Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lost the option to Livestream on the computer?

Ever since I moved my sim to a new house, whenever I click on the computer and "Play games" I've lost the option to live stream. I've searched through all other tabs and still don't see it. Was wondering if anyone could help me?

Comments

• WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Ever since I moved my sim to a new house, whenever I click on the computer and "Play games" I've lost the option to live stream. I've searched through all other tabs and still don't see it. Was wondering if anyone could help me?

I have yet to find that option myself. I looked for it recently for my computer geek Sim and could not find it. Not sure if that was before or after the latest patch though.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Is your sim in the Tech Guru career? That's what they have to be in to do the live streaming.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Is your sim in the Tech Guru career? That's what they have to be in to do the live streaming.

Yes, mine is, maybe it's buried somewhere that I am not seeing? He keeps wanting to livestream but I haven't found the option to fulfill that.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    I started a new game where my sim made a living through doing livestream. When I loaded it yesterday she wasn't able to do it anymore but it was fine before. This might be a glitch :(.

My sim was able to do livestream and she wasn't in the Tech Guru career. Might be a glitch since the option vanished for me as well.
  • GamefanaticGamefanatic Posts: 2 New Member
    yeh hoping for anyone who knows any fixes.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    MissLarae wrote: »

My sim was able to do livestream and she wasn't in the Tech Guru career. Might be a glitch since the option vanished for me as well.

That's weird, must have been because they need to currently be in that career to do it. I had a sim that was in the tech guru career then had him quit without realizing I needed him to stay so he could still do livestreaming to fulfill his aspiration. So I had him rejoin and it was available again.

🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
    MissLarae wrote: »

That's weird, must have been because they need to currently be in that career to do it. I had a sim that was in the tech guru career then had him quit without realizing I needed him to stay so he could still do livestreaming to fulfill his aspiration. So I had him rejoin and it was available again.

Just checked my game and I'm wrong. I have 2 sims that play video games and one is a Tech Guru so I had them mixed up. The one I made recently was making money off of tournaments not doing live streams, sorry! It was the Tech Guru that was doing live streams so yup you probably have to be on that career.

• Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Pretty sure you not only have to be a TechGuru but also in the E-gamer branch to have this option.