Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

friends decay making me not want to play

This is really ridiculous how do you go from having 5 friends to 0 in one day, some household make friends no problem and some can't for the life of them.

Comments

• brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    I don't know if you are ok with mods, but there is a good one to help with this over on Mod The Sims.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »
    This is really ridiculous how do you go from having 5 friends to 0 in one day, some household make friends no problem and some can't for the life of them.

A mod lets you costumise friends decay.

http://modthesims.info/d/534925
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    I use to use them when I played sims 1 and 2 but I don't know if I have to learn a whole lot of new stuff to do mods now with pc's changing so much so I guess I'm a little intimidated.
    Sims 4 is actually much easier to add mods. There are several good tutorials on this. I am not at my computer, or I'd post some links. Do you have a good suggestion @pguida?
    well when you get to your pc would you kindly post some for me? I usually play games on my xbox but I always played sims on pc cause I loved adding cc but I never really did too many mods but am anxious to try
    edited October 2014
    celeste821 wrote: »
    I use to use them when I played sims 1 and 2 but I don't know if I have to learn a whole lot of new stuff to do mods now with pc's changing so much so I guess I'm a little intimidated.

@celeste821

You basically download a zip file and place it at My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods.

And you are done. It's that simple.

Once in game, change decay at anytime.

Do you want it to decay at one fourth of the current speed?

CTRL+SHIFT+C and type in friendship.decay 25

Do you want romance to decay at half the current speed?

CTRL+SHIFT+C and type in romance.decay 50

You may use any percentage you want, if it's different from zero and below 1000.
    edited October 2014
    @celeste821

PS: Don't extract the file. Seriously, it's so easy you don't even do that. You literally place the file you download exactly as it is in the folder and you are done.
    ok I'll try
    Thanks @pguida! Beautifully explained :)
  • horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    brainybee wrote: »
    I don't know if you are ok with mods, but there is a good one to help with this over on Mod The Sims.

I would also recommend this mod. Very useful.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    While I know MODs Can "help" the game , I feel we shouldn't "HAVE" to use them .

And don't tell me EA "meant the game to be like that" .
    It's just base-game, and it seems already, a lot of MODS are needed.
    I am very bothered by this...

I've been keeping track of the game, until I get it . And I am starting to lose track of the glitches and issues that many need fixes and MODs for.

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    While I know MODs Can "help" the game , I feel we shouldn't "HAVE" to use them .
    Thumb up on this.

The friendship (but also "enemyship") is not balanced well, currently.

General game design idea is not bad: make relations decay fast globally, but there is a friend of the world aspiration that would make a sim who completes it not losing friends fast.

It all went down the toilet because the bonus trait (beloved = no friendship decay) was bugged since the game got released, is not working on all sims, and while it's IMO the most important thing in this game, it's still not fixed. I'm pretty sure many will disagree with me, some people despise aspirations, perhaps hate any kind of challenge and couldn't care less for the bug with beloved trait, but well, we all have a different taste.

• cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I agree that the friendship thing is not working at ALL well and we shouldn't have to rely on mods to fix it (though good to know a mod exists, haven't gotten over the lack on nraas mods for sims 4). I don't agree it should be about an achievement either, if I visited my friends daily, then I would have a lot more free time than I do. This issue, combined with the deleting of homeless sims nightly, makes the whole investing in friends pointless at the moment. I hope these two are key focuses for the next patch.
  • AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    edited October 2014
    Mods for the win. I forced myself to get the mod because really the decay was too much for me to handle and put up with.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    AloeVista wrote: »
    There's a mod on modthesims you can get that stops the decay. Don't you people even search for mods at all? -_-

Some people don't like putting in mods.

"While I know MODs Can "help" the game , I feel we shouldn't "HAVE" to use them .

I've been keeping track of the game, until I get it . And I am starting to lose track of the glitches and issues that many need fixes and MODs for."

-SimplySimazing
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    There's a mod on modthesims you can get that stops the decay. Don't you people even search for mods at all? -_-

Irony.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Mods for the win. I forced myself to get the mod because really the decay was too much for me to handle and put up with.

I think there would still be many who don't even know how to put a mod in - even if seems pretty easy to do for many. For me, without nraas mods (all can go together), there are many that I am interested in but need to spend some time researching what is ok with what - and my knowledge isn't very technical, so I do worry.

• AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    cooli02000 wrote: »

Some people don't like putting in mods.

"While I know MODs Can "help" the game , I feel we shouldn't "HAVE" to use them .

I've been keeping track of the game, until I get it . And I am starting to lose track of the glitches and issues that many need fixes and MODs for."

-SimplySimazing
    Trick wrote: »

Irony.

Yeah you people jumped on me a little too fast, I already edited the post, realizing that what I said was pointless so you pretty much replied for nothing..lol :\.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    > @SelenaGrey said:
    > Use the computer to chat with specific people until the friendship bar is full. This is by far the fastest way to gain friendship. Do this for all 5 people.
    >
    > Then, invite them over every week and have group conversations. While telling jokes and stories you'll level up your friendships with everyone listening simultaneously. It's a great way to keep friendships going.
    >
    > I've had no problem making and keeping friends with this method.

Good advice. I'll try that.
    zD4X8.gif
  • GoldenkrowGoldenkrow Posts: 166 Member
    I find it really annoying when you need to mod the game to fix something like this. It shouldn't decay this fast. This isn't friendship at all, friendships last longer then a flippin' day <.<
    A reminder that an expansion pack is coming along, and yet somehow there are still no Dishwashers.
    > @SelenaGrey said:
    > Use the computer to chat with specific people until the friendship bar is full. This is by far the fastest way to gain friendship. Do this for all 5 people.
    >
    > Then, invite them over every week and have group conversations. While telling jokes and stories you'll level up your friendships with everyone listening simultaneously. It's a great way to keep friendships going.
    >
    > I've had no problem making and keeping friends with this method.

when I chatted with the phone they would only chat for like 5 sec then hang up, haven't tried the computer though
  • Freeze014Freeze014 Posts: 13 New Member
    Decay speed relative to lifespan seems about right, however for fun it is too quick.
  • KrowpaKrowpa Posts: 56 Member
    I have always found the whole "friend" thing in the sims games to be a major pain. I just don't do the things that call for them because I am too busy trying to get skills, motives, childcare, etc. Now I just need somebody to come out with a mod to let my sims artificially max relationships so I can marry them off. (Yes, I understand the multitasking parts, but relationships rise so slowly you have to move prospective friends in to get anywhere.)
  • NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    To keep friendships, it might be worth making a text round every morning, I text all my friends once a day.
    It seems to help a little.
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Thumb up on this.

The friendship (but also "enemyship") is not balanced well, currently.

General game design idea is not bad: make relations decay fast globally, but there is a friend of the world aspiration that would make a sim who completes it not losing friends fast.

It all went down the toilet because the bonus trait (beloved = no friendship decay) was bugged since the game got released, is not working on all sims, and while it's IMO the most important thing in this game, it's still not fixed. I'm pretty sure many will disagree with me, some people despise aspirations, perhaps hate any kind of challenge and couldn't care less for the bug with beloved trait, but well, we all have a different taste.

I haven't played for a while is it still not fixed?