Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm clueless, why didn't he just go home?

Am I mistaken in thinking that dead tired sims should head home instead of collapsing on the floor? I really thought that if his energy was that depleted, he would head home on his own.

Is that not correct? Do they just drop where they are? ::color me confused::

why_zps355d45c6.png

Comments

• mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Dat hygiene failure.
    8dd.jpg
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Is it your sim? If not then maybe he doesn't have a home. A lot of the sims we see in town don't have a proper home just a park bench! :p
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    mulboro wrote: »
    Dat hygiene failure.
    8dd.jpg

? Say what? He was clean, just exhausted.
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Is it your sim? If not then maybe he doesn't have a home. A lot of the sims we see in town don't have a proper home just a park bench! :p

He's my main sim lol! Isn't it odd? I really thought he'd just head home ::shrugs:: I don't get it :\
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    The green gas from his pits tells a different story.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
    pguida wrote: »
    Jonalin wrote: »
    Am I mistaken in thinking that dead tired sims should head home instead of collapsing on the floor? I really thought that if his energy was that depleted, he would head home on his own.

Is that not correct? Do they just drop where they are? ::color me confused::

why_zps355d45c6.png

He might suffer sexual abuse.

You are a naughty boy! ;)
    mulboro wrote: »
    The green gas from his pits tells a different story.

Ah, ok.. I don't see that. Good eye!

So now my question is, why didn't he go home to shower? I guess I'm not fully understanding this "autonomous" stuff.
  • AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    edited October 2014
    You are surely misunderstanding all right.

I do not think they are THAT autonomous or intelligent...yet. To me that seems too advanced and won't show up until The Sims 6 or something. Anyway My sims have never automatically gone home to sleep logically like you would expect. If they're on a different lot and there are no beds then of course they are just going to collapse on the floor...that's the way it has always been. Especially if it is not open world anymore like it is in this game.

What you expect the sims to do all the work? The player has to do SOMETHING. Next time take care of the sim better and send him home yourself when you see his needs get that low sheesh x.x poor sim.

EDIT: Wait a second, is this your first time playing ANY sims game, like, ever? If so then I feel bad for you :( lmao.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    Hm, my sims sister always goes home when she shouts out that she's hungry.
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
    I have also had sims young and old just go home whenever they want to. Strange yours did go home. Must have been some party!! :p
  • KrowpaKrowpa Posts: 56 Member
    Last night I told one of my sims to go home because she was tired. Instead she found a sofa and went to sleep at the lounge. These guys have a mind of their own and it isn't always the most logical. LOL
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Maybe he was too intent on what he was doing? I've had sims from the same household leave an outing for whatever reason while everyone else stayed. I always thought they a) went home to take care of needs of b) got ticked off at someone/something that happened and left in a huff. I haven't had one pass out in public. Maybe if I instructed them to keep doing something? Weird.
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    AloeVista wrote: »

I do not think they are THAT autonomous or intelligent...yet. To me that seems too advanced and won't show up until The Sims 6 or something. Anyway My sims have never automatically gone home to sleep logically like you would expect. If they're on a different lot and there are no beds then of course they are just going to collapse on the floor...that's the way it has always been. Especially if it is not open world anymore like it is in this game.

What you expect the sims to do all the work? The player has to do SOMETHING. Next time take care of the sim better and send him home yourself when you see his needs get that low sheesh x.x poor sim.

EDIT: Wait a second, is this your first time playing ANY sims game, like, ever? If so then I feel bad for you :( lmao.

Fixed.

Also, I have had sims leave lots when they are hungry. Maybe the threat of starvation makes them more autonomous?

You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well from my understanding and due to complaints in Sims 3 about sims acting inappropriate and such - in Sims 4 they made it possible for sims to make themselves at home anywhere - more or less. So you really need to click the go home button when they are getting tired or hungry. This was done on purpose. I see sims go to parties and when they get hungry get their own food or cook for everyone. Take showers if one is available or even take a nap on any empty bench, bed, couch or what ever - and there is no backlash like in Sims 3. So now you will have to get used to sending them home as they are now programmed differently than Sims 3.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Smarter Sims :p
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I took one of my TS4 sims to a neighbor's house next door. I had her living there for days tormenting the living daylights out of the poor folks who lived there. She was hateful to everyone and made them miserable but was happy to just hang out as if it were her own home. Nobody got upset when she kicked them out of their beds so she could sleep. She walked in on everyone in the bathroom, peed on their floor and fought with them all. In between all the mean interactions and general rudeness, they kept trying to chat all friendly-like with her as if nothing was wrong. Not once did I have to cancel out a 'going home' action. At the park I did, repeatedly, but not at someone else's home.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well from my understanding and due to complaints in Sims 3 about sims acting inappropriate and such - in Sims 4 they made it possible for sims to make themselves at home anywhere - more or less. So you really need to click the go home button when they are getting tired or hungry. This was done on purpose. I see sims go to parties and when they get hungry get their own food or cook for everyone. Take showers if one is available or even take a nap on any empty bench, bed, couch or what ever - and there is no backlash like in Sims 3. So now you will have to get used to sending them home as they are now programmed differently than Sims 3.

WOW Really? I never had that problem in TS3. My sims wouldn't do anything on their own in TS3 with autonomy on full. In TS4 they do just do what they want at times though. I do agree that in TS3 the game would send them home t certain times or when at others homes and you were being an unwelcome gest by cooking but that is the only time my sim went any where I didn't have to direct them to go.

I like it that my sims tend to have a mind of their own add some spice to the game!! :p

• ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Might not help even if he'd gone home. I was playing a sim recently and pushed him to get several things done before bed. He was in the red, right at need failure when I sent him to bed. He proceeded to change into his sleepwear, climb into bed and then immediately climb out of bed, walk to the end of the bed and pass out on the floor. XD Had to wait for his need failure to go away before I could get him back into bed.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2014
    Well I believe the biggest complaint was when sims would go back to their parents house - where they were raised and whne ever they would go to the fridge for food or even try and go to their own room their parents would treat them just like strangers and tell them they were acting inappropiate and would have to go home if it didn't stop. Well many of us thought that was weird and the game was being inappropiate and many of us complained it should not be the same in the home they grew up in. But apparently this is the way the devs fixed it by allowing anything everywhere.

It was pretty neat to observe sims going to a relatives house able to be comfortable as if they were home - but it did annoy me when my sims invited people in they just met and these strangers started helping themselves to food, showers and taking over my sims beds.

So now they have went too far o ver to the other side and the reason they need to have the family tree in the game and tie the sims to their family tree and just make this behavior appropiate to close family and not just any body and every body.

ETA -I'll have to call my sims house the Sims 4 Commune House at this rate - I have 8 roommates who are all friendly and outgoing.... I can see where this is going eventually.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Well I believe the biggest complaint was when sims would go back to their parents house - where they were raised and whne ever they would go to the fridge for food or even try and go to their own room their parents would treat them just like strangers and tell them they were acting inappropiate and would have to go home if it didn't stop. Well many of us thought that was weird and the game was being inappropiate and many of us complained it should not be the same in the home they grew up in. But apparently this is the way the devs fixed it by allowing anything everywhere.

It was pretty neat to observe sims going to a relatives house able to be comfortable as if they were home - but it did annoy me when my sims invited people in they just met and these strangers started helping themselves to food, showers and taking over my sims beds.

So now they have went too far o ver to the other side and the reason they need to have the family tree in the game and tie the sims to their family tree and just make this behavior appropriate to close family and not just any body and every body.

Yep I do agree with that. In TS3 you should have been able to go to a friends/relatives house and be comfortable. At most of the parties nobody cooked and if you did you were an rude guest.

I love it that we can now go to a friends house or relative and do as we please but double standard here it drives me nuts when friends come over and clean out my fridge!! LOL :p

AloeVista wrote: »

Nope, I've been playing the sims since day one of the first edition. But like others have said, my sims always went home when their needs dropped too low.
    albanie wrote: »
    Hm, my sims sister always goes home when she shouts out that she's hungry.
    I have also had sims young and old just go home whenever they want to. Strange yours did go home. Must have been some party!! :p

My sims usually go home. I thought maybe this was something new for Sims 4?

Ahhh, ok ;) Thanks @Writin_Reg ! I guess I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on them from now on (or, let them make complete fools of themselves lol!)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

So now they have went too far o ver to the other side and the reason they need to have the family tree in the game and tie the sims to their family tree and just make this behavior appropriate to close family and not just any body and every body.

Yep I do agree with that. In TS3 you should have been able to go to a friends/relatives house and be comfortable. At most of the parties nobody cooked and if you did you were an rude guest.

I love it that we can now go to a friends house or relative and do as we please but double standard here it drives me nuts when friends come over and clean out my fridge!! LOL :p

sounds like real life, when friends come over and clean out the fridge. help yourself.

I took one of my TS4 sims to a neighbor's house next door. I had her living there for days tormenting the living daylights out of the poor folks who lived there. She was hateful to everyone and made them miserable but was happy to just hang out as if it were her own home. Nobody got upset when she kicked them out of their beds so she could sleep. She walked in on everyone in the bathroom, peed on their floor and fought with them all. In between all the mean interactions and general rudeness, they kept trying to chat all friendly-like with her as if nothing was wrong. Not once did I have to cancel out a 'going home' action. At the park I did, repeatedly, but not at someone else's home.

He was at the Rattlesnake Juice Bar. Guess he felt at home enough to crash out on the floor lol :)