Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not setting children a very good example Sims

Comments

• carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    no offence OP but you sound a bit too anxious about the sim kids they cant get hit bya car etc and i dont think real life kids in todays times would run across a road that is taught in schools
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    All I am saying here is it would be a nicer touch to the game that's all, more child friendly. You can't be saying that seeing your sim run across the road and a car going straight through them is a good feature in the game, can you?

No offense OP, the game isn't made as a children's game, it is for teen and above. Therefore, children technically shouldn't be playing it nor should it be made more child friendly. If parents want to let their children play it, that is their choice, but they shouldn't expect the developers to dumb down a game to be appropriate for their child to play.
  • catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    no offence OP but you sound a bit too anxious about the sim kids they cant get hit bya car etc and i dont think real life kids in todays times would run across a road that is taught in schools

So your telling me kids don't run out into the middle of the road?
    Granted I am hoping it's not very often, but it still happens
    You know, kid looses their ball bounces off into the road and kid goes chasing after it.
    Any way you are all just simply missing my point really, I have just merely mentioned something that I think would be a nice touch to the game, and you are all acting like I have said something terrible.
    Isn't this what this site is for expressing our opinions and ideas on the game or am I in the wrong place
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I want the devs to fix existing problems than worrying about "stranger danger!" for sim kids in the park.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
    LauriApp wrote: »
    All I am saying here is it would be a nicer touch to the game that's all, more child friendly. You can't be saying that seeing your sim run across the road and a car going straight through them is a good feature in the game, can you?

No offense OP, the game isn't made as a children's game, it is for teen and above. Therefore, children technically shouldn't be playing it nor should it be made more child friendly. If parents want to let their children play it, that is their choice, but they shouldn't expect the developers to dumb down a game to be appropriate for their child to play.

I ain't asking them to Dumb it down
    I am expressing something that I think would be a nice touch to the game. Jesus anyone would think I have asked them to add murder to the game seriously. Ok then kids aren't allowed to play ye I've got a good idea I think there should be guns allowed in the game, bar fights in the club. O no wait their is no police career in the game now.
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited October 2014
    Again your missing my point.
    And FYI some children do let computer games influence their behaviour

If you think that's happening, don't let them play games until they're old enough to handle it. TS4 is a T (Teen) rated game, it isn't for children anyway.

I still think it's the parent's jobs to teach children these things, not a game's. Especially when that game isn't for them. There are plenty of wonderful games for children. Get them a Wii U, they will have a blast with it.
    34336_s.gif
    Everyone is just missing what I am trying to say completely
    You know what i completely give up with this site seriously
    I am just expressing what I think is a good idea I nice touch to the game, and certain people just act like you have just said something completely offensive.
    If I read a comment and I don't like it or disagree with it I just move right past it. If I see someone who as put a comment which I agree with I comment or like it. Simples
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited October 2014
    Everyone is just missing what I am trying to say completely
    You know what i completely give up with this site seriously
    I am just expressing what I think is a good idea I nice touch to the game, and certain people just act like you have just said something completely offensive.
    If I read a comment and I don't like it or disagree with it I just move right past it. If I see someone who as put a comment which I agree with I comment or like it. Simples

This forum would be awfully boring if everyone just ignored everything they don't agree with. There would never really be any discussions of any kind. I haven't see anyone acting offended. We're posting our opinions just as you posted yours.

The reason I hold the opinion I do is because I hear of parents all to often blindly buying a game like Dead Space for their kid and then throwing a fit about it even though the game is rated M (Mature) and is not made for them. Be a parent and watch what your children are doing.
    34336_s.gif
    all we are trying to say is you are trying to change something that isnt a big deal
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    The Sims is a teen rated game. So children shouldn't be playing it. If a parent allows their child to play it, then it's up to the parents, not the gaming company to take the responsibility of monitoring their child's real life behavior and make sure the child doesn't run into the street or do anything else that it is a danger to them. I know kids have gone running and playing and into the streets and they've never had the Sims. Heck, when I was a kid we'd run into the streets sometimes.

You can't blame games for what kids do. It's not the gaming company's responsibility to raise kids that aren't theirs.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member

You know, kid looses their ball bounces off into the road and kid goes chasing after it.
    Any way you are all just simply missing my point really, I have just merely mentioned something that I think would be a nice touch to the game, and you are all acting like I have said something terrible.
    Isn't this what this site is for expressing our opinions and ideas on the game or am I in the wrong place

Perhaps if you worded the title of your thread differently and specified it was just an idea in your original post you would've received different responses. I don't think anyone is acting like you said something terrible, but your title is "Not setting children a very good example Sims" making it seem as if it's EA's responsibility to set a good example from a game, rather than the parents job. Seeing as how teens are the youngest that's suggested to play, one would assume they know how to look both ways before crossing the street. :p

It would be a nice little detail, but as others have said, it's an unnecessary one. If Sims were able to get hit by a car or get kidnapped by strangers in the game, then it would be a necessary (great) detail to add.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!

Perhaps if you worded the title of your thread differently and specified it was just an idea in your original post you would've received different responses. I don't think anyone is acting like you said something terrible, but your title is "Not setting children a very good example Sims" making it seem as if it's EA's responsibility to set a good example from a game, rather than the parents job. Seeing as how teens are the youngest that's suggested to play, one would assume they know how to look both ways before crossing the street. :p

It would be a nice little detail, but as others have said, it's an unnecessary one. If Sims were able to get hit by a car or get kidnapped by strangers in the game, then it would be a necessary (great) detail to add.
    in most countrys the sims series is reccomended M15 + it is here in australia always has been
  • katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    Yeah no, whats next teaching sims about stds and unwanted pregnancies? Why not have parents teach their kids about real life danger instead of having a video game handle it. Video games are about fun not some life lessons your parents could easily teach you.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    As another stated, if you worded it as an idea rather than a responsibility, you would have received better feedback. I think.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    HI :)

I think having them look both ways would be cute in game. :)
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member

in most countrys the sims series is reccomended M15 + it is here in australia always has been

I know. I said that teens (13 and over) are the youngest that's suggested to play.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
    Ok I worded my title wrong I always do
    I should put In my opinion at the start of it, I had this discussion in the last post I put.
    I KNOW it isn't EA responsibility to teach my child, I don't even let my child play this game to be honest she is only 9 and even if I did I'm not even saying that it would teach her anything bad I think she would enjoy playing it actually.
    I'm just purely interested in seeing different interactions added to the Sims that's all, that would make the game more enjoyably. I love most things about the game, just think that it is missing added touches that all
    So you lot are saying you are happy the way it is and it doesn't need anything else at all that you think would make the game just that little bit better to play?
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I should put In my opinion at the start of it, I had this discussion in the last post I put.
    I KNOW it isn't EA responsibility to teach my child, I don't even let my child play this game to be honest she is only 9 and even if I did I'm not even saying that it would teach her anything bad I think she would enjoy playing it actually.
    I'm just purely interested in seeing different interactions added to the Sims that's all, that would make the game more enjoyably. I love most things about the game, just think that it is missing added touches that all
    So you lot are saying you are happy the way it is and it doesn't need anything else at all that you think would make the game just that little bit better to play?

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they looked both ways. I think it would be cute, and it wouldn't hurt the game to add a little touch like that. It would be neat (if/when) we get cars, if the game knows when they're crossing and the car would stop. I'd like that for adults too. Those are just minor touches that would add some cuteness. I think.

When you post ideas. It's best to just post the idea without explaining yourself. We can be a harsh bunch sometimes. But we do it mostly out of fun. :)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I want the devs to fix the bugs, give us more social activities.
    They have limited time and energy; I'd rather they flesh out the game in more substantial ways, not be distracted by smaller things.
    Just my 2 cents anyway.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • flgurl315flgurl315 Posts: 72 Member
    kids shouldnt be playing it anyway without supervision the sims series is rated M 15+ here in australia not sure about the us

Maybe this is just my opinion but I've been playing Sims since I was 10 (now 20) and all the Sims have had a Teen rating (13+) in the US. My parents never supervised me, never tried to play it themselves, never had a time restrict, etc. My little sister (currently 12) has also been playing it for a few years now and again, no problems have arisen.

As for the road safety issue and stranger danger, those should be taught at a way younger age than majority of players start using this game at. My parents and neighbors starting teaching all of us neighborhood kids that stuff at 3 and 4. Most players I know started sometime after 10. I just don't think it's one of those things that need to be added to make the game at all. It's not on the same level as "talking about woohoo" to teens.

Origin: CattleDestroyer

Xbox Gamertag: CattleDestroyer

Currently Playing: Sims 4 & Dragon Age: Inquistion
    kremesch73 wrote: »

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they looked both ways. I think it would be cute, and it wouldn't hurt the game to add a little touch like that. It would be neat (if/when) we get cars, if the game knows when they're crossing and the car would stop. I'd like that for adults too. Those are just minor touches that would add some cuteness. I think.

When you post ideas. It's best to just post the idea without explaining yourself. We can be a harsh bunch sometimes. But we do it mostly out of fun. :)

EXACTLY Thank you
    That's all I wanted
    Just them cute little touches just to make the game more enjoyable
    Just like how they have added being able to take a pregnancy test things like that, where you think WOW when you see that is an option
    That's all I was trying to get across
    flgurl315 wrote: »
    kids shouldnt be playing it anyway without supervision the sims series is rated M 15+ here in australia not sure about the us

Maybe this is just my opinion but I've been playing Sims since I was 10 (now 20) and all the Sims have had a Teen rating (13+) in the US. My parents never supervised me, never tried to play it themselves, never had a time restrict, etc. My little sister (currently 12) has also been playing it for a few years now and again, no problems have arisen.

As for the road safety issue and stranger danger, those should be taught at a way younger age than majority of players start using this game at. My parents and neighbors starting teaching all of us neighborhood kids that stuff at 3 and 4. Most players I know started sometime after 10. I just don't think it's one of those things that need to be added to make the game at all. It's not on the same level as "talking about woohoo" to teens.

I do agree with you, but seriously do you not think that it would just be a nice touch.
    In the game there is an interaction from adult to child, Teach valuable lesson, something along them lines, but what is that? That could mean anything. I'm just expanding that basically
  • BonniyBonniy Posts: 464 Member
    with the amount of work involved to get it to happen, I don't think I'd want it added to the game, and its not that important, yes it might be cute, but not really worth while to add, and I really don't think any kids are going to see it as a thing to learn, if your going to go that far, then go all the way and drop woohoo and other stuff like that if you want young kids to play this game, which I personally don't want to see happen
    Bonniy wrote: »
    with the amount of work involved to get it to happen, I don't think I'd want it added to the game, and its not that important, yes it might be cute, but not really worth while to add, and I really don't think any kids are going to see it as a thing to learn, if your going to go that far, then go all the way and drop woohoo and other stuff like that if you want young kids to play this game, which I personally don't want to see happen

agree the game is rated mature for a reason
    Bonniy wrote: »

I actually didn't realise you was a part of building and putting the game together. I think building the entire Sims game is a huge thing all together so when they built them trams going up and down the street which hasn't been in other games, it was just to much for them to go that little bit extra and add traffic lights to the game?