colorful ideas for future families

Comments

• CamillahaCamillaha Posts: 96 Member
    I can try to think of some ideas. Lets see... If your killer sims family member survived the killing spree he/she could start writing true crime books? A crazy cat lady? A golden girls type household with elderly ladies? Bikers if you use the stylist station for biker makeovers for npcs and savvy sellers rug from the store to sell them motorcycles, or use the same method to turn your entire town to hippies or something.
    Try to own every bussines and community lot in town, that would take several generations.
    Build a resort that's really a prison.
  • HighlordRoseHighlordRose Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2014
    Try to make a sim have an affair with everyone in the town using a young adult or teenager sim. Um.. Yeah no. I have no more ideas. When I'm bored I just kill my sims off or make them cheat with everyone.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited October 2014
    A Southern farm family. I find gardening really fun. Growing your own food instead of going to the market (or swiping your credit card in the fridge that it starts printing out your food). Sell extra produce to pay the bills. Raise the kids so that they may help with the farm and maybe make it even bigger. They could become gardeners too, or fishermen or horse riders.

For a single sim, you could build or find your own love shack. Add in a bed, bar, and a fancy dinner. Anyone who enters first (only YA and adults or elders if you're into that kind of thing) will be your sim's date of the day. Then break up the next day. Move on to another world/neighborhood if you've already dated everyone -- wait isn't this what Don Lothario did in both TS2 and TS3?
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I started playing a town legacy challenge when I found I couldn't stick to just one family because I got bored and I couldn't play the way I wanted to without loading my game up with Mods which allow me to play like it's really TS2 with the TS3 open world.I've been sticking to the town legacy challenge for a while now and I love that challenge.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Look in the Challenges section of the BBS and find one that you like, would be my recommendation.

I don't know how you normally play, so I can't suggest exactly what you should do differently, but if you are in a rut do the opposite. Do all your Sims marry - play a single Sim who gads about town. Do all your Sims work? Try a different job or have one support themselves without a job and no cheats. Do you always play one Sim? Start a family. Do all your Sims have a trait in common? Play a Sim with randomly generated traits or one with a trait that you would normally never play.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Like Schweighsr said, not knowing what you typically do hurts our ability to really help.

But first is to identify why you are getting bored. For me, I get bored if I do not have a challenge to follow. And it does need to be somewhat of a challenge and it has to involve having babies, be it a legacy style challenge or a multiple babies style challenge or a build a city/prosperity style challenge.

For me, I need a pre-determined goal to work towards that was made by someone else. That's what keeps me out of a rut. But others don't need a pre-determined goal or can make up that goal for themselves.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    For me the getting children stage in the game always threatens to make things boring (because it's a lot of staying at home and raising them; adieu to freedom, like IRL really :p ) and it often means the end of a generation. Adventures have been survived, boy has girl, girl has boy, all's well that ends well, that kind of thing ;)

Maybe you could try and knock up the female neighborhood with a male sim (creating a village filled with little Profanity removed by EA_Lanna)?
    Or have a ghost child?
    Or try to collect several ghosts (different colours) and create a family with them?
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PaisleyPinkPaisleyPink Posts: 421 Member
    I made a low brow couple once and the wife had several affairs, always with a man of another race and always ended up getting pregnant. When the kids had birthday parties all the daddies would be there. I was trying to see how long she could pull it off for. Three kids with different men and if I remember right, it was two of her lovers who discovered each other first but it was all downhill from there.
  • SimSimulatorSimSimulator Posts: 11 New Member
    I have 4 expansions and 2 stuff packs
    EPs: Into the Future, Late night, Seasons and Univeristy life
    SPs: High end loft stuff, 70s 80s 90s
  • SimSimulatorSimSimulator Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Jimil said:
    > A Southern farm family. I find gardening really fun. Growing your own food instead of going to the market (or swiping your credit card in the fridge that it starts printing out your food). Sell extra produce to pay the bills. Raise the kids so that they may help with the farm and maybe make it even bigger. They could become gardeners too, or fishermen or horse riders.
    >
    > For a single sim, you could build or find your own love shack. Add in a bed, bar, and a fancy dinner. Anyone who enters first (only YA and adults or elders if you're into that kind of thing) will be your sim's date of the day. Then break up the next day. Move on to another world/neighborhood if you've already dated everyone -- wait isn't this what Don Lothario did in both TS2 and TS3?

But don't you need mods to have a farm?
    > @Jimil said:<br />
    > A Southern farm family. I find gardening really fun. Growing your own food instead of going to the market (or swiping your credit card in the fridge that it starts printing out your food). Sell extra produce to pay the bills. Raise the kids so that they may help with the farm and maybe make it even bigger. They could become gardeners too, or fishermen or horse riders.<br />
    > <br />
    > For a single sim, you could build or find your own love shack. Add in a bed, bar, and a fancy dinner. Anyone who enters first (only YA and adults or elders if you're into that kind of thing) will be your sim's date of the day. Then break up the next day. Move on to another world/neighborhood if you've already dated everyone -- wait isn't this what Don Lothario did in both TS2 and TS3?<br />
    <br />
    But don't you need mods to have a farm?

Ohh yeah you need Ambitions for that. Darn it! It would've been fun for you.

• Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    nope you can garden and grow all sorts of different plants. You can find seeds around town, and plant them. If you get the collection helper as a lifetime reward, it will identify where all the seeds, and other things are in town in map mode.
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    nope you can garden and grow all sorts of different plants. You can find seeds around town, and plant them. If you get the collection helper as a lifetime reward, it will identify where all the seeds, and other things are in town in map mode.

Yeah but you still need Ambitions to sell them. Oh whatever, you can just give the husband or wife another job that doesn't involve all those things I've said and still keep the farm.

• SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited October 2014
    Maybe stop playing "family" style. Just turn off aging and tell your Sims stories. Pick a song, poem, or story and take pictures that depict these things. Build skills, kill a few sims, fall in love with a few Sims, get a bad reputation, find true love. Get a birthday cake and age your Sim(s) when you are ready. No reason to limit yourself to "families" just go where the Sim leads you.

Perhaps your Sim lives in a world where taxes are ridiculous, so every time they make 1,000 simoleons you family funds and delete 500?
    Maybe you have a corrupt police officer and a wife who is wise school teacher?

Dead wife? No, no she was just a vampire. What?
    Genius daughter who goes to university and flunks out? Poor thing.

I dunno, use your imagination. Sims 3 leaves things wide open. Sometimes things aren't so...perfect.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    Colorist40 wrote: »

Yeah but you still need Ambitions to sell them. Oh whatever, you can just give the husband or wife another job that doesn't involve all those things I've said and still keep the farm.

You don't need Ambitions to sell them. Take them to the grocery store or sell them from the inventory.
  • SirCumberbatchSirCumberbatch Posts: 377 Member
    Try to make a sim family based off of a book or show. I tried to do that with Doctor Who in the Sims 4.. But I'd heard that baby genders are hard to be chosen so if it was male then it would mess everything up and Melody (River) would end up being a guy and everything wouldn't go well. And I'd have to age up the child a bunch. If you do go for Doctor Who do it in the Sims 3. Probably going to make things a lot easier.
    tumblr_m4xgcv68oS1rogkjio1_500.gif
  • DinkyDonkey2DinkyDonkey2 Posts: 6 New Member
    You could make a really ugly person and try to make them a famous writer. See how many people will hit on her
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, I'll be closing this thread from here to limit further necroposing. Thanks.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top