Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did You Know...

Comments

• SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    The work/career reward objects you unlock will no longer be available from the build/buy if the Sim that earned them quits their job, changes career, or dies. Also those objects are available only to that Sim and not to other households or lots even within the same "saved game". Make sure you have all of the items that you want placed in your lot. Not sure if you can even place them from family inventory onto your lot after you change careers?

Wow I did not know that! That's not fair lol
    Did you know your sim can make protein shakes at the bar! I just found that out today :#
  • noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    Did you know if they go on the web they can look for Pen Pals :)

Also if you hit the Tap Key it gives you a few off the whole neighbourhood. :)
  • missthestopsignmissthestopsign Posts: 78 Member
    If you put a frog on the desk next to the computer, your sim can look at it for a fun boost while writing (or anything else).
    If you put a frog on the desk next to the computer, your sim can look at it for a fun boost while writing (or anything else).

Lol that's cool!
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member

Wow I don't know that . Need to check this out.
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    Did you know that you can resurrect a sim by writing The Book of Life
  • MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    Did you know that a slob sim can take care of his bladder needs while taking a shower? lol
  • ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member
    > @MissLarae said:
    > Did you know that a slob sim can take care of his bladder needs while taking a shower? lol

haha,good one
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    MissLarae wrote: »
    Did you know that a slob sim can take care of his bladder needs while taking a shower? lol

And now my Sim knows why the shower is always dirty lol. I'm gonna strangle that roommate of his.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    My Sim was making a salad for her guess, and she kept sticking her finger in her ear then smell it, then she put her finger in the salad. They later got married. I guess there is nothing like good old ear wax in you food.
    vcosley wrote: »
    My Sim was making a salad for her guess, and she kept sticking her finger in her ear then smell it, then she put her finger in the salad. They later got married. I guess there is nothing like good old ear wax in you food.

Never seen that! Ewww., what was your sims traits?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Ick! I did not know that, but it explains a lot... I will look more closely next time my slob Sim takes a shower to see if I can catch him in the act!
  • MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member

Ick! I did not know that, but it explains a lot... I will look more closely next time my slob Sim takes a shower to see if I can catch him in the act!

Hahaha I'm so grossed out by what I'm reading here, but can't wait to try it all :p
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    The work/career reward objects you unlock will no longer be available from the build/buy if the Sim that earned them quits their job, changes career, or dies. Also those objects are available only to that Sim and not to other households or lots even within the same "saved game". Make sure you have all of the items that you want placed in your lot. Not sure if you can even place them from family inventory onto your lot after you change careers?

If they are in family inventory, they will still be available. If you sell them, and the sim who unlocked them dies, you won't be able to get them until someone else unlocks them.

• MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member

I just noticed my slob sim's bladder and hygiene needs were going up at the same time when he was taking a shower. I was thinking "ewww!" lol
  • MrHotterMrHotter Posts: 49 Member
    > @horrorfan1980s said:
    > I don't know if this has already been posted, but did you know that you can layer the posters over each other?

You can also do that with rugs. If you place a smaller rug on top of a larger rug you can make some interesting looks.
    7HKbN5vGdcqZdduM6
  • NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    did you know...you can read on the toilet?
    33jphk5.jpg

My sim wanted to read, and all the chairs were being used by his numerous children, so he went and sat on the toilet to read. He didn't even have to go...just used it as a chair!

This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    FalseZen wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting age spots on the flooring? Or do I need to fire the maid?

flooringagespots.png

Either way, I think it's really neat!

Guess I'll have to redo the floors.

I got that effect when I was using a mod increase the room lighting. I didn't like the artifacts on the floor, so I stopped using that mod.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    MrHotter wrote: »
    > @horrorfan1980s said:<br />
    > I don't know if this has already been posted, but did you know that you can layer the posters over each other?<br />
    <br />
    You can also do that with rugs. If you place a smaller rug on top of a larger rug you can make some interesting looks.

Thanks for the tip.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
    edited October 2014
    Naydi wrote: »
    did you know...you can read on the toilet?
    33jphk5.jpg

My sim wanted to read, and all the chairs were being used by his numerous children, so he went and sat on the toilet to read. He didn't even have to go...just used it as a chair!

Lol ... They can even drink coffee on the toilet
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did you know?

That more then one SIM can build a rocket at the same time? I had 2 building it.
  • JSitala_28JSitala_28 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Gailwhit4 wrote: »
    > @chellecheree said:<br />
    > my sim wiped her feet when she got home from work<br />
    <br />
    That's awesome. Gonna watch out for that one.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The first thing that surprised me was the pregnancy test. LOVE IT. The hide under the covers option was so adorable too. And I loved the heart cookies. They make your Sim FLIRTY! That was interesting...

What's this about "heart cookies"? Are there other such cookies for different moods and how to you get them?

• HaphronHaphron Posts: 252 Member
    day before yesterday while my sim was at his computer, I recieved a messge alert in dark blue

The message said that my sim earned 482 thousand from his investments.

I about flipped was hard to believe but it happened.

I had no idea that there was a sim stock market.

I just let him do whatever while I do other stuff on my other PC.

Game is ok.... there are good things and then there are really awful things. I still think the art design of the new world is world class awful in the Sims

However the new Sims "AI" in S4 makes up for the loss. The new Sims themselves is definately where the team invested their hard work in I believe.

I waited a long while before installing the game about a month or so. Was going to just return it, but am glad I kept it.

The world design is way too cartoonish for me. Looks like Disney and WoW mutation.

I miss the beautiful detail in the objects and world design appearance of The Sims

Build mode in Sims 4 sucks bad, it's watered down.

But yeah, suprised me that there was an online Sims stock market in game - I like that.
  • Kal_T0rakKal_T0rak Posts: 172 Member
    JSitala_28 wrote: »
    Gailwhit4 wrote: »
    > @chellecheree said:<br />
    > my sim wiped her feet when she got home from work<br />
    <br />
    That's awesome. Gonna watch out for that one.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    The first thing that surprised me was the pregnancy test. LOVE IT. The hide under the covers option was so adorable too. And I loved the heart cookies. They make your Sim FLIRTY! That was interesting...

What's this about "heart cookies"? Are there other such cookies for different moods and how to you get them?

Certain emotional states enable special recipies. Flirty gives you flirty heart cookies, Playful gives you gummy bear pancakes, Energized gives you a Protein Plate. The special food each give you that emotion buff, so the cookies give a flirty buff etc. There are some bar drinks that do the same.
    To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.