Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I lost my long running city

valairia1valairia1 Posts: 100 Member
I started my own city when ts2 first came out. So I decided to play it inserted my desk and got a message that the launcher didn't work anymore. I am now downloading ts2 ultimate, but I am very sad. I had such a huge city with graveyards full of generations of sims and sim pets. Now I have to start all over again
The author of The Student Librarian for sale at Amazon. Keep watching for more up coming novels.

Comments

• Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited October 2014
    That's so sad. :'( If it consoles you at all, the same thing happened to me about a year before The Sims 3 came out. I lost everything, including a world that I had spent many weeks on.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    Sorry for your loss, it would be terrible loosing all those gravestones.

I lost all of my original sims2 in a crash, which would be okay, if I could just make my favorite family again.
  • Options
    Tom_SimkinsTom_Simkins Posts: 15 Member
    You know there is a way to move neighborhoods from game to game, right?

On your computer, go to Documents > (Sims 2 game)* > Neighborhoods
    Find the neighborhood that is your city (May be hard due to Neighborhood names being like N001, but if you click the neighborhood, you can see screenshots by clicking storytelling)
    Copy the entire Neighborhood file into a separate folder from sims 2 or (if different computer) a flash drive.
    Then, load the neighborhood file into the Documents> (Sims 2 Game)> Neighborhoods on the target computer.
    Start Sims 2 and play your neighborhood.
    I did this when I got the UC on my laptop, and the game file seems to be working fine.

* (Sims 2 Game) replaces the actual file for the game. I believe it might be just 'Sims 2', but for my Ultimate Collection, it is 'Sims 2 Ultimate Collection'.