Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to start sims on fire?

KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to work on some achievements and to help make it go faster without cheating, I need a faster way to kill sims. I try to start fires with the oven and fireplace but it never works. anyone know of a sure way to start fires or kill sims?? I know we can starve them do death but it takes a while.

Comments

• Options
    Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    edited October 2014
    I normally put them in an empty room take away the door and they end up dying of starvation. This didn't take long for me.
  • Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    Get two cowplant berries and plant them at the same time so they'll be on the same feeding schedule. Once they're grown, wait for them to get hungry. Then direct the sim to eat first one cake and then the other. First time they will most likely be spit out. Second time, they die.

Set up is several sim days, but once you've done the time you can do the crime at least once a day.
  • Options
    yea that's why I'm doing but it takes a while. trying to find a faster way, thanks for the input Jlm0072012
  • Options
    > @ArchD said:
    > Get two cowplant berries and plant them at the same time so they'll be on the same feeding schedule. Once they're grown, wait for them to get hungry. Then direct the sim to eat first one cake and then the other. First time they will most likely be spit out. Second time, they die.
    >
    > Set up is several sim days, but once you've done the time you can do the crime at least once a day.
    that's a great idea, thanks
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    anyone know how to start a fire tho?
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    KlrSims wrote: »
    anyone know how to start a fire tho?

1) Invite homeless Sim from park to house
    2) Wait for them to cook
    3) Voila - prepare Sims you wish roasted
    4) Profit!
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Age on a cake to elder, woohoo twice in the rocket.
    To avoid possible jealousy, anger will do the trick:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/784713/junkbarbarians-guide-for-evil-sims-chapter-1-killing-with-anger

Both ways are faster than other options, can kill definetly both household sims and NPC sims.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    My goal is to have a family of 8 ghosts. Will the elder trick give me ghosts?
  • Options
    IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    When you tried killing by fire, were you using high quality appliances? Try using the cheapest stove you can find. You might also want to use the cheat and lower the Sim's cooking skill down to 1.

Stats.set_skill_level Major_HomestyleCooking 1
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Igg wrote: »
    When you tried killing by fire, were you using high quality appliances? Try using the cheapest stove you can find. You might also want to use the cheat and lower the Sim's cooking skill down to 1.

She said she doesn't want to use cheats.
  • Options
    thanks guys! i'll try out these suggestions and let ya know :)
  • Options
    @JoxerTM22 thanks so much for the link to your discussion post. it's very helpful!!
  • Options
    cooli02000 wrote: »
    Igg wrote: »

She said she doesn't want to use cheats.

It's all good. I just try not to use cause it makes the game act a little "buggy" :)
  • Options
    IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    I got the cheapest stove, used a new Sim with no cooking skill and she was on fire by the second grilled cheese.

Watching a Sim die by fire is horrible. I don't recommend watching it.
  • Options
    WulfyRoxasWulfyRoxas Posts: 1 New Member
    > @KlrSims said:
    > Hi everyone,
    > I'm trying to work on some achievements and to help make it go faster without cheating, I need a faster way to kill sims. I try to start fires with the oven and fireplace but it never works. anyone know of a sure way to start fires or kill sims?? I know we can starve them do death but it takes a while.

I would love to kill sims faster, but i dont like using elders and woohoo because they can only do less.
    fires almost NEVER start no matter what i do.
    Starvation takes like, 3 to 5 days, but for some reason once my sims are at 0% on hunger needs, they crouch down and look like they are eating their hands, then their hunger is back up at 100%. i find the funniest way to kill a sim, is using cheats sadly, but you could TRY to do it without cheats. Your sim need to be in a hysterical mood.
    So do whatever you can to constant add playful moodlets or boostful moodlets until htey are hysterical.
    have them and another sims constantly telling jjokes.
    Works best if both sims are at 10 charisma and 10 comedy.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I just plug in the aux cord, or hand the sim my mix tape... ;)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Insane sims die easier. When they catch on fire, they do nothing and they are more likely to catch on fire while cooking.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainSauceCaptainSauce Posts: 73 Member
    Ive done just about everything and can't start a fire. I have the worst stove or an indoor bbq, literal flammable things around and use my sim with 0 cooking over and over and nothing. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    MrsMarineMrsMarine Posts: 3 New Member
    I DID IT!!! I successfully managed to kill 8 Sims in different ways! Even by starting a fire without cheating!! I wrote a post on my blog with full details of each method and a screenshot to help! www.mrs-marine.com/2015/05/sims-4-creating-ghosts-death-by-fire.html
    Some of the methods I used cheats on, but others I didn't.
  • Options
    Ive done just about everything and can't start a fire. I have the worst stove or an indoor bbq, literal flammable things around and use my sim with 0 cooking over and over and nothing. Makes no sense.

Any luck? does your sim have the foodie trait or some other trait that may give them a natural cooking ability?
  • Options
    ashraTdeznanashraTdeznan Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't know if this helps anyone, but I just managed to put my 8 sims in 1 room, all started warming themselves, one caught on fire and the others extinguished them. I tried to cancel the action but by the time I cancelled them all, the fire had been put out, sim survived, dang! haha now it has been so difficult trying to get another sim to catch on fire .... (-_-) *shakes fist at beginners luck*
  • Options
    xxfunnypersonxx5xxfunnypersonxx5 Posts: 1 New Member
    What I do Is:
    Lock them in a room,
    Put a couple of fireplaces,
    Put down something Flammable,
    And they will either catch on fire or Starve to death
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Insane sims die easier. When they catch on fire, they do nothing and they are more likely to catch on fire while cooking.

Wait really?
    giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top