Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery now a waste of time.

I did enjoy having the gallery seeing how fast the town goes empty but now I'm getting incomplete Sims do to custom content garbage.Please tell there is a filter or something to remove these custom content Sims.Thank you

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    What ?.I swear the age level around here is dropping by the day.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    There should at least be a statement or check box to the effect that "This Sim, Lot, (whatever) contains 3rd-party content." I don't mind if people use or want CC, but it'd be nice for uploads to be identified with such.
    Using it is fine but like you said we need to know.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I thought there was a filter for cc. I don't go to the gallery much, but I was sure there was a tick box for custom content.
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited October 2014
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I thought there was a filter for cc. I don't go to the gallery much, but I was sure there was a tick box for custom content.

Some people don't tell the truth about their content.
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    What ?.I swear the age level around here is dropping by the day.

from the moderator's studies
    its been proven with each day that passed.
    the age level of forum members is dropping at a rate of 1.37 years.
    so...
    if im not mistaken; the current numerical equivalent of age for this forums is...
    -78.09 years old.
    Oh well I gotta go know create 6 households do to a borked gallery.Thank you
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    cooli02000 wrote: »

That was one of the concerns before game release.

That was one of the concerns before game release.

the world is filled with lies and liars.
    theres so many examples of liars
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member

To clarify, what I meant was that the Gallery would have its own filter checkpoint and add the notation to the upload description. Something like how the Sims 3 Exchange would list all the Store content that was contained in an upload, only for Sims 4 it would check for non-EA, 3rd-party content contained in the upload, and make a notation to that effect somehow.

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I did enjoy having the gallery seeing how fast the town goes empty but now I'm getting incomplete Sims do to custom content garbage.Please tell there is a filter or something to remove these custom content Sims.Thank you

I don't upload stuff with CC for that reason.

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • CrunchyDreamerCrunchyDreamer Posts: 128 Member

Is it a requirement? Part of the terms and conditions of using the gallery? I don't bother to indicate whether there is cc or not because I'm using the gallery as a backup save of sorts. (Yes, I'm aware that EA may decide to cull unpopular content later on. I won't protest about that.) I don't advertise, so no one finds or downloads my content anyway. If the gallery is able to detect custom content (since it won't allow it to be uploaded or downloaded), perhaps EA should automate the process to indicate whether a Sim or lot comes with cc.
    yeah i agree...
    occassionally i want to download a beautiful sim someone made
    in a pack of a group of female sims.. (a household)

and the results end up like this most of the time

tumblr_na62kiiFWG1s1t221o1_500.jpg

Rest In peace Robin Williams.. Even in death you still make me laugh TT u TT
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    You can search with the hashtag #NoCC to weed it out that way but I don't think there's a specific filter in place for it and it's all on the honor system so if someone doesn't include the tag, know about it or lies, you'll still run into it.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    There should at least be a statement or check box to the effect that "This Sim, Lot, (whatever) contains 3rd-party content." I don't mind if people use or want CC, but it'd be nice for uploads to be identified with such.

There's the gold star that identifies Sims and lots with premium content that not everyone may have (for example the bonuses that came with Sims 4 like Life of the Party and Up All Night; there should be a way to identify what Sims and lots have CC.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • evetfootwearevetfootwear Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have uploaded a few of my families and will be uploading many more, no cc as I don't want to wreak havoc in my game. You are welcome to have a look, user name is the same.
    Follow The Stamper Legacy at: http://cinnamonwinter.wordpress.com/
    And check out my creations in the gallery under the origin ID: evetfootwear
  • Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    You can filter out custom content on the left side tool bar in the gallery
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Any sim I upload with CC is clearly marked in the description, the others are marked with the #CCFree tag because I didn't know about the #NoCC, which is good because you can't trust that one. There are others using #CCFree, check that too.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Personally I wish that it would be impossible to share items with CC.
    Yes, I am that irritated with people who either do not set out the CC tag, or worse lie and set the #NoCC tag. There are A LOT of plums out there that are either just too dumb, or deliberately troll others.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

You are supposed to remember exactly what came in this base game so when you see something different you will know it contains custom content. :o They need to add the caution sign like from TS2 or the warning of the DL that's already there. Because I can tell you not everyone remembers to say their stuff doesn't contain CC (I don't say my stuff doesn't have CC) and some don't when I know by looking at it it's CC. I agree with your point, expecting that dress to come over into my game, not, it's CC. There is no need is there for anyone to offer CC on the gallery it doesn't port over anyway. So, why waste the time creating something totally different no one can share? Seems like a waste of time to put that stuff in the gallery for DL anyway.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2014
    Cinebar wrote: »

You are supposed to remember exactly what came in this base game so when you see something different you will know it contains custom content. :o

Impossible for 2 reasons.

#1 Small details. The CC I did download and use is mostly bonus eye colours and make-up and would be hard to spot. If someone downloaded them, at least the sim they get would have their eye colour replaced by a default and just have no make-up...

#2 Everyday Outfits Only are shown in the Gallery on sims. You can't tell if another outfit is CC. They could have a party dress that is cc and would result in the sim showing up at your party in their underwear.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Jlm0072012 wrote: »

c3e508509d.png

"Unowned Content" unchecked, still see that sim with the CC hair on the top right.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    // take me back to 2018.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »
    Jlm0072012 wrote: »

c3e508509d.png

"Unowned Content" unchecked, still see that sim with the CC hair on the top right.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Doesn´t work for me either.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    "Unowned content" is for official expansions only.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    "Unowned content" is for official expansions only.

No I get that, my post was meant to come off as a sarcastic/snarky response since I get tired of people saying that there's a such feature in the game when there isn't.
    // take me back to 2018.