Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Action Against Trolls

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    RineRine Posts: 165 Member
    If you ignore the trolls, some of their behavior will stop. Honestly, what is a troll on this forum? It's some kid in middle or high school who thinks they are being funny.

One of the best things to do would be to limit the amount new users can post in a given time period, so they cannot 'flood' the forum. What legit member needs to post 50+ posts in one or two hours?

Two, they could also do IP bans instead of mere account bans. That'll curb things too.

Three, active moderation would cut these incidents down. I'm sure they can have enough mods to moderate in shifts. It isn't hard to delete posts and shut spammy/abusive folks down.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited October 2014
    Sugarysim wrote: »
    But seriously what happened to the Sims forums? I remember back in the TS1 and TS2 days, the mods were a lot more heavy handed. I remember getting warnings many times, the forum was better managed, people had to post thread with proper titles, and people weren't allowed to keep making new threads over and over on the same topic.

I didn't like it at the time, but at least there was a sense of organisation.

Times have changed, people have changed with the times. If it isn't profitable it wont get done. Doesn't matter if it is the right thing to do. On TS2 forum the mods not only warned you but were very active on the threads and were often many of our friends. Here you don't hear a peep from them! :(

Oh and to add: Responsibility for your actions!! That has changed also. Always the same "they need attention", well I agree but I remember the attention I would have gotten if I did something like this!

• Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Mac users don't have a game out though.
  • Options
    8AnberShade88AnberShade8 Posts: 7 New Member
    No need to argue, hopefully they listen to these ideas.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited October 2014
    That's why we see these people registered 5-6 years ago just showing up now;
    they are the disposable trolling names made with EPs and SPs.
    Notice they all are similar to existing trollers, not very creative I am finding.

Ban 1 and another takes its place.

They can have:

1 name from Sims3 base and one for each of the 11eps + 9sps + Sims4 base = TWENTY TWO POSSIBLE TROLLING NAMES

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    hmmm..now in the thread graveyard...wonderful, like EA is EVER going to look at this

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    hmmm..now in the thread graveyard...wonderful, like EA is EVER going to look at this

Grrrr Stinking trolls I want our Agree button back!! :D

• Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Use the report button and don't reply to their threads. If you add information to the report I think that will help the forum moderators. Some people flag to just flag. So when reporting add why you're reporting them in the comments section.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    The solution is simple and yet EA refuses to enact it.
    Tie forum names with registered games (BASE GAMES ONLY) so only ONE name per person is allowed.
    NO new names with EPs or SPs. ONE base game = ONE forum name.
    If they troll and get banned, then they will have to buy another base game to get another name.
    Pretty expensive for trolling.

200.gif

200.gif