Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not setting children a very good example Sims

Comments

• Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    it was just to much for them to go that little bit extra and add traffic lights to the game?

Seriously? They didn't have time to add dishwashers in the game...so yes, it WOULD have been too much to add traffic lights.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    it was just to much for them to go that little bit extra and add traffic lights to the game?

Seriously? They didn't have time to add dishwashers in the game...so yes, it WOULD have been too much to add traffic lights.

Yes your right they haven't added these things, that's why I am putting this for future reference.
    Dishwashers and other things maybe added in future sims.
    Isn't that what this site is for to express our opinions for future games on things we would like to see in the game?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It was worse in Sims 3 -- my Sim would be riding his bike down the road and a car would catch up and pass right through him.

If you teach kids that what they see in a game has no relationship to real life, you won't have to worry about them crossing the street without looking or running over 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with their cars or having nightmares about zombie invasions. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited October 2014
    All I am saying here is it would be a nicer touch to the game that's all, more child friendly. You can't be saying that seeing your sim run across the road and a car going straight through them is a good feature in the game, can you?

well see in the sims 1 cars used to stop when sims or pets were in the road but the sims didnt move and you could spend HOURS waiting for what ever to move out of the way. SO they stopped that it was an issue and VERY irritating.

SOOO your wish while cute is not a good reappearance to the game sorry. Anyone who played the sims 1 will beable to back me up on how irritating this was.
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    My opinion is that some things are just too realistic for this game, even though it is labeled as a life simulator. It is a game, not a method of teaching us about life.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    peoinee wrote: »
    well see in the sims 1 cars used to stop when sims or pets were in the road but the sims didnt move and you could spend HOURS waiting for what ever to move out of the way. SO they stopped that it was an issue and VERY irritating.

SOOO your wish while cute is not a good reappearance to the game sorry. Anyone who played the sims 1 will beable to back me up on how irritating this was.

It's still IS irritating. I still play it. :) Didn't think about that though. That game is well over 10 years old.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    nualla8673 wrote: »
    My opinion is that some things are just too realistic for this game, even though it is labeled as a life simulator. It is a game, not a method of teaching us about life.

Personally I know it is just a game, but it is a game based on real life, the more realistic the better for me.
    Just like I can't stand them spinning around to get dressed that bugs me too.
  • htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    peoinee wrote: »
    All I am saying here is it would be a nicer touch to the game that's all, more child friendly. You can't be saying that seeing your sim run across the road and a car going straight through them is a good feature in the game, can you?

Yes I remember that i spent a lot of time waiting for pets and other Sims to move out of the way. It became a big issue, no thanks.
  • pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Eh. I wouldn't really want that. Some things that are real life shouldn't really be included in game. All of that just sounds tedious. Adult sims can't hurt children, so I really don't care if my child sims talk to them.

I look at it the same way as when they added laundry to the game- pointless, in my opinion. It gets old and it's not fun.

If they ever added anything like that, I'd just move along and not use any of those options :p
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Here's my two cents. People keep screaming they want reality in these games. It was always a hot topic on the TS3. We had many arguments about it. O.K. fine then, if people want reality then I say no more cars going through Sims, no more clipping going around other Sims, no more clipping at the fridge in this game. Let's actually go back to TS1 (thank you Will Wright) and make cars stop and blow the horns when Sims or cats are standing in the road. It was annoying yes, but it is a life simulation game, not a hurry up and achieve this or that. Oh, wait, no it's not a live simulation game anymore is it? It's o.k Sims can go through each other while trying to get something out of the fridge, or sit down on each other, or cars pass through them in the street. My point is, we either decide shortly how much reality we want 'back in' the games or we just ignore all reality and do the achievements and forget the car just passed through your house the next time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    OP.......I understand how you feel, but you are the teacher of your children not video games. Its up to you to talk with your children about safety, among other things.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I think the most called-for item mentioned in the OPs post would be holding kids hands. But not just for crossing the road - holding hands for walking along together too. And with partners. Walking hand-in-hand would be very sweet.

The only thing is, it's not really worth putting into TS4 as they have nowhere to walk to :'(
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I see more harm for kids in the forums then in the game.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I see more harm for kids in the forums then in the game.

Yup......agreed!! These forums need to be policed better.........not take away the features, but policed a lot better. They take down threads that they shouldn't, from what I hear of others is they ban people that shouldn't be and let the obvious ones roam free without any sort of punishment, and allow people to write dirty things on people's walls on their profiles and have dirty pics as avatars. Its sickening.
    Creativity and imagination is part of sims life, I do not want it all reality. I laugh at some of the silly unreal things Sims do that are not reality in real life, Like I don't spin on my Birthday to age up, doubt if I could spin like that now anyway. Sure there are many things that are real in sims and some that are not, that is what I love most about the Sims, the creativity and imagination. If it was all real life, I would not be playing it. the fun, humor and imagination would all be gone for me. Sims takes you away to a place you create on your own. Letting you forget all the hurts, heartaches, sickness, worries etc., in and around you. For a brief moment in time, you can set aside the real world and imagine small little people in a small little world you have created. Things somehow look better when you close your sims and return to the real world. Sims are amazing and have a amazing effect on you.
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I'm a parent, and i'm sorry no. My son knows the difference between fake and real. He knows what to do before crossing the street, a game isn't going to change that.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
    I'm a parent, and i'm sorry no. My son knows the difference between fake and real. He knows what to do before crossing the street, a game isn't going to change that.

I agree, we teach our children this way before they are able to even access a computer, read a book or even go out on their own.

• SimsProductionsSimsProductions Posts: 432 Member
    It's a game.
  • JennaBean93JennaBean93 Posts: 84 Member
    Over half the people here have grown up with the Sims,
    but you don't see them running straight into roads or just casually chillin with the grim reaper
    karlpilkingtonplz.png?1
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    but you don't see them running straight into roads or just casually chillin with the grim reaper

You ever play TSO?

• pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    flgurl315 wrote: »
    kids shouldnt be playing it anyway without supervision the sims series is rated M 15+ here in australia not sure about the us

Maybe this is just my opinion but I've been playing Sims since I was 10 (now 20) and all the Sims have had a Teen rating (13+) in the US. My parents never supervised me, never tried to play it themselves, never had a time restrict, etc.

Not very good parents...
  • JennaBean93JennaBean93 Posts: 84 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

You ever play TSO?

I mean... in real life lmao
    karlpilkingtonplz.png?1
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

You ever play TSO?

I mean... in real life lmao

The question was off topic.

P.S. I can't even believe this has gone 4 pages, its not worthy.

• munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Jlaw-okay.gif
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited October 2014
    I've been playing the Sims since I was 8. Never have I gotten the idea that if a car ran over me , I wouldn't get hurt at all.