Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curse you The Sims!

I went out today and spent $750 on a new desktop all because I saw some pics with better graphics than what my laptop can do. It's downloading on to this new pc now.

Then I have to go and put my tray on to a usb and move it over....all for my simmies. lol

Comments

• Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    You won't be sorry. The graphics are amazing. I know that when the Sims 4 store opens I am going to be cursing the sims too. I just can't help myself. :p
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I actually thought they were amazing til I saw other, more detailed, pics. lol
  • Options
    AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    Where did you find these detailed pictures?

And I hope you made sure that new desktop of yours actually has good specs for gaming ^_^
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    EA be like

[img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/3942474_o.gif[/img]
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    She bankin..
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Dunno what gfx card in that machine is, but it'd be a shame if you don't also buy Dragon Age: Inquisition.
    It's not a simulation game, but from what EA has shown so far, it's graphics is phenomenal.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I went out today and spent $750 on a new desktop all because I saw some pics with better graphics than what my laptop can do. It's downloading on to this new pc now.

Then I have to go and put my tray on to a usb and move it over....all for my simmies. lol

My entire Christmas wishlist consists of "SSD drive" and "new case that SSD drives can go in". I should probably add "everybody else leaving me alone to play Sims all holiday".
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    It has a Radeon graphics card. And no, EA isn't making me dance. I have said over and over that I don't play anything but the sims.

Geesh! I am trying to adapt to windows 8.1 all at the same time. BangHead.gif
  • Options
    ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    For once I pulled the long straw in my graphics card, it's high end and one of the supported one's, and the graphics are amazing.

You made the right choice.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'm wasting 1000$ on a new PC just to play Sims on... call me obsessed.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

According to you S3 lovers, I should have done this a long time ago. And you know my life to tell me I'm wasting my money?
  • Options

My entire Christmas wishlist consists of "SSD drive" and "new case that SSD drives can go in". I should probably add "everybody else leaving me alone to play Sims all holiday".

I don't know what an SSD drive is. riderhider.gif

Off to check to make sure my files transferred properly.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    EA be like

[img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/3942474_o.gif[/img]

Yeah, I've been there. :p
    EApuppetmster.jpg

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options

According to you S3 lovers, I should have done this a long time ago. And you know my life to tell me I'm wasting my money?

Where did I say you were wasting your money?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I just dropped a load on a new GTX 770, 2GB video card. I know the feeling. *sigh* After all I had to look at the beauty in ultra graphics. I am getting use to graphics now.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options

I believe she thinks your post was imitating her.
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    She was talking about herself not you. ;)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

I don't know what an SSD drive is. riderhider.gif

Off to check to make sure my files transferred properly.

An electronic version of an optical hard drive. It's much faster than your normal hard drive.
    I built my own desk top and put in a SSD. Windows boots up in seconds. Programs load faster.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

Nah, you are not wasting your money. You'll be really happy and that is what matters. I feel your pain on the Windows 8.1, I just got a new computer myself and it was XP. Good thing is, 8.1 is really easy to get a handle on and I actually really like it now. Good luck with your new computer!!
  • Options

Um no.. It wasn't. I never knew posts about getting new computers for Sims were automatically imitating her.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

Um no.. It wasn't. I never knew posts about getting new computers for Sims were automatically imitating her.

She's just defensive, I guess.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited October 2014
    A solid state drive is supposed to be much faster. I'd love one some day! BTW Have I mentioned I hate loading screens? Cause I do, though I tolerate them for the most part. That and having to redo the cheats after every loading screen. I know some play without cheats, I never do. :p

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options

I was trying to be nice, but if she's going to keep holding a grudge against me then I won't bother anymore.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member

I was trying to be nice, but if she's going to keep holding a grudge against me then I won't bother anymore.

I thought you were being nice also. Just saying you got a nice computer too. I also don't understand her getting so upset with what you said.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Build yourself a decent computer for less than $1000. Set for the next 4-5 years of computer gaming
    TL8ZBmw.gif