Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Different coffee types?

So I was using the debug cheat yesterday to help add a few touches to my sims home when I came across a bunch of mugs..some were the different teas you can brew with the teapot we have and the others were different types of coffee. From what I remember there was americano and a mint flavored one as well as a latte. My question is where can our sims make them? I've tried all the in game coffee makers and no luck even being upgraded...

The only other option I see is maybe these are a feature to be implemented later on.
- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
alliesim02
The Scott Legacy

Comments

• meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Not that I know of. It does make me tempted to check with a sim that has a maxed out their mixology though, but I wouldn't count on that.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Different coffee types?

Wrong:
    debug cheat

Right:
    Join modders, make a mod.
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    It may be something that will be added in later, or it could be something that was removed. Or, it could just be something they kicked around with and changed their minds about. The world may never know.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I didn't yesterday but I might try and buy one of the mugs to see if they are drinkable and maybe have an effect on their emotions.
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    It shouldn't be too hard for EA to add in another step to the "Brew Coffee" process, it already exists for tea and means they could add a decaff option for those who don't want the "Energised" emotion.
    Ok they are not drink-able yet. At least from debug. The types are Americano, Latte, Raspberry Mocha and Soy Mint Mocha. My next step it like a previous poster said, maybe a level 10 mixologist can make them!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    maybe a level 10 mixologist can make them!
    No.

Mods. Make mods.

• horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    maybe a level 10 mixologist can make them!
    No.

Mods. Make mods.

Why are you trying to convince the OP to make mods?
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Being a RL Coffee lover , I hope there will be more to "coffee" this time around.
    (I am still unhappy with how little Coffee beans did from Sims 3 -so many beans , but ...)

Why are you trying to convince the OP to make mods?
    Everyone, not just OP.

Being a RL Coffee lover , I hope there will be more to "coffee" this time around.
    (I am still unhappy with how little Coffee beans did from Sims 3 -so many beans , but ...)

I really want a nice coffee shop/hangout. Or even like a donut/coffee shop.. something along those lines. My husband and I met while working at a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins so I have a soft spot for coffee shops lol

alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited October 2014
    Could it be the locked coffee pot? "The Schmapple Coffee"

edit to add: I don't have my game on and looked in the Prima guide saw the coffee pot locked but being Prima no description. :\
  • CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited October 2014
    I noticed this too, and also in a coffee mod someone made, (nothing to do with coffee flavors) I noticed that the different coffee flavors had been included in the mod--so it's in the coding to have different flavors, at least partly. But because currently Maxis only uses the default normal coffee, there aren't any choices when you brew it. I imagine the flavor choices were left out accidentally. All my coffee pots in game only brew one coffee choice...regular coffee.

Also... @JoxerTM22 There's nothing wrong with viewing debug cheats, or ingame cheats in general. Many people who do this (such as myself) don't necessarily do it to cheat the game...but are interested in the behind the scenes workings of the game. You need to be interested in these things to be a modder. Or just those who tend to be curious how things work in life in general...tend to look at cheat menus, debugging, etc.
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Could it be the locked coffee pot? "The Schmapple Coffee"

edit to add: I don't have my game on and looked in the Prima guide saw the coffee pot locked but being Prima no description. :\

I've tried all of them.. but I'm testing right now to see if maybe it's a mixology skill or if you need to be in a certain emotion to make them.
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Perhaps you need to max the gourmet cooking skill? I haven't played with that yet, but that might be the skill needed, if the coffees are available at the moment.
  • caleecalee Posts: 24 Member
    > @allisoneg02 said:
    > SimplySimazing wrote: »
    >
    > Being a RL Coffee lover , I hope there will be more to "coffee" this time around.
    > (I am still unhappy with how little Coffee beans did from Sims 3 -so many beans , but ...)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I really want a nice coffee shop/hangout. Or even like a donut/coffee shop.. something along those lines. My husband and I met while working at a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins so I have a soft spot for coffee shops lol

If we do get a coffee shop/hangout, I'm hoping it's done a lot better than it was in the Sims 3. The disappearing cups were annoying. The option to have a cup of coffee together would be really nice.
    I don't think they are.. or if they are they are hidden really well! I just spent the last hour maxing my sims mixology and that wasn't it.. tried all sorts of emotions... *sigh*
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    They had different coffee and tea options in TS3 iirc. That would be a nice touch to this game.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    I would like a mint chip mocha latte.
    I was hoping it was the unlockable coffee pot but it's not... I wish a guru would chime in and let us know if these were scrapped or are in the game somewhere!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    I read that you can upgrade the coffee machines with a high handy skill. I haven't tried it though. I'm sure I read on sims vip. I will try and find it x
    Gallery xbecky685x
    My sim has level 10 handiness and has upgraded their coffee pot but there's still no options (that I see)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    I can't find what I thought I read so just ignore me x
    Gallery xbecky685x
    It's ok!! It's very perplexing.. I hope if it's not in game already buried somewhere it means we're going to have a new venue soon where we can buy them ;)
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • VanillaAngelzVanillaAngelz Posts: 48 Member
    Maybe someone could make a mod for that someday...
    There was something like it for the sims 3 though, too bad it isn't been made for the sims 4.
    Anyway, it'd be nice to have new flavors of coffee! (We could make a starbucks)