March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not setting children a very good example Sims

Something as just sprung to mind about Sims, this is probably because I am a mum myself. Does anyone else like the fact that sims can just go out of their house and run straight across the road despite whether a car or tram for the matter is coming?
What happened to look both ways before you cross?
This could be a new feature in Sims, parents could chat to there child about road safety, maybe they could add a little holding hands when crossing the road. Seeing a few zebra crossings and traffic lights on the roads that the sims could use would be a nice touch.
Also as much as I love the interaction with Sims, come to think of it, it is very odd how children can just go up to any random adult at the park in the street and start talking to them. The adults should know their parents well first before they are allowed to chat to them. Parents could talk to children about Stranger danger.
Does anybody else agree with this?
Or maybe is it way to late.

Comments

• mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Sims can't really harm other sims, so it's not really an issue is it?
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    Your missing my point thou
    Again your missing my point.
    And FYI some children do let computer games influence their behaviour
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    It's a game, not reality and it's the parent's job to teach their children those kinds of things anyway. Besides, I think kids are aware of the difference between a game and real life.

I kind of have to agree. Most parents know enough to teach their children basic survival rather than let a game teach them.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Again your missing my point.
    And FYI some children do let computer games influence their behaviour
    What you're suggesting doesn't really add anything to the gameplay, so I don't see any point to it, correct.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
    All I am saying here is it would be a nicer touch to the game that's all, more child friendly. You can't be saying that seeing your sim run across the road and a car going straight through them is a good feature in the game, can you?
    edited October 2014
    All I am saying here is it would be a nicer touch to the game that's all, more child friendly. You can't be saying that seeing your sim run across the road and a car going straight through them is a good feature in the game, can you?

Well, I do like the idea of cars killing my sims. I think that would be a great touch. However, I'd never rely on a game to teach my children anything. That's my job.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    kids shouldnt be playing it anyway without supervision the sims series is rated M 15+ here in australia not sure about the us
    I mean let's face it Sims won't add Teen pregnancy to the game WHY, even thou they have added teenagers can mess around now, which is basically another way of saying they can WooHoo, I mean mixed messages much???
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Look, so long as the sim kids don't do this:

bad-kid-fire.jpg

I'm pretty much cool with what they do...its a game.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
    Zolt65 wrote: »

You obviousy haven't had them experiment on the junior wizard set. Now THAT was a fire! Holy blazes!
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited October 2014
    the basic moral is supervise your kids a game isnt a babysitter

Well, I do like the idea of cars killing my sims. I think that would be a great touch. However, I'd never rely on a game to teach my children anything. That's my job.[/quote]

I don't want my sims to get killed, I wouldn't want to see this, and they wouldn't if they added zebra crossings and lights.
    edited October 2014
    kremesch73 wrote: »

You obviousy haven't had them experiment on the junior wizard set. Now THAT was a fire! Holy blazes!

Funny you should says that...

I had my kid play with the science set, it caught fire, mom ran & put it out, kid had a bad mood all day

weird thing?

it was on the second floor, had a fire alarm inside right above it AND the fire station right outside...but no sprinkler came on!

Im wondering if the sprinkler only comes on for the ground floor? Anyone know?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Sims suggest you not to try for baby until you get enough money to buy a double bed
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    I don't know much about the sprinkler. I only just started using it. It was to my understanding you need it inside for inside fires, and outside for outside fires. I'm not entirely sure though.
  • moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Funny you should says that...

I had my kid play with the science set, it caught fire, mom ran & put it out, kid had a bad mood all day

weird thing?

it was on the second floor, had a fire alarm inside right above it AND the fire station right outside...but no sprinkler came on!

Im wondering if the sprinkler only comes on for the ground floor? Anyone know?

Don't know about the floors (maybe you need an alarm and outside sprinkler control for each floor?), but I do know it takes an unholy long time to turn on the sprinklers!

I don't want my sims to get killed, I wouldn't want to see this, and they wouldn't if they added zebra crossings and lights.

It's not really necessary though. There are no cars in the game.
    That's a good point then, why are children not allowed to cook in the game? Well use the oven at least if they are allowed to mess with science and mix potions eh?
    They can make themselves quick meals. I look at it as the same thing.
    moongodess wrote: »

Don't know about the floors (maybe you need an alarm and outside sprinkler control for each floor?), but I do know it takes an unholy long time to turn on the sprinklers!

No no, it was. I had the science set on 2nd floor, alarm on the wall above it, the sprinkler set was outside on the other side of the wall as the science set. The alarm went off but the sprinkler didn't. It may be a bug? not sure

Marcus Aurelius

It's not really necessary though. There are no cars in the game.[/quote]

Yes there is cars in the game and trams driving up and down the roads, you can't own a car.

Yes there is cars in the game and trams driving up and down the roads, you can't own a car.

Those care are a back drop. They don't actually drive down the neighbourhood streets.