Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Clicked it :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @CrowRidgeStudio, that flattened profile disturbs me even more than the small eyes, wide jaw. I did notice in some of the sims it appears to be a cheek thing, too. I actually like those sort of defined cheekbones, strong jaw (though not megajaw like we have seen). That may be why it took me so long to notice it in my own sims.

But that profile problem is something else. It's worse than wonky genetics breeding to the eventual pudding face. Here we have sims with set appearances forced into a new look. Very troubling for anyone who plays for the genetics. I was really hoping for a return of blended features a la TS2 rather than eyes from mom, jaw from dad TS3 style. This is even worse. What's the point of breeding your sims?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Guys, there is an official bug thread. So as well as talking to the gurus in the chat, please go over and click "me too" on this thread.

The chat part isn't needed now - @SimGuruLyndsay is on it
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    @CrowRidgeStudio, that flattened profile disturbs me even more than the small eyes, wide jaw. I did notice in some of the sims it appears to be a cheek thing, too. I actually like those sort of defined cheekbones, strong jaw (though not megajaw like we have seen). That may be why it took me so long to notice it in my own sims.

But that profile problem is something else. It's worse than wonky genetics breeding to the eventual pudding face. Here we have sims with set appearances forced into a new look. Very troubling for anyone who plays for the genetics. I was really hoping for a return of blended features a la TS2 rather than eyes from mom, jaw from dad TS3 style. This is even worse. What's the point of breeding your sims?

Definitely. And the profile problem is part of the same bug as the small eyes and wide jaw bug, because (for me at least) it *always and only* occurs when the wide jaw and small eyes bug takes place.

• Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    I'm not sure what's happening here, but we'll look into it on our end. Thanks for the detailed photos and information, this should help.

Thank you.

As I've pointed out, it's not just happening with aging up male Sims. When I go to manage households, every single randomly generated male townie Sim has this exact same face. They all have the giant jaws and small eyes. The lack of randomization with all of them taking on this default face means that soon they will all look like this through genetics unless we make our own townies and fix them when they age up.

In my game too.
    Every male townie I encounter looks like this. Wide jaw, squinty eyes.

I have noticed the females are quite similar as well, eventhough they dont suffer the squinty-eyes-wide-jaw syndrome.

Clearly, looking at Alex Goth, the genetics are not working. Where are Bellas genes in that monstrosity?!

I haven't aged any Sims up and I haven't created any since I made a small army in the demo, therefore, I haven't encountered this other bug but I'm sure I will.

My random females do all look different. It's affecting the males in my game. The females all do tend to be wearing the short afro and are all the same skin color (very pale) but at least their faces are different.

All the males look exactly the same regardless of their age, they all have the same face shape, the same eyes, the same nose, the same lips....it's crazy. The only difference is the skin color, hair, and clothing but they look like a bunch of clones running around.
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Man, a lot of these pictures of people's sims are really quite attractive. I want your sims in my town, lol.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Guys, there is an official bug thread. So as well as talking to the gurus in the chat, please go over and click "me too" on this thread.

The chat part isn't needed now - @SimGuruLyndsay is on it

I very much say it is. The more people are aware, the better.

It needs to come across that it is a pressing issue.

I urge it to be brought up in the chat.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what's happening here, but we'll look into it on our end. Thanks for the detailed photos and information, this should help.

Thank you. I am sure you will devote the necessary attention to the issue and fix it ASAP.
  • Options
    Recap of the issue:

Since the last update, my game is severely glitched. All my sims get the same wide jaw and small eyes upon aging. They all end up looking too much alike and weird with such small eyes and large jaws.

I can create them in CAS the way I want, but, as I age them up or down, the eyes and jaws revert to this default.

Trying to ajust this the eyes jump up into the forehead.

It's messing up all of my sims and it is vey upsetting.

image.jpg
    Young Adult

image.jpg
    Teen

image.jpg
    Adult

image.jpg
    Young Adult

image.jpg
    Teen

image.jpg
    Adult

image.jpg

@SimGuruGraham; @SimGuruMax; @SimGuruSemedi; @SimGuruGrant; @SimGuruLyndsay

After removing the entire Electronic Arts folder from My Documents and having repaired the game through Origin, I go to Create-A-Sim and ramdomise sims. This is what I get, six times in a row, not skipping any sim:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I noticed this too, and I made a thread a few days ago both here and the bug forum. It REALLY needs to be fixed ASAP.

And this isnt what EA intended at all. Below, you can see how my Sim aged before the patch. Not only that, I took an adult Sim in CAS and aged him down to teen and adult, and he looked NOTHING like he was supposed to. The game literally overwrites the Sim's appearance with this bug. This can affect genetics.

6y7LGQS.png

s2sAONl.png

evTc6Nz.png

How the last Sim aged *BEFORE* the patch:
    rzKdpVH.png
    Willow wrote: »
    Ok, from what I can tell in CAS at looks like ALL male ages have this issue. I tried a couple tests, aging a child to a teenager, seeing the eye and jaw glitch, correcting it manually, aging them again, and the jaws protrude out and the eyes shrink over and over and over. No matter how many times I corrected it, or at what age, it would all change on the next age up.

Here are some of the pics below...

This child was born to my main sim family so I brought him into full edit CAS:
    15279333867_7a39de0941_o.png

I aged him to a teenager and his features are too blocky and nothing like his parents or brothers before the patch:
    15465907695_97cc1cba08_o.png

I then altered his appearance with more of what his parents and siblings have looked like:
    15279269928_294ef8e1eb_o.png

Then I returned him to the child state and jumped back to teenager and these facial features stayed. So then I jumped the above teenager image to YA and his features, lips too I have noticed, all changed again. It seems like all their lips thin out also:
    15465907585_528c846157_o.png

Then I altered the face AGAIN (setting him back as close as I could to the teenager look), at this adult stage before making him an older adult, this is how he looked right before aging him again:
    15462758811_5f2772f66a_o.png

And this is what he looked like after:
    15279333507_0ca27162d5_o.png

So it seems most of his genetics are thrown out the window with every age change, and he gets smaller eyes, broader jaw, and thin lips. It's annoying the PLUM out of me!
    Alexander Goth just aged up to a teen in my game, and it's not pretty.

I snagged this pic of him from another thread. It's how he aged up to teen in someone else's game, pre-patch: 2014-09-13_11-37_zps962ed0f4.png

He looks like this in mine:
    Alexander-teen_crop.png

Not only did his jaw widen, but his whole face seems to have lengthened, too. Ack!
    Simley wrote: »
    I imagine it would eventually transfer into the female population too, if the small eyes are part of the fathers' genetics. Eventually everyone in town would have small eyes.

That's exactly what's happened to my female child Sim. Her father was affected with boulder-jaw and squinty-eye syndrome. Unfortunately for her, she took after her father's genes and ended up looking like this.

vgopb8.png

Yeesh if the eyes are supposed to get smaller as she ages, I'm scared to see her as a teenager. Will she even have eyes?!
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Thanks for bringing this issue up. I had no idea this happened. My sims are so close to aging up, so I'm glad I found out about this! Here's my picture contribution.
    osvgd2.jpg
    Ugh my poor sim!
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    It's amazing to see it in Create-A-Sim. There isn't any random generation of male faces now, at least not young adult faces. You can hit randomize but you just get the same face over and over with different skin colors etc.

I'm glad the gurus are on it. The genetics were great in this game originally. I don't want to play my regular save anymore (well, it's already kind of ruined). I'm going to start a new game and do a challenge, something I've never done before. Hopefully it will keep me busy till this is fixed. Thanks again to everyone who brought this to light, especially @pguida.
  • Options
    Simley wrote: »
    It's amazing to see it in Create-A-Sim. There isn't any random generation of male faces now, at least not young adult faces. You can hit randomize but you just get the same face over and over with different skin colors etc.

I'm glad the gurus are on it. The genetics were great in this game originally. I don't want to play my regular save anymore (well, it's already kind of ruined). I'm going to start a new game and do a challenge, something I've never done before. Hopefully it will keep me busy till this is fixed. Thanks again to everyone who brought this to light, especially @pguida.

You're welcome. I just want this fixed so I can go back to fully enjoying my game.
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    Not sure if it's too late to contribute here but I noticed this with my Don Lothario Sim! I aged him down (and the Calientes) to teens so they could be contemporary with Cassandra Goth. Don later aged up naturally (with a birthday cake). Here he is as a teen and as a young adult.

mltiqc.png
    312uwlz.png
  • Options
    renzilla wrote: »
    Not sure if it's too late to contribute here but I noticed this with my Don Lothario Sim! I aged him down (and the Calientes) to teens so they could be contemporary with Cassandra Goth. Don later aged up naturally (with a birthday cake). Here he is as a teen and as a young adult.

mltiqc.png
    312uwlz.png

Thank you! I'll add it to the OP.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    I just randomized female sims in CAS, and they are very very similar to eachother. Almost identical acctually.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    KesmetKesmet Posts: 42 Member
    edited October 2014
    I just checked my game after reading this thread and it seems like I have this glitch too. I'm not going to play until this is fixed. Origin should at least give us an option whether or not we want to download a patch. In previous games I never downloaded patches as soon as they came out for this reason. :\
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    I just randomized female sims in CAS, and they are very very similar to eachother. Almost identical acctually.
    @ZhakiraP Yes I noticed it too! They don't have the "small eyes and wide jaw" problem, instead they all look very similar to eachother. I thought I was just imagining it.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Bump

I haven't had time to read all the pages added to this since yesterday and I have to run soon. But I THINK one of those Guru threads stickied at the top, "afternoon edition" will be opening soon.

It's getting a little confusing with so many stickied Guru threads, and the "new" ones are from September and they're reviving them apparently?

Anyhow maybe someone will post this issue on it. I'll try IF I'm home when it's open, I'm not in Pacific time.
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I'm still stalking this thread and thank plumbobs @SimGuruLyndsey knows about this, too. That's what... 3 Gurus now who are aware of the problem? That makes me feel much better. If they know about it, they can try to fix it. It also confirms that we're not just crazy people nitpicking about stuff that isn't even a glitch; the Gurus have acknowledged this shouldn't be happening with every male Sim.

I'll continue playing my 100 Baby Challenge with aging on since I don't really care about how the kids look in that file; only that I have as many as possible in each generation and then I take over with a female Sim when the previous child-bearer gets too old and the glitch doesn't affect girls anyway so I'm good.

I'm worried about my legacy challenges that I HAVE to keep playing because I write stories about them and people expect new chapters. Yikes...
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @Ashleigh825, if you ask, your readers might be willing to wait a little bit to see if this can be fixed soonish. It would be a shame if your genetics got messed up. That can be long lasting in a legacy.

Also, that Don looks nothing like the in-game Don that ships with the game. That ought to be proof for anyone if they still need it.
  • Options
    @Ashleigh825, if you ask, your readers might be willing to wait a little bit to see if this can be fixed soonish. It would be a shame if your genetics got messed up. That can be long lasting in a legacy.

Also, that Don looks nothing like the in-game Don that ships with the game. That ought to be proof for anyone if they still need it.

Yeah, maybe. I was thinking of just manually fixing them in full edit CAS but I would really prefer if they aged up properly the natural way.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I don't suppose there's room for a storyline about mysterious face-changing and same-seeming new people all moving to town ...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I don't suppose there's room for a storyline about mysterious face-changing and same-seeming new people all moving to town ...

LOL well that might fit with one of my legacies, actually. They're a sciency, experimental bunch! :p

But in all seriousness, this is a major problem, especially when combined with Aging Off being broken. We can't play with Aging On because all our male Sims will have their genetics borked and then pass the same borked genetics onto all their kids both male and female, but we can't play with Aging Off either because it's broken right now and Sims will age anyway.

Our only other option until one or both these things gets fixed is to just not play. The Sims 4 is my favourite game, what am I supposed to do without my Simmies? :'(

• Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Waiting for the Q&A thread to open for today....is anyone here prepared to post a question for them regarding this issue?
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top