Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Hopefully we get a patch between now and November's pool patch that fixes this somewhat major issue. This really bothers me as well. My female Sims seem to age properly though.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I'm playing a 100 Baby Challenge and that seems like a good file to run tests on because I'll have lots of different fathers and their offspring to look at. Most of the fathers are afflicted with BSS (Boulder-Jawed, Squinty-Eyed Syndrome) so when these children age into teens, I will post pics of how they've progressed for both males and females. Sorry I can't post pics sooner but 100 Baby files have a tendency to blow up because ZOMG SO MANY BABIES and I don't want to cheat to age them up in CAS and risk glitching anything out.
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Eyes shrink when you get older,that is as EA planned. It cant be changed.

I don't think it's the eyes; it's the skin around the eyes which often droops or gains a bit of weight with age. Also connective tissue loses some elasticity. This can make the eye sink a bit into the socket. The eye itself does not change size. Noses droop for the same reason and ears can grow a bit longer because of cartilage breakdown. Curse you, Nature!
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2014
    I noticed this too, and I made a thread a few days ago both here and the bug forum. It REALLY needs to be fixed ASAP.

And this isnt what EA intended at all. Below, you can see how my Sim aged before the patch. Not only that, I took an adult Sim in CAS and aged him down to teen and adult, and he looked NOTHING like he was supposed to. The game literally overwrites the Sim's appearance with this bug. This can affect genetics.

6y7LGQS.png

s2sAONl.png

evTc6Nz.png

How the last Sim aged *BEFORE* the patch:
    rzKdpVH.png

• simmahsimmah Posts: 60 Member
    Oh wow. Is this really a bug? It has always been that way for me from the very beginning, so I assumed that was EA's way of making the guys more "manly" when they grow up. Larger eyes are normally associated with children/youth, so I thought they were making the eyes smaller and jaw larger on purpose. The problem is, because they made teens and adults exactly the same size, the head doesn't change size for adults. So to achieve the new "adult" proportions and differentiate between teens and adults, they have to shrink the eyes.

I hate it though, because it's true that all the guys end up looking the same and not as appealing as the women with their larger eyes. I do hope it's a bug that can be fixed and not something that was designed that way on purpose.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    edited October 2014
    Ok, from what I can tell in CAS at looks like ALL male ages have this issue. I tried a couple tests, aging a child to a teenager, seeing the eye and jaw glitch, correcting it manually, aging them again, and the jaws protrude out and the eyes shrink over and over and over. No matter how many times I corrected it, or at what age, it would all change on the next age up.

Here are some of the pics below...

This child was born to my main sim family so I brought him into full edit CAS:
    15279333867_7a39de0941_o.png

I aged him to a teenager and his features are too blocky and nothing like his parents or brothers before the patch:
    15465907695_97cc1cba08_o.png

I then altered his appearance with more of what his parents and siblings have looked like:
    15279269928_294ef8e1eb_o.png

Then I returned him to the child state and jumped back to teenager and these facial features stayed. So then I jumped the above teenager image to YA and his features, lips too I have noticed, all changed again. It seems like all their lips thin out also:
    15465907585_528c846157_o.png

Then I altered the face AGAIN (setting him back as close as I could to the teenager look), at this adult stage before making him an older adult, this is how he looked right before aging him again:
    15462758811_5f2772f66a_o.png

And this is what he looked like after:
    15279333507_0ca27162d5_o.png

So it seems most of his genetics are thrown out the window with every age change, and he gets smaller eyes, broader jaw, and thin lips. It's annoying the PLUM out of me!

Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
    Willow wrote: »
    So it seems most of his genetics are thrown out the window with every age change, and he gets smaller eyes, broader jaw, and thin lips. It's annoying the PLUM out of me!

Yup, same exact situation here too. It's horrible.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Simley wrote: »
    I imagine it would eventually transfer into the female population too, if the small eyes are part of the fathers' genetics. Eventually everyone in town would have small eyes.

That's exactly what's happened to my female child Sim. Her father was affected with boulder-jaw and squinty-eye syndrome. Unfortunately for her, she took after her father's genes and ended up looking like this.

vgopb8.png

Yeesh if the eyes are supposed to get smaller as she ages, I'm scared to see her as a teenager. Will she even have eyes?!

This is so messed up.

The whole point of playing for me is generations and genetics. Everything else is just fluff.
    Granted, fun fluff, but still fluff.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Okay so I can definitely confirm that this does not affect female Sims who are born in-game to non-afflicted parents. My Sim, June Greenwood had a daughter with Don Lothario who is of course not afflicted with this genetic glitch since he's premade (provided you don't age him up).

June and Don

zlango.png

This is their daughter, Jenna, as a child, then as a teenager. Pay no mind to the hair. She had brown hair as a child but aged up with grey hair which I of course didn't want on a teenager so I changed it to her mom's colour. That's another genetic problem but not related to the one being discussed in this thread.

126729g.png

As you can see, she retained her wide eyes and soft jaw when she aged and seems to look a bit like both her parents (maybe a little bit more like her mom, but that happens sometimes, it doesn't look off or alarming).

I have yet to age up a boy but I will post pictures when Jenna's half-brother ages up.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Okay, so this is definitely the most important bug to fix right now. Someone upstream said it has been reported? When?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    edited October 2014
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    I imagine it would eventually transfer into the female population too, if the small eyes are part of the fathers' genetics. Eventually everyone in town would have small eyes.

That's exactly what's happened to my female child Sim. Her father was affected with boulder-jaw and squinty-eye syndrome. Unfortunately for her, she took after her father's genes and ended up looking like this.

vgopb8.png

Yeesh if the eyes are supposed to get smaller as she ages, I'm scared to see her as a teenager. Will she even have eyes?!

This is so messed up.

The whole point of playing for me is generations and genetics. Everything else is just fluff.

Generation game play has played a massive role in the franchise since The Sims 2. It's a huge part of the way I play my game too. I can't do anything in my game until this is fixed. I think I'm also going to turn off automatic patches for TS4 too.

There's an ask a guru thread going on today at 2PM PST. We should bring this bug up in the thread.
    Okay, so this is definitely the most important bug to fix right now. Someone upstream said it has been reported? When?

@BeardedGeek Nope, there haven't been any patches since October 1st (the ghost patch, aka, the patch that caused this bug).

Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Generation game play has played a massive role in the franchise since The Sims 2. It's a huge part of the way I play my game too. I can't do anything in my game until this is fixed. I think I'm also going to turn off automatic patches for TS4 too.

There's an ask a guru thread going on today at 2PM PST. We should bring this bug up in the thread.

Most definetly. I went through my townies now, and the squinty-eyes-wide-jaw syndrome has affected the entire population. They just don´t look right.
    edited October 2014

Most definetly. I went through my townies now, and the squinty-eyes-wide-jaw syndrome has affected the entire population. They just don´t look right.

That's REALLY a bad -- many of us are going to have to restore our games to an earlier point in time or start over completely because of this bug.

It overwrites each Sim's genetics and appearance, so I don't think it's possible they could restore what the correct genetic info should be.
  • lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Alexander Goth just aged up to a teen in my game, and it's not pretty.

I snagged this pic of him from another thread. It's how he aged up to teen in someone else's game, pre-patch: 2014-09-13_11-37_zps962ed0f4.png

He looks like this in mine:
    Alexander-teen_crop.png

Not only did his jaw widen, but his whole face seems to have lengthened, too. Ack!
    I had Alex grow up a couple of weeks ago, and he looked like picture one.

This must be the worst bug imaginable! ARGHH. :s

That's REALLY a bad -- many of us are going to have to restore our games to an earlier point in time or start over completely because of this bug.

It overwrites each Sim's genetics and appearance, so I don't think it's possible they could restore what the correct genetic info should be.

Fun times ahead :|
  • lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    And the family I'm actually playing had a son that grew up to teen, also post-patch. His older brother (the heir) is almost at the top of his career. I don't want to start over! Grrr!

vgopb8.png

This is so messed up.

@BeardedGeek Nope, there haven't been any patches since October 1st (the ghost patch, aka, the patch that caused this bug).

Thanks! :) Though not what I asked; I meant "Someone have officially reported this bug in the appropriate forum?" Not "Have it been fixed already"

No point with us talking about it here, if nobody has officially reported it. If the Gurus have to find it by accident, so to speak, it will take much longer before it's fixed.
    @Beardedgeek

I think pguida reported it and it was aknowledged by a guru.
    @ZhakiraP
    Ok! Thanks!
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    @Beardedgeek

Yeah, several pages back. This is such a major problem that the volume of posts on it is high.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @Beardedgeek

@SimGuruZephyr noted it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12813419/#Comment_12813419
    + I've got a pile of links to this and other topics on the same thing and will, barring kids getting hit by busses etc., post to the 2-3 p.m. thread.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimsontheropeSimsontherope Posts: 291 Member
    165189dsq.jpg

Before and after the update... :/
    7FOHKlj.png
    Clothes, hairstyles, buildings, sims and objects available on my blog, Un Sims au Bout du Fil
    Origin ID simsontherope
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Tiro22222 wrote: »
    165189dsq.jpg

Before and after the update... :/

Geez, the teens are indistinguishable from the YA's. Great job EA.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Willow wrote: »
    Ok, from what I can tell in CAS at looks like ALL male ages have this issue. I tried a couple tests, aging a child to a teenager, seeing the eye and jaw glitch, correcting it manually, aging them again, and the jaws protrude out and the eyes shrink over and over and over. No matter how many times I corrected it, or at what age, it would all change on the next age up.

Here are some of the pics below...

This child was born to my main sim family so I brought him into full edit CAS:
    15279333867_7a39de0941_o.png

I aged him to a teenager and his features are too blocky and nothing like his parents or brothers before the patch:
    15465907695_97cc1cba08_o.png

I then altered his appearance with more of what his parents and siblings have looked like:
    15279269928_294ef8e1eb_o.png

Then I returned him to the child state and jumped back to teenager and these facial features stayed. So then I jumped the above teenager image to YA and his features, lips too I have noticed, all changed again. It seems like all their lips thin out also:
    15465907585_528c846157_o.png

Then I altered the face AGAIN (setting him back as close as I could to the teenager look), at this adult stage before making him an older adult, this is how he looked right before aging him again:
    15462758811_5f2772f66a_o.png

And this is what he looked like after:
    15279333507_0ca27162d5_o.png

Thank you. That really highlights the issue in a helpful manner.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top