Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So apparently we still have to use disc to play Sims 3 (Regarding Origin)

I tried to load up into the future from origin and it wants me to put the disc in. I thought the whole purpose of clicking on your game in origin was to play from origin and not have to load the disc. I mean I can with TS4 why not Ts3?

Comments

• Options
    verdaeniverdaeni Posts: 214 Member
    I have some downloaded games and I am able to start the game without using the disks. It sounds like you downloaded 'future' so you should be able to as well. But if you have purchased all disks, I believe it will still want you to load them
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Nope. All my games are disks and I never had this happen. Sounds like maybe you installed Future to your Origin account but didn't download it to your pc. When you click "My Games" on Origin, Future should be on the list. When you scroll over, the pop-up tab should have "Play" on it. If it has "Download", it's only installed TO Origin and not the pc. Hope this helps. :^)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Nope. All my games are disks and I never had this happen. Sounds like maybe you installed Future to your Origin account but didn't download it to your pc. When you click "My Games" on Origin, Future should be on the list. When you scroll over, the pop-up tab should have "Play" on it. If it has "Download", it's only installed TO Origin and not the pc. Hope this helps. :^)

It's on origin. It says play.

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Odd. Make absolutely sure you uninstalled the disk copies, then installed the Origin copies. You could try launching from your desktop instead of Origin, perhaps that will help? I've actually never launched from Origin. I downloaded, installed them, and put an icon on my desktop to play from. I am logged out of Origin and have it off. Doesn't seem like it should matter, but that's a suggestion.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @catloverplayer, it will say that even if you have installed from disc.
    In order to not use the disc you need to uninstall ITF and then download and install it from Origin. Then it will play without the disc.
    Also it is worth noting this post:
    Solution for DLC Compatibility Alert in Origin
  • Options
    Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    You have to have installed it from Origin to be able to play without a disk (without the use of mods). It will ask for the disk if it was installed from that.

If they are all downloaded from Origin I you should be able to play without disk just by clicking on the desktop icon or any other way of getting to the launcher. :)