Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Struggling with ghosts, any help would be great

I'm sure I read it was possible to add a ghost sim to your household, anyone know if it can be done & if so how?

I've become friends with one ghost & the girlfriend of another ghost but neither gives me the option to add the ghost to the family or let me play as a ghost?
.. PeachyMama, Sims addict since the Sims 1 ..

7xy4p1.png

Comments

• makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Well normally when you're close friends with a ghost you get the friendly option 'ask to join household'. Also if you want to add one even faster you could always download a ghost from the gallery :)
  • PeachyMamaPeachyMama Posts: 136 Member
    That option doesn't come up for some reason, I can do everything but that option which is what I don't understand :(
    .. PeachyMama, Sims addict since the Sims 1 ..

7xy4p1.png
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    Well normally when you're close friends with a ghost you get the friendly option 'ask to join household'. Also if you want to add one even faster you could always download a ghost from the gallery :)

Heh, good idea! I might try this (thanks @makanivalur !)
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    PeachyMama wrote: »
    That option doesn't come up for some reason, I can do everything but that option which is what I don't understand :(

Sorry, no idea what the problem might be then. It came up for me just fine when my sim's father passed away... Maybe they have to have lived at your lot while they were still alive? Not sure.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    PeachyMama wrote: »
    Invite to household line definetly appears in friendly chat options if you maxed friendship with someone (green line full).
    If it doesn't appear in your game - remove mods.

More details with pic included:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12798896/#Comment_12798896

But it's not the only issue nor question about ghosts lately.
    Perhaps we need a sort of a guide about ghosts? With all possibilities on how to kill a sim, mourining honeypot bug, how to add a ghost to the household, what actions ghost sims can perform, etc?
  • MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    I can't get the option to come up either. The ghosts in question lived at the lot before they died but my Sim did not. The prior residents died in a fire while my Sim was visiting. My Sim liked their house and since it was available to buy after they died, she did and the ghosts came with the house. My Sims is close friends with them but the option doesn't come up to invite them to join the household.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    It didn't come up immediately for me, with maxed out friendship, but as the sims kept talking under friendly options - it eventually appeared. Hope you get it sorted.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Yeah you have to have a REALLY good friendship with them. They mentioned in the Twitch broadcast convincing a ghost to leave their tombstone (aka join your household) is difficult. I had two married sims with maxed relationship. After the husband died and came back as a ghost it took some time to get the option to come up, even with their friendship bar maxed. Just keep spamming friendly interactions and be sure to check under friendly because it may not pop up under the initial interaction menu when it's available.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    I finally added a ghost to my game! Two in fact! The prior occupants of my Sims house. Thanks for all the help!