Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Aurora Legacy

Comments

• EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    I'm really enjoying your legacy, thanks for sharing it!!
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    EEtheridge wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying your legacy, thanks for sharing it!!

Thank you! I am having a lot of fun playing and exploring the game as I go :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    You inspired me to start my own legacy. I'm not sure if I'll post it, but I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration!
    You inspired me to start my own legacy. I'm not sure if I'll post it, but I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration!
    You are welcome! And it makes me happy to hear more simmers are playing the legacy style games :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Finally caught up! I love all the personality you're adding to your story. :smile:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Megg87 wrote: »
    Finally caught up! I love all the personality you're adding to your story. :smile:

Thank you :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    23. Melker's sweet talking

Bet you never thought you'd see this when last we spoke! Melker had managed to sway Jasmine and got her to visit our house. Once he had her here, she was suddenly much more positive towards him. I guess asking girls to come and check out your mansion is much more effective than suggesting they check out your social bunny...

jd5pccck5x4mwamfg.jpg

Of course she wanted to be his girlfriend (he's loaded!).

u4ds1yqoq521stufg.jpg

But marriage?

4uqn8cw5qn4q418fg.jpg

Jasmine: Oh lalala, how could I resist?

1974yii3ixssmaufg.jpg

Melker tells me Jasmine is excited about moving in with him, but she has to wait until her siblings are older, she is the only YA in her household of teens, and she can't leave them all alone. No worries - because we still have a pretty full house.

Melker also tells me that Jasmines 3rd trait is family oriented, so she is just as keen as him to start a family. For that to happen they will most definitely need more space in the house!

rjyxdf48qre6vyrfg.jpg

The next morning we found this. Poor Yvonne has a sad moodlet all day, how could they do that to the poor dolls!?

I don't think it was Jasmine, because Oswaldo also came over and he was in a rotten mood...since he's hotheaded I think he's the likely culprit.

cp46pnp115c0u7efg.jpg

Yvonne: Mom why is your tummy so much larger now? Weren't you exercising?

Mika: It's a baby in there. Besides, pointing that out is not proper manners young lady!

csnwondx9kdhz6efg.jpg

Lucas and Mika are just as crazy about each other as before. I think they long for more time alone - and I long for the day when I won't be walking in on them kissing or worse.

lkbzy6cjr2cerjifg.jpg

Britta: Um, what's that?

Lucas: What?

Britta: The bassinet.

Lucas: OMG - I'm not ready to become a parent! Where are the pregnancy books? Mom says they had pregnancy books in the ts3 dimension...

Britta: A little late for this freakout don't you think?

Lucas: *tears his hair out*

xzgw84zjrc4fakvfg.jpg

Mika: Isn't she pretty! Say hi to your new niece Jeanette. She looks just like me, don't you think?

ig38j4jy8jxk43qfg.jpg

Britta: Um, sure?

So, I have a new niece. I wonder if my brother having just girls is positive or negative when it comes to my chances to produce an heir. At least we'll have a backup if I turn out to have problems conceiving. It will be interesting to see who Jeanette resembles when she ages up. She is very fair skinned compared to her mother and sister, I wonder if that will change like it did for Yvonne.

xgr19r8khi3pfsjfg.jpg

Meanwhile, I tried going out and meeting new people. I was mostly surrounded by teens and married men. So I asked the watcher for some intervention in the household management department. Sorry Cory, I'm just not feeling this.

zbw6d9jts0xrq90fg.jpg

Naturally, the next day when we met up in the part he had aged up to YA. But sadly, still no spark. Neither was there a spark with the mopey Jeremy.

*Jeremy has the meduim brown hair color by SimplyMorgan I think it's awesome!

cbbcd95mquhddjzfg.jpg

The town was suddenly awash with new men for me to meet. This is Bryce. Sorry Bryce, your name reminds me off my dead dad - automatic disqualification.

jglx1et2uy45m7pfg.jpg

Fabian Landgraab is now grown up as well, but mixing with the Landgraabs? I just don't think I have it in me.

chfzi7x3s5fengdfg.jpg

Mom and my brothers help to chat up the possible candidates, and once I get of work I meet up and take over the group. I love my new job and the chance to tell jokes for a living. I'm already on level 4 (maybe not so impressive considering I started on level 3 but who cares?!).

aj084s7pgh8rj4qfg.jpg

Besides, this kind of dating might not bring me love - but it sure brings me cash towards my tips requirement and an increased comedy skill. I will count it as a win. Wouldn't you?

mx8p9uqnon9pprcfg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    nice chapther isn't your house almost full?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    anettesb wrote: »
    nice chapther isn't your house almost full?

You are right, Im at 7 sims at the moment. But as soon as Jeanette ages up I will move Lucas and his family out to make room for Melker and Jasmine. I want to keep Melker in the household untill he completes his aspiration and the house is still several tens of thousands short.

d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    WOW full house! Cute story, maybe she will find the one next chapter. :)
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • keshialeekeshialee Posts: 533 Member
    Loving your story line :)
    keshialee wrote: »
    Loving your story line :)

Thank you!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • RoninjinnRoninjinn Posts: 1 New Member
    This thread alone got me to finally sign up just so I can tell you how much I enjoy reading it. Also, it made me want to start my own legacy, which I started up last night and spent hours playing. (Something I haven't done since the game first came out.) I really have enjoyed reading yours, and now, partaking in my own legacy challenge.

I haven't decided if I'm going to post my story yet, but I've been taking screenshots like crazy. If I do, I may have to *borrow* your story telling style a bit, and put my own little spin on it, as I really like the first person view.
  • RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    :) She's brilliant isn't she? Reading her story is always awesome, fun, sad, involving. ^_^ AWESOME. Also, the legacy challenge is what got me interested in playing TS4 again lol, it's given it depth and purpose.
    Shhh!

Roninjinn wrote: »
    This thread alone got me to finally sign up just so I can tell you how much I enjoy reading it. Also, it made me want to start my own legacy, which I started up last night and spent hours playing. (Something I haven't done since the game first came out.) I really have enjoyed reading yours, and now, partaking in my own legacy challenge. <br />
    <br />
    I haven't decided if I'm going to post my story yet, but I've been taking screenshots like crazy. If I do, I may have to *borrow* your story telling style a bit, and put my own little spin on it, as I really like the first person view.

I get so happy hearing you having a fun time in game!

Welcome to the community and thanks for going through all the hassle just to let me know you are enjoying the story. I do my story in the first person because during the first legacy I ever played (random legacy back in ts3) I did keep a journal for my game and I sort of stumbled in on this story telling style. Sadly my file got messed up in gen 4, and that left me with about 45 pages of written ramblings, hopes and dreams of my sims on a A4 notepad! So, from that day on I have always thought about my sims in a 1st person narrative ;)

I'm sure your story would be interesting to read if you decide to put it out there. But don't feel any pressure! Sometimes writing is less fun than playing - and it's all about having fun!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    RoseAzul wrote: »
    :) She's brilliant isn't she? Reading her story is always awesome, fun, sad, involving. ^_^ AWESOME. Also, the legacy challenge is what got me interested in playing TS4 again lol, it's given it depth and purpose.

Aaaaw, thank you! That's so sweet of you to say :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    24. A prospect?

Despite of meeting a whole lot of new people I didn't really think I had found the "one".

The watcher convinced me to go visit mopey Jeremy again. Insisted was more like it - promising I wouldn't be disappointed. Meh, no real chemistry, but at least he was a whole lot chipper.

Jeremy: Wanna meet my brother?

p51ymb5at6hhybufg.jpg

Britta: Um. I've already met him (and he's married), but sure!

m3uhlerhxhpr7qzfg.jpg

Turns out Jeremy has two brothers, there is the married brother (why even learn his name?) and then there was Connor.

1vt7bobw9lrsd2afg.jpg

Connor smells nice...

2zbkigiuvorbdv3fg.jpg

We went to the Rattlesnake Juicer, and I was a little flirty. Not a whole lot - just trying out the waters so to speak. He seemed interested, but wasn't all over me which I appreciated.

deudw42ika71dk2fg.jpg

I might have had a few more juices than I planned and planted one on him. He tastes as nice as he smells.

I think the date went well. If he seems interested he might be someone for me, but at the moment I'm enjoying taking it slow. I don't need heartbreak again. I need to feel ready for a new relationship after what Halberd did to me.

akippe3xf3jrz71fg.jpg

Melker is not as keen on taking it slow. He's gotten babies on the brain and can't leave Jeanette alone for a second. As soon as she fuzzes he's there to cuddle her and coo silly noises. I think it's about time he and Jasmine started a family of their own.

k5of8b5c49f3il3fg.jpg

But when Lucas decides to move out we will miss him a lot. I will especially miss seeing my brothers hug it out, just because they have so much fun.

37l9jcxruz2g9awfg.jpg

So, Connor came over the next day. It was kind of awkward. Not knowing if you should go for a hug, a kiss or just a handshake. In the end we did some weird kind of half hug half lame wave. Great...*sigh*

pb2nb3ezry9t523fg.jpg

With just a couple hours before I was leaving for work I didn't really feel like going out on the town - so we hung out at the home bar. It was actually better than last time, because this time I even heard what he was saying!

8vuqbzhbms2qiekfg.jpg

Then I showed him around the house, and the observatory.

lm8690y8rxg3jk8fg.jpg

Emelie: Hellooooooo! Is anyone in there? Why is this door locked?

It wasn't me. Honestly! What kind of sim do you take me for?A legacy founder? Mika and Lucas just needed some private time as always. I really wish they would invent lockable doors...

b9kogxjpyyucb4mfg.jpg

Lucas: I had a great time yesterday babe.

Mika: Babe? What are we - teens again?

Lucas: Maybe it's time for us to move out? What do you say we save some money and move once Jeanette turns child? Kids are so self sufficient these days that they can take care of themselves while we're at work.

Mika: I'd get to start working? We're moving asap!

k5tx7oozni6va7ofg.jpg

Mika is so excited about her new job. I don't understand why the Watcher insisted Mika had to be a stay at home mom - she clearly wasn't suited for it. I hope the Watcher won't make me stay at home all the time too.

o8ulpb03su5e75nfg.jpg
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    edited October 2014
    Cool, Connor is kinda cute. I think he would blend well with the family. <3
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
    Britta and Connor look cute together. I can't wait to read more!
    simbody872 wrote: »
    Cool, Connor is kinda cute. I think he would blend well with the family. <3

I think so too! He's got way more chin then Britta that's for sure!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Britta and Connor look cute together. I can't wait to read more!

Hopefully I will have more time to play this coming week, so updates won't be so far between.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    edited October 2014
    I've hit a possible snag.

I have the aging up bug (wide jaw squinty eyes mostly on male sims) in my game file and I'm considering waiting to play more before I go on or just ignore it.

I wouldn't care if it weren't for the case that exploring genetics is one of my passions when it comes to the sims, so a bug making all male sims look alike is almost the worst case scenario for me...

On the one hand I have a matriarchy going on, and so far the females seem unaffected by the bug (so if I make sure to bring in fresh unaltered sims from the gallery to mate my heirs with I should be fine genetically). On the other hand, this kind of makes the game less fun for me because I can't have the sims age up in game to get unknown and randomized traits.

What do you guys think? Do many of you have this bug in your game? What strategies are you using to combat this?
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    I have noticed this bug in my game as well. Its a bit disconcerting and I wish they would hurry up and fix it. I'm struggling with wanting to play my legacy and not wanting to ruin the genetics just as you are, I guess that I'm hoping that it will be fixed this coming week. *crosses fingers*
    I have noticed this bug in my game as well. Its a bit disconcerting and I wish they would hurry up and fix it. I'm struggling with wanting to play my legacy and not wanting to ruin the genetics just as you are, I guess that I'm hoping that it will be fixed this coming week. *crosses fingers*

I know, it's so annoying! At first I wasn't even aware of this bug because I have only had girls since the last patch, but then I saw it mentioned and I started to check out the sims in town - and they all have the same eyes and chin! I do hope they fix it soon.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • EudanilEudanil Posts: 85 Member
    The generated females are being effected too (see page 29), I've decided not to open the game until next patch. :\
    Signature02.jpg