Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cow plant query

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Yes cow plants take up a lot of room. My poor plant didn't live very long. I guess I didn't feed it enough. :(
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    Yes cow plants take up a lot of room. My poor plant didn't live very long. I guess I didn't feed it enough. :(

hence the great avi lol, nice one
  • Options
    JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member

Pity we cannot either have a grave for it or use that big skull for decoration or trophy. Or who knows? a rodeo with cowplants! Then my sexy cowboy will have the hands full for a while! ...pretty awesome.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Somebody posted they used the skull to decorate the family "graveyard".
  • Options
    Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    Still haven't got one myself:/
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Congrats, cow plants are addicting. I catch all of mine at the hidden Sylvan Glade area. If you take a large family and they all go fishing you should fill your pockets with a few at least.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    just be wary of the cow plant though, as my unfortunate ghost sim has discovered:
    View My Video
  • Options
    haley623haley623 Posts: 160 Member
    I got my cowberry seeds at the Desert Bloom fishing hole in Oasis Springs, and I've found about 5 there, but unfortunately whenever I've planted them, they never grow. In fact, right when my sim plants them, the dirt mound where she planted it disappears. That's happened to me every time. I planted each of them in their own planter, the large ones that have room for four plants. Idk if that makes a difference or not, but someone said they need to have enough room to grow... should I plant them in the ground instead? Does anyone else have this problem?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    edited October 2014
    haley623 wrote: »
    I got my cowberry seeds at the Desert Bloom fishing hole in Oasis Springs, and I've found about 5 there, but unfortunately whenever I've planted them, they never grow. In fact, right when my sim plants them, the dirt mound where she planted it disappears. That's happened to me every time. I planted each of them in their own planter, the large ones that have room for four plants. Idk if that makes a difference or not, but someone said they need to have enough room to grow... should I plant them in the ground instead? Does anyone else have this problem?

This is exactly the problem I had! I was using planters, my first one even showed a mound which i watered and then it disappeared! But the kind people on here told me it was a space problem, so I planted it out back, and it worked!

When I moved the adult plant it looks like it needs a 2x5 (maybe 2x6, can't remember!) grid of space. Wish it told you that when you planted it, I'm sure I've seen it in planters!, Try giving it more space! :)

• Options

I m finding mine needs feeding a lot!!
  • Options
    EtienneLucEtienneLuc Posts: 24 New Member
    I thought Cowplants kill sims. But in the video, it ate her then spat her back out (nasty and uncomfortable but alive) does this mean it doesn't kill them anymore? I found a berry but it's still in my sim's inventory because I figured I wouldn't have been able to grow it because I didn't want to get eaten.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    The first time they eat you, usually they spit you out. Try a second time, I've read that works for some. I think traits may also play a part.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    EtienneLuc wrote: »
    I thought Cowplants kill sims. But in the video, it ate her then spat her back out (nasty and uncomfortable but alive) does this mean it doesn't kill them anymore? I found a berry but it's still in my sim's inventory because I figured I wouldn't have been able to grow it because I didn't want to get eaten.

I believe they only eat sims if the sim "takes the bait". When the plant is hungry it puts out some "cake". If you choose to take the cake it'll eat you. If you just feed it it's fine. I don't think it randomly eats you. It could eat visiting sims if they choose to take the cake though.

You can also pet it and play with it.

I read that if it does eat a sim you can then milk the plant and you get a life essence that has the properties of the emotion the sim was in when (s)he died. Not sure if that's true, only had mine a while and he's been behaving himself!

• Options
    Are cow plants different colours or will they all end up looking the same?