Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
Since the last update, my game is severely glitched. All my sims get the same wide jaw and small eyes upon aging. They all end up looking too much alike and weird with such small eyes and large jaws.

I can create them in CAS the way I want, but, as I age them up or down, the eyes and jaws revert to this default.

Trying to ajust this the eyes jump up into the forehead.

It's messing up all of my sims and it is vey upsetting.

image.jpg
Young Adult

image.jpg
Teen

image.jpg
Adult

image.jpg
Young Adult

image.jpg
Teen

image.jpg
Adult

image.jpg

@SimGuruGraham; @SimGuruMax; @SimGuruSemedi; @SimGuruGrant; @SimGuruLyndsay

After removing the entire Electronic Arts folder from My Documents and having repaired the game through Origin, I go to Create-A-Sim and ramdomise sims. This is what I get, six times in a row, not skipping any sim:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sk8rblaze wrote: »
I noticed this too, and I made a thread a few days ago both here and the bug forum. It REALLY needs to be fixed ASAP.

And this isnt what EA intended at all. Below, you can see how my Sim aged before the patch. Not only that, I took an adult Sim in CAS and aged him down to teen and adult, and he looked NOTHING like he was supposed to. The game literally overwrites the Sim's appearance with this bug. This can affect genetics.

6y7LGQS.png

s2sAONl.png

evTc6Nz.png

How the last Sim aged *BEFORE* the patch:
rzKdpVH.png
Willow wrote: »
Ok, from what I can tell in CAS at looks like ALL male ages have this issue. I tried a couple tests, aging a child to a teenager, seeing the eye and jaw glitch, correcting it manually, aging them again, and the jaws protrude out and the eyes shrink over and over and over. No matter how many times I corrected it, or at what age, it would all change on the next age up.

Here are some of the pics below...

This child was born to my main sim family so I brought him into full edit CAS:
15279333867_7a39de0941_o.png

I aged him to a teenager and his features are too blocky and nothing like his parents or brothers before the patch:
15465907695_97cc1cba08_o.png

I then altered his appearance with more of what his parents and siblings have looked like:
15279269928_294ef8e1eb_o.png

Then I returned him to the child state and jumped back to teenager and these facial features stayed. So then I jumped the above teenager image to YA and his features, lips too I have noticed, all changed again. It seems like all their lips thin out also:
15465907585_528c846157_o.png

Then I altered the face AGAIN (setting him back as close as I could to the teenager look), at this adult stage before making him an older adult, this is how he looked right before aging him again:
15462758811_5f2772f66a_o.png

And this is what he looked like after:
15279333507_0ca27162d5_o.png

So it seems most of his genetics are thrown out the window with every age change, and he gets smaller eyes, broader jaw, and thin lips. It's annoying the PLUM out of me!
Alexander Goth just aged up to a teen in my game, and it's not pretty.

I snagged this pic of him from another thread. It's how he aged up to teen in someone else's game, pre-patch: 2014-09-13_11-37_zps962ed0f4.png

He looks like this in mine:
Alexander-teen_crop.png

Not only did his jaw widen, but his whole face seems to have lengthened, too. Ack!
Simley wrote: »
I imagine it would eventually transfer into the female population too, if the small eyes are part of the fathers' genetics. Eventually everyone in town would have small eyes.

That's exactly what's happened to my female child Sim. Her father was affected with boulder-jaw and squinty-eye syndrome. Unfortunately for her, she took after her father's genes and ended up looking like this.

vgopb8.png

Yeesh if the eyes are supposed to get smaller as she ages, I'm scared to see her as a teenager. Will she even have eyes?!
JeanBaby4 wrote: »
Thanks for bringing this issue up. I had no idea this happened. My sims are so close to aging up, so I'm glad I found out about this! Here's my picture contribution.
osvgd2.jpg
Ugh my poor sim!
renzilla wrote: »
Not sure if it's too late to contribute here but I noticed this with my Don Lothario Sim! I aged him down (and the Calientes) to teens so they could be contemporary with Cassandra Goth. Don later aged up naturally (with a birthday cake). Here he is as a teen and as a young adult.

mltiqc.png
312uwlz.png
Post edited by pguida on

Comments

• zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    I have the same issue. Here is a household consisting of the exact same sim (as saved in my gallery) twice:

tumblr_ncvrxfJfK51rt7tbuo1_500.png

One version started off as a young adult. The other was added as a teen and immediately aged up using a birthday cake. Face ends up different due to the aging process.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I saw another thread like this, yesterday I think, and it does sound a worry... I've not had a Sim age since the October 1st patch but now I'm feeling nervous. Pity the Guru threads have been inactive a while - this needs raising there too.
  • cowplantmilkcowplantmilk Posts: 27 Member
    > @kirkuk said:
    > I have the same issue. Here is a household consisting of the exact same sim (as saved in my gallery) twice:
    >
    >
    >
    > One version started off as a young adult. The other was added as a teen and immediately aged up using a birthday cake. Face ends up different due to the aging process.

Looks a bit Uguuu~ hahaha. Still very strange though, seems like maybe the normal "facial morphing" for aging is broken a bit.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited October 2014
    I honestly haven't noticed this because I haven't really been watching for it. I expect sims to change a little as they age up so if/when I have a sim who has some slight feature tweaks upon aging, I don't think much of it, just that that's what the features look like on an older sim. However, there is obviously a problem if the same exact sim came out looking that different just from aging up in game. EA really needs to look into fixing this issue because that's just not right.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    I honestly haven't noticed this because I haven't really been watching for it. I expect sims to change a little as they age up so if/when I have a sim who has some slight feature tweaks upon aging, I don't think much of it, just that that's what the features look like on an older sim. However, there is obviously a problem if the same exact sim came out looking that different just from aging up in game. EA really needs to look into fixing this issue because that's just not right.

The pictures above show you it's not normal. Look how teen and adult are markedly different from young adult.
  • CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    I have this bug also. Really hoping it will be fixed.
    I took three weeks making my whole new neighbourhoods. Now that I would finally play live mode, this happens!

I am beyond sad.

I don't want all my sims to change into small-eyed and wide-jawed.

Even when I radomise sims, they all have these features.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Ugh! This is so annoying. I'm keeping aging off for awhile then cause that would irk the crud outta me. This really, really needs to be fixed, otherwise they wasted a lot of resources and time designing the whole CAS program if everyone's just going to genericize over time anyway.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Hrm, that is weird the jawline does looks abnormally large and the eyes definitely get smaller. And it's happening to everyone? Are you using any mods or cheats?

Maybe John Travolta made his way through the lady sims in your town.

I'll test mod-free now and tell you the results.
  • KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited October 2014
    The issue is due to young adult age.

Face between teen --> Young adult is completely different, while face between teen --> adult is almost the same.
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Hrm, that is weird the jawline does looks abnormally large and the eyes definitely get smaller. And it's happening to everyone? Are you using any mods or cheats?

Maybe John Travolta made his way through the lady sims in your town.

Took my Mod folders out. The same happens to all male sims. It used to happen sometimes when it started. Now it happens all the time.

Even the randomise button only generates sims like this.

I don't think I'll be able to play if this keeps up!

Face between teen --> Young adult is completely different, while face between teen --> adult is almost the same.

However, it did not happen before. To me, only after the new patch.

The game does not randomise sims anymore, at any age, that do not have small eyes and a wide jaw.
  • zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited October 2014

It used to be like that for me too, ever since I installed the game, but now since the patch the young adult face 'sticks' right up through elder instead of getting fixed at the adult stage in my game. I wonder if they tried to fix the original issue but it went wrong?

kirkuk wrote: »

It used to be like that for me too, ever since I installed the game, but now since the patch the young adult face 'sticks' right up through elder instead of getting fixed at the adult stage in my game. I wonder if they tried to fix the original issue but it went wrong?

It may be it.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Wow, that should be fixed urgently.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Didn't I see a thread about this happening with male children, as well?

So....there seems to be some sort of aging glitch with the male Sims? The children (if I am remembering correctly) all get tiny little eyes. This expands upon that and gives them the little eyes with the large jaws.

Could you caption the images? I can't tell what are the teens, young adults, etc. I'm not being "funny", I seriously can't tell.

The blonde guy when his eyes go all the way up, is that what happens when you try to fix the eyes in CAS?
    The blonde guy when his eyes go all the way up, is that what happens when you try to fix the eyes in CAS?

Yes.

• MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    I didn't even know this was a bug! I just assumed all my sims age up ugly LOL. All my sims end up having large jaws.
    MissLarae wrote: »
    I didn't even know this was a bug! I just assumed all my sims age up ugly LOL. All my sims end up having large jaws.

I consider it a bug because it wasn't like this at all for me, before.
  • MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    edited October 2014
    pguida wrote: »

My sims aged up weird. They look so different from how they did when they were teens to young adults to adults. I wish I had taken a screenshot. Thank you for posting your issue. I didn't even know it was a problem since I assumed my sims just had bad genes or something lol.

pguida wrote: »

My sims aged up weird. They look so different from how they did when they were teens to young adults to adults. I wish I had taken a screenshot. Thank you for posting your issue. I didn't even know it was a problem since I assumed my sims just had bad genes or something lol.

They need to fix it. It's bad enough I'd give up playing it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Which ages are you seeing it happen at? Is it the YA age that's being glitched?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Which ages are you seeing it happen at? Is it the YA age that's being glitched?

All ages. Whatever age the sim is in, when he ages, he gets defaulted.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top