Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Archaeology Career Idea

katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
An idea I had for the future. No, this isn't a peckish demand, or a complaint.

I notice how there seems to be a career for most every Aspiration Type. For instance, the Astronaut career synergizes well with the Bodybuilder aspiration, since Astronauts have to work out a lot for their promotion requirements. Or how a Painter career does well with a Painting aspiration.

Athletic - Astronaut
Creativity - Painter (Also Writer, and Musician Branch of Entertainer.)
Deviance - Criminal
Food - Culinary
Knowledge - Tech Guru
Love - Secret Agent (Diamond Agent requires daily romantic interactions)
Popularity - Entertainer (Comedian branch specifically.)

So there are still no careers which synergize with Family, Fortune, or Nature. Family could have an Education career to take care of kids. Branches could split off into Daycare Administrator, or Teacher of the Year. Fortune would do well with a Business career. Branches could maybe split off into CEO or Day Trader branches.

But my main love and infatuation would be an Archaeology Career which works with the Nature aspirations.

1. Display Cleaner
- Working at the history museum is a winding road. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Yours begins with a push broom.
- Reward: NONE
- Promotion Requirements: Clean one sink, bathtub, or shower. Read one Non-Fiction Book.
- Daily Task: Browse Simpedia.
- Ideal Mood: Focused

2. Night Watchman
- After long hours picking up discarded pamphlets, you're now being trusted to make sure the exhibits never leave the museum at night. So equip your trusty snap activated flashlight and witty banter. You are now a Night Watchman.
- Reward: Museum Standee.
- Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 3 of Charisma Skill. Have 2 Friends.

3. Museum Receptionist
- You've heard the recorded narrations so often you can recite them by heart. You've seen the displays so many times you've memorized the steps to reach them. For your expertise, they have made you the Museum Receptionist.
- Reward: Enthuse about History Social
- Promotion Requirements: Enthuse about History with 3 other Sims. Find a Fossil.

4. Fossil Fixer
- Based on your meticulous record, you are now being allowed behind the scenes as a Fossil Fixer. Excitement awaits spending hours hunched over a table, staring a fossils through a magnifying glass, and cleaning off dirt.
- Reward: Mummy Tomb Map, New CAS Parts (Multi-Lens Glasses)
- Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 3 of Logic Skill. View or Admire three sculptures.

5. Tour Guide
- After back-aching labor working with tiny brushes and chisels, you are now a Tour Guide given an even more monumental task; Leading children through exhibits and keeping them off the dinosaur skeletons. The horror!
- Reward: Research Natural History on the computer. Display Plaque.
- Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 5 of Charisma Skill. Research Natural History for Three Hours. Go to work feeling Focused.

6. Exhibit Expert
- Now that you're an Exhibit Expert, the Curator clique has been snickering at you behind their bowties and thick rimmed glasses. But you'll show them. You'll show them all some day!
- Reward: Golden Pharaoh Bust.
- Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 5 of Logic Skill. Find Three Fossils.

- Then it branches into the Head Historian and Tomb Raider paths. -

Head Historian Branch
7. History Buff
- You've come this far and now you have a bowtie of your own. You can now call yourself a History Buff. When people see you, they may laugh, but hey; bow ties are cool.
- Reward: Fancy Rope Fence
- Promotion Requirements: Own a Microscope. Use Microscope for three hours.
- Daily Task: Research Natural History.

8. Curator Companion
- The eccentric Curator of the museum invited you into his 'office' (a small blue police box) to promote you! Congratulations, you are a Curator Companion. Gee, it sure looks bigger on the inside...
- Reward: Softbeams TM Spotlight. Bore to Death Social. (Applies Bored status on targets, while increasing friendship.)
- Promotion Requirements: Reach Logic Skill 8. Bore three Sims.

9. Archaeology Professor
- The famous Doctor Bones has promoted you to Archaeology Professor. Many ask what gave him the right, but he's a Doctor, darnit!
- Reward: Dinosaur Skeleton Statue. Ability to Write a History Book.
- Promotion Requirements: Reach Level 8 Charisma Skill. Have 8 Friends. Write a History Book.

10. Head Historian
- And they all said you'd never make it, but here you are, in charge of the museum. Truly a king among nerds. Congratulations, you are a Head Historian.
- Reward: Connery Corner Collectible Case (Can be used to hold up to 8 single tile tiles or 16 small tiles items, including fossils, metals, gems, and My Sims Trophies.), New CAS Parts (Curator Outfit, with tweed jacket, suspenders, and bow tie. Something very Doctor Who-ish. Available on both genders.)
- Promotion Requirements: NONE

Ruin Raider Branch

7. Bone Digger
- Your days spending time amongst old objects inside dusty buildings are over! Feeling the need to stretch your legs you can now explore the world to discover NEW old objects inside dusty buildings.
- Reward: Burn Proof Wall Torch
- Promotion Requirements: Own a Helicopter*. Launch Helicopter three times.
- Daily Task: Helicopter Missions
- Ideal Mood: Confident

8. Relic Finder
- With your trusty duster, whip, and fez-hatted chum, you're now in the business of treasure. Her sirens' call lures you to seek out new adventures as a Relic Finder.
- Reward: Priceless Pirate Ruby, Brag about Adventures Social (Applies Energized moodlet on targets, while increasing friendship.)
- Promotion Requirements: Reach level 4 Athletic Skill. Brag About Adventures with Three Sims.

9. Avid Explorer
- Being an Avid Explorer requires cunning, skill, and rugged charm. Keep moving forwards! No really, there's a giant boulder rolling after you!
- Reward: Anubis Statue, Ability to Write an Adventure Book.
- Promotion Requirements: Reach level 8 Athletic Skill. Have 8 Friends. Write an Adventure Book.

10. Ruin Raider
- No matter how dark or trap infested, your brains and talent have made you a world-class explorer. Congratulations, you are a true Ruin Raider.
- Reward: Mummy Sarcophagus (Interactable for Sleep, Applies "Slumbered like a Mummy Moodlet" boosting Confidence.), New CAS Parts (Raider outfit. Something "Indiana Jones" or "Nathan Drake" for guys, and something a bit more "Lara Croft" for Ladies.)
- Promotion Requirements: Reach level 8 Athletic Skill. Have 8 Friends. Write an Adventure Book.

***The Helicopter is an idea for a new Skill Object like the Rocket Ship. You build a trusty chopper, and can go on choose your own adventure missions exploring ruins, fighting bad guys, discovering treasure, diving into sunken galleons, etc. Using this object will grant random Metal/Fossil/Gem collectibles, or even Postcards. If the helicopter is not feasible, then I leave it to your judgement.

Rewards for all careers could include an Egyptian bust, an old map, a Museum Standee, and a display plaque. Historian branch will get you fancy spotlights, a fancy rope fence, a dinosaur skeleton statue, a nice display case for collectibles, and a CAS Curator suit. Raider branch will get you a priceless ruby decorative object, Anubis statue, wall torch, a sarcophagus you can sleep in, and CAS outfits subtly resembling Indiana Jones.

New interactions let you enthuse about history, talk about fossils, joke about mummies. Promotion requirements involve reading books, collecting fossils, and increasing the logic skill.

It would be neat if there was also an Archaeology or Collecting skill which is raised when you use dig spots, or with that helicopter skill object I mentioned which, like the rocket ship, does a choose your own adventure for exploring tombs and things. Collecting skill improvements let you...
Lvl 1 - Learn the Skill
Lvl 2 - Dig faster
Lvl 3 - No change.
Lvl 4 - Find uncommon items more often.
Lvl 5 - Reduce frog breeding cooldown
Lvl 6 - Sell for more.
Lvl 7 - Free Geo Council mail-ins
Lvl 8 - Get additional items from deposits
Lvl 9 - Find Rares more often.
Lvl 10 - "Identify Object" action so you never have to call the geo council.

Thoughts?
Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
Post edited by katoregama on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    katoregama wrote: »

Thoughts?

YES PLEASE
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member

Thoughts?

YES PLEASE

This.
  • marleenw51marleenw51 Posts: 99 Member
    oh heck yeah
    Kim
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Yes, please.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    This whole idea makes me all kinds of giddy. I would love this so much.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    It's a great idea, however...you are now under arrest by the Grammar Police, the word is spelt "Archaeology". B)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited October 2014
    KevWalker wrote: »
    It's a great idea, however...you are now under arrest by the Grammar Police, the word is spelt "Archaeology". B)

You know, I kept typing Archaeology but my spell-checker didn't like that.

EDIT: Fixed a couple of instances of that.
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    KevWalker wrote: »

You know, I kept typing Archaeology but my spell-checker didn't like that.

EDIT: Fixed a couple of instances of that.

I have mine turned off, it's more trouble than it's worth. I was just kidding anyway, it's a cool idea.
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Totally love it

Now map us out a vet career please , seeing as you did so well with the Archaelogy one :)
    simmese wrote: »
    Totally love it

Now map us out a vet career please , seeing as you did so well with the Archaelogy one :)

Honestly I would put a Veterinarian career as an early branch of a medical job. Knowing Sims 4 at least, they like to have some pretty widely diverging paths. Piano playing VS telling jokes for instance. Vets I would make a Medical branch, with the other being surgeon. Care of People VS Care of animals. Starting tiers you're just cleaning stuff, then maybe at Tier 5 you branch off between Nurse Intern and Animal Adoption Agent.
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    Excellent idea. I hope EA takes note.
    Katnap wrote: »
    I hope EA takes note.

I could always mention this in the stickied Feedback topic, but otherwise it'll be gone by tonight for sure, lol.
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Id prefer the vet career to be totally separate from the medical career though
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Yes please I want an archaeology career too!
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    Could there be an Indiana Jones branch, mixing up professor with tomb raider? :)

Jk, love the idea !
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited October 2014
    MrGodard wrote: »
    Could there be an Indiana Jones branch, mixing up professor with tomb raider? :)

Jk, love the idea !

If this shows up as a career I am totally making an Indy sim and maybe a Lara Croft one too. :D
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    EA, Maxis, hire this guy!!!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Lucofizzfranny89Lucofizzfranny89 Posts: 172 Member
    This is a great idea!! I hope everyone see's this and comments and the Guru's take note. Kudos to the poster above me - I agree!!

I studied History at University and always wanted to be an Archaeologist so this is an amazing idea!!!
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    I love these ideas, yes please!
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    This is a great idea and very well thought out. Nice job. cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Wonderful idea! I would love that!! I would also love the vet career, maybe that could be implemented with a Pets EP?
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    I love it! Great idea!
    mTp8aXz.jpg
    simmese wrote: »
    Id prefer the vet career to be totally separate from the medical career though

It probably would be if it were in-game. I don't know how they plan to handle the pets, so it's hard to make a judgement call. Another idea would just to have an Animal Care career which splinters off between Veterinarian and Animal Whisperer branches. Like a 'medical animal treatment' VS holistic and psychological treatment. Or perhaps Vet VS Trainer.

Ha ha ha, when they release the pets pack, I hope they turn cats into collectibles. Get the "Crazy Cat Guy/Lady" achievement for finding all 20 breeds. XD

Glad to see Archaeology spawns some enthusiasm. I see it as a way to get my Al Simhara fix within current game constraints.

I could do without the Mummy lifestate though. They had novelty, but their flammability, slow walking speed, and making sims cancel everything to gasp in fright was not very helpful.
  • Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    How very down to earth.. i can dig that :)
    200.gif