Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is what happens when your Sim is caught cheating (pics)

Comments

• RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    claritysf wrote: »
    RubeeSims wrote: »
    Aw that's quite the story! Miley Cyrus, ruining lives since forever ;)

I had a male Sim I was playing who was romantic with Dina and Nina Caliente. He favoured Dina though and once went to their household and was autonomously mean to Nina then flirted with Dina in front of her. Nina looked horrified but she didn't be mean to my Sim or Dina. Instead she went away and a little while later I heard crying, so went to check it out, and she was sobbing in her bed. I felt so bad!

Awww :( The sobbing in bed things gets me every time. Once my Sim kid was apparently left out of a party invitation at school. She came home dejected, crawled into bed and just sobbed her heart out. It was the most pitiful sound. I grabbed a parent and instructed them to comfort the poor child.

Aw, no, that's so sad! I think I'd genuinely cry if I got that in my game. I had to quit for a while after I saw Nina crying because I felt so bad lol
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • EavingEaving Posts: 132 Member
    claritysf wrote: »
    RubeeSims wrote: »
    Aw that's quite the story! Miley Cyrus, ruining lives since forever ;)

I had a male Sim I was playing who was romantic with Dina and Nina Caliente. He favoured Dina though and once went to their household and was autonomously mean to Nina then flirted with Dina in front of her. Nina looked horrified but she didn't be mean to my Sim or Dina. Instead she went away and a little while later I heard crying, so went to check it out, and she was sobbing in her bed. I felt so bad!

Awww :( The sobbing in bed things gets me every time. Once my Sim kid was apparently left out of a party invitation at school. She came home dejected, crawled into bed and just sobbed her heart out. It was the most pitiful sound. I grabbed a parent and instructed them to comfort the poor child.

Awww that's so sad :(
  • catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    @claritysf wow that storyboard was brilliant, was like watching an episode of the programme Cheaters lol.
    Can I please ask I am desperate to know how do you add them screen shots I just can't figure it out?
  • claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    @catwoman2005 First you need to become a "Member" which means you need to post some more and get more likes. I just gave you one. Maybe some other people reading this will give you a like too. Once you unlock "member", you have the ability to post pictures.
    I use "Photobucket" to upload my pics free. I pull them out from the documents/Ea games/screenshots file in my computer. Copy the image location and Then I insert the bb code for images. (I can't type that into this field but you can look that up online to see how it's done.) Then you're all set.
    tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
  • sohfoxsohfox Posts: 255 Member
    I genuinely wish my sims showed emotions.. I cannot understand why they wont.. nor will my other friends... the thing that I have noticed is that many people who claim there are no emotions have laptop I7s (I'm not even kidding here).... My sims are emotionless drones. COULD it be the CPUs? I remember this was a thing a long time ago when they first started messing around with the "AI performance increase with I7s" anyone remember that? I'm sure you do if you played old games because suddenly their AI was incredibly worse. I'm sure someone will suggest otherwise and I am entirely open to it.. But I am genuinely not having the same player experience you people are and neither is my friend (who has a nearly identical laptop to mine (he has a GeForce) ) My autonomy is all at maximum etc etc, theres no mods... I just don't get it. My sims barely react to things or have emotions. Sure, their moodlets change but they mostly don't seem to react, I hope that makes sense. I'd like someone to address that issue, I KNOW I am not the only person who has something of a different experience.
    my art http://anenfairy.deviantart.com
    My favorite sims: TS3
    sohfox wrote: »
    I genuinely wish my sims showed emotions.. I cannot understand why they wont.. nor will my other friends... the thing that I have noticed is that many people who claim there are no emotions have laptop I7s (I'm not even kidding here).... My sims are emotionless drones. COULD it be the CPUs? I remember this was a thing a long time ago when they first started messing around with the "AI performance increase with I7s" anyone remember that? I'm sure you do if you played old games because suddenly their AI was incredibly worse. I'm sure someone will suggest otherwise and I am entirely open to it.. But I am genuinely not having the same player experience you people are and neither is my friend (who has a nearly identical laptop to mine (he has a GeForce) ) My autonomy is all at maximum etc etc, theres no mods... I just don't get it. My sims barely react to things or have emotions. Sure, their moodlets change but they mostly don't seem to react, I hope that makes sense. I'd like someone to address that issue, I KNOW I am not the only person who has something of a different experience.

That's strange. I suppose could be a laptop related issue. I'm playing on a PC tower right now. If others are having the same problem using a laptop, maybe they can chime in.

It could also be the chosen personalities of the sim you have. For example. Notice how Clare barely reacted to her husband getting into her face about the kiss. She just gasped and then cheerfully resumed kissing Miley. It wasn't until the divorce happened that the most extreme emotions emerged. In general, she's pretty happy go lucky and un-phased due to her personality trait. Her husband has "Domestic" as one of his traits due to a family aspiration. I think that's why he responded so dramatically to the situation. His family is top priority. Meanwhile I made a hot-headed sim and he got angry about everything. My gloomy sim got depressed from just paying the bills. Visually unhappy with all animations. Maybe if you try a different personality combination it will produce a different outcome?

• FearTheMegglesFearTheMeggles Posts: 242 Member
    I learned today that if you complete the serial romantic aspiration, you get the 'player' trait. The sims you have relations with don't get jealous when you're unfaithful with this trait, even if you flaunt affairs right in front of them.
    edited October 2014
    A few people asked for an UPDATE on this family, so here is a follow up of what happened in my game after the cheating and divorce.

Clare moved in with Miley Cyrus

09-14-14_12-58nbspAM.png

09-24-14_12-23nbspAM-2.png

Immediately I realized this was a mistake. She spent most of her days mourning the loss of her husband and sighing over her cereal.

Miley also didn’t have much interest in actually having a relationship with Clare. It was a passing fancy. She moved on to having a crush on Will Smith and quickly forgot about Clare.

09-22-14_11-06nbspPM.png

Clare autonomously visited her old home every day. I liked the fact that the family didn’t have to invite her over to maintain a relationship. She was there every day at around 10 AM no matter what. She helped the kids with their homework and took out the trash. She was still very much their mother. She usually left before Steve returned from work.

A few times he was there on his days off. They started to make small talk, which led to deeper conversations..

09-23-14_10-33nbspPM.png

09-23-14_10-32nbspPM.png

49ac4b87-150c-42bf-b4b2-98bf0881a501.png

09-24-14_10-32nbspPM.png

And inevitably…

09-24-14_10-00nbspPM-2.png

09-24-14_10-01nbspPM.png

They began to work it out…

09-24-14_9-59nbspPM-2.png

09-24-14_10-00nbspPM.png

I noticed that it took Steve a lot longer than it took Clare to come around. It was a slow process and the children had turned into teenagers at that point, but it happened.

He proposed and they moved back in together. They’re planning a re-marriage ceremony with the whole family.

09-28-14_2-15nbspAM.png

09-28-14_2-13nbspAM.png

09-24-14_10-02nbspPM.png

So there is hope for things turning around after a tragic divorce. It’s not a be all and end all. It just requires a little work. It was clear that they were happier together than they were apart.

THE END :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Divorce option is always under mean at anytime.

I'm shocked she kissed another sim when you played another family. I thought you had to make them share their first kiss first. I knew sims would automously flirt and become lovebirds with another sim even if their married when you switched households but never did I think they would kiss on their own when you didn't have them do their first kiss.
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I'm so glad things turned out that way in your experiment. It looked so real. I lve how emotions make the Sims seem like real people. Sims 3 was so blaaaahhhhh when it came to the Sims; they were soulless chunks of pixels wandering around aimlessly, it was so dull.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    giphy.gif

is what I felt like with this story

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
    edited October 2014
    @catloverplayer – I was confused by that too! I have 6 active households and rotate households on a regular basis. Clare and Miley were very good friends. She came over to Miley’s home all the time. Miley frequently would initiate romantic gestures with just about everyone including Clare. Since she has the INSANE trait, she went from hot to cold pretty fast. Randomly Flirt and then throw water in their faces. Sometimes I would just watch Miley do her thing, other times I wandered away leaving her to do whatever autonomously while I went to get coffee or took a shower. Maybe the first kiss occurred during one of those times. That’s the only theory I have because I feel like I shouldn’t have to worry about my Sim cheating when I leave to play another house! Regardless, it led to an interesting experiment on cheating, divorce and the process of getting back together.

@ashleigh825 – I agree. In Sims 3 I felt like I was pushing around a plastic doll in a pretty landscape. I feel like the Sims in Sims 3 had less personality then Sims 2. That was disappointing. :(
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

But Hey... they got back together! There was a happy ending! Just go one page back in this thread and you'll see the happy update? :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm so glad things turned out that way in your experiment. It looked so real. I lve how emotions make the Sims seem like real people. Sims 3 was so blaaaahhhhh when it came to the Sims; they were soulless chunks of pixels wandering around aimlessly, it was so dull.
    The fact that the game doesn't do things for you automatically doesn't necessarily make it dull you know ;)
    In fact, for me it's the other way around.

5JZ57S6.png
  • JonPanicJonPanic Posts: 28 New Member
    Beautiful post. But...did they react that way on their own or did you make them fight and stuff? It happened to my sims and they just got sad for a second and then carried on as if nothing had happened. It was a lot more life-like and complex in The Sims 3 where you could be accused of cheating even if your significant other didnt see you personally. Also, once you got caught, you really had to work to mend the relationship, in this new game it's all too easy I think.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I'm not usually into other people's stories but this one was so emotional. I'm glad Clare and Steve got back together. And Miley, just Ew!
    edited October 2014
    @JonPanic - He reacted negatively to the kiss and did get in her face. Then he stormed away. He went to his bedroom but then He returned to his children's room because he is family oriented. He always goes to whatever room his kids are in. He was in the red with Clare, so all of their interaction on HIS end were negative. She was completely neutral and not very affected emotionally to his negative interactions. (She has the cheerful trait, so it takes a lot to really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her off) I chose the divorce option. That was not autonomous. As soon as the divorce went through, Clare switched from a good mood to a very gloomy mood. She started crying. He walked out and took the shower. It all got depressing after that.

I think the way they respond has to do a lot with their personalities.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    giphy.gif

Then @Zolt65 yelled "Who the FUDGE is cutting onions in here?!"
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Then @Zolt65 yelled "Who the FUDGE is cutting onions in here?!"

That's true!

VXEdHq87M3.jpg

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Omigosh, I felt so sorry for that poor little girl who was crying! Mommy and daddy talking about divorce right in front of her. ... Poor little thing. Sniff. :'(
  • Ellie16Ellie16 Posts: 14 New Member
    Okay so I jut experimented a bit. My Sim, Amethyst has just had twins with her husband (a Townie). She goes back to work, he stays home. This woman comes around and they have a romantic relationship (she is also a townie). I got carried away and they were woohooing when Amethyst came home. Not a blink. Just went and cuddled the babies.

I thought this was odd. So I had them kiss and woohoo again in front of her. Nothing. Amethyst introduced herself. He even asked the other woman to be his girlfriend whilst Amethyst was in the group conversation. Again nothing. However when he then flirted with his wife, the other woman became really sad, and left... What the hell!?!?
    Amethyst was in a fairly good mood to start with but even so, I could be happy as larry if I saw my husband cheat i'd be a little peeved!
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    giphy.gif

LOL me too. I want to try this out in my game now, I've never had a sim cheat in 4. And I've only had one divorce. Most of my families are the same though, it never feels like this when I'm playing. I am going to try again though because this story is great!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Oh! Glad this thread got bumped and that they got back together! It was such a sad story. :'(
  • Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    I love seeing these types of stories from The Sims, good work and thanks for sharing! :)
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Very powerful story and emotions. I am glad to see them reacting. My Sim was pretty upset after her husband died recently. Now, previously, I have had a Sim die and if they didn't see it they didn't react but in this case she was sleeping when he died so she didn't actually witness it but she was still pretty upset. Here is a picture of her the day after he died. She didn't shower or nothing and tried to cheer herself up by playing a video game. As you can see, I don't think it was working.

01-05-15_11-56nbspAM.png