Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trollsim Prettacy-It Ain't Easy Being Green Update 1-11

simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
I started a Prettacy, along with my regular legacy because, well because :D As I was chuckling over some of the facial features my daughter peeked over my shoulder and directed me into the finishing touches. (She loves him, he reminds her of Shrek.) All of my kids love the sims series, and each one of them has spent hours on my lap as we laughed and cried at the antics of our little pixel people. After placing Trevor in the world she said, ya know mom, it's kind of weird that he's a green troll in the middle of a regular world. We need to tell his story of how he got here. And so Trevor's story begins. I had the blog link in my signature for a few days, but wanted to get his first chapter written before sharing it officially.

But without further ado, here is Trevor Trollsim. He wants to be an Angling Ace. He's a bit of a slob, he's gloomy because he can't remember his life before Oasis Springs, and he loves the outdoors. While he may not be a sexy beast like Handsome Noble of @BlindxSecrets prettacy challenge, my other daughter says he is beautiful. I hope you enjoy the journey we take over the next ten (hopefully) generations.

TrevorTrollsim.png

Succession Law; Equality, Strict Traditional, Random

Meet Trevor Trollsim
1-1 With the Dawn I am Renewed
1-2 Fishing and Chips
1-3 The Only Fish in the Sea
1-4 Somebody's Watching You
1-5 And Baby Makes Three
1-6 Gnome is Where the Heart is
1-7 Green with Envy!
1-8 The Daycare Snafu
1-9 Time Marches On
1-10 Of Story and Legend
1-11 The Troll Prince
1-12 Not Exactly a Walk in the Park
A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
Post edited by simbody872 on

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Such an imaginative first chapter!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Thank you @CathyTea! I hope I can keep up the momentum. I enjoy a good story, but not always sure I'm good at writing them :D Oh I forgot all about his succession laws, better get them up before the kids are born!
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    This is awesome, hee. Your founder is so cute! I hope your waders turns out to be a sweetie. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hahaha @ the Handsome comment. Your troll is awesome, he's oddly adorable and I love him already. Your first chapter really was imaginative and it made me nostalgic for Sims 3 (even though it's only been maybe a month since I played it...). Ahhh! You found your own waders! Perfect! Lol. She even has red hair like Fiona. Is it sad that I already ship him with waders? Especially because if they have a baby and it's a redhead with their father's coloring....it'd be perfect for Christmas. Ahhh, the silly things that occur to me when I have a headache. :S
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    Thanks so much @FloorRaisin. I think he's rather cute.
  • Options
    LOL @BlindxSecrets I hadn't thought Fiona! Silly me I should have! Dratted headaches, hope you are feeling better soon. I get far too many of them for my taste so I sympathize! The girls love Handsome, and the youngest is always asking me if there is a new part of his story.
  • Options
    @Blindxsecrets - I felt so nostalgic for TS3, too! It seems like at least a decade ago! I miss Moonlight Falls.

@simbody872 - I love the phrase "legacy blonds!" And waders... yay! These prettacy founders know where to look for the real thing!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    @simbody872 Thanks, I am feeling better! Yeah, I get a lot of them too. It was a migraine earlier but it's slowly going away, thankfully. I got tired of laying down so I came back to check threads and found your new one! He really does look like Shrek (with hair LOL). D'awww, that's so sweet! I was just cropping a bunch of images for the next two chapters, so I'm going to get cracking on them tomorrow. :D Hope he can meet his waders soon! Can't wait to see if she's nice to him or not. Yup, I definitely ship them already. Them wader girls sure have a spell on our boys...lol
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    The Legacy Blonds are a family I found on the gallery. Each one has a different set of traits and aspiration. I've not met them all and only know a handful of traits. I didn't want to look and spoil the surprise but I also wanted a new gene pool in there and give him plenty of choices so I merged them with one of the single 'not in this world' sims. His first day had way more social interaction than I anticipated, but I am waiting until he's met a few more sims before I attempt to flirt with anyone :) Trevor may be a Troll, but he is a gentleman :D
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited October 2014
    Love your Trollsim's backstory! Using the Into the Future TS3 is a great idea! Really let's you be creative with how he got to Oasis Springs, and what his goals are. I like how it seems Emit will be contacting each generation, so Trevor's mission to save the world goes full circle. I'm looking forward to some green babies, lol.

And, just in general, this really makes me yearn for a Supernatural TS4 expansion pack! :( Hope we get soon!
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    @simbody872

Hi! Just found your legacy, and will read the blog later today (I'm currently at work, lunch break soon ends).
    Looks fun!

Just want to advice you to resize your pictures before uploading them to Blogger! Those I checked were 1MB+. Such quality is not needed for a blog, and if you keep uploading huge files you will fill up your free space with Blogger in no time. They will ask you to pay for more space, but if you resize, you will go for free for many years + the blog will load faster.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ah, thank you for the tip! I had forgotten about reducing picture size before uploading! It's been a while since I've uploaded anything!
    ETA I resized and replaced the pics in Chapter 1-1 and will make sure they are resized in the future chapters. They sure upload a lot faster too! ;)
    Post edited by simbody872 on
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I love your story so far. Can't wait for more.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    Gah, he's so ugly-cute! I'm gonna go run off and read the story now.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • Options
    I really enjoy your narrative style. I love the way you've interwoven all the legacy rules into your story so you don't have to break the narrative. Very effective!

• Options
    Thank you @Carewren123, @Roane, for reading and commenting. He certainly isn't what one would call a handsome sim, but he's grown on me :) Thanks @CathyTea, I hope I have enough imagination to keep it going through every generation.
  • Options
    I think it's a great story-telling tool to have Emit check in with each gen! That'll help you stay on course, for sure! And your Sims (and your daughter) will provide plenty of inspiration!

• Options
    Update time! Chapter 1-2 is posted. Fishing and Chips
  • Options
    Great update, Simbody! I love the troll's waders!

• Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    The fishing shots are gorgeous! Looks so pretty! I like your story so far :)
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    He's so cute. Glad he and waders met again! :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    dlmetzlerdlmetzler Posts: 14 New Member
    Love this story! Just caught up and bookmarked :D
  • Options
    I was glad they met up as well. Though the night didn't end as he had hoped. He was too tired from his day of fishing and she was in a playful mood rather than flirty. So I didn't push him to flirt with her.

Thanks @CathyTea, I like his waders too :)@RachelRosebud, the fishing spot was beautiful I need to get him out to the other places as well. @FloorRaisin, his expressions are pretty funny/cute. @dlmetzler glad you liked it enough to bookmark! :)
  • Options
    EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    I love your story, thanks for sharing it!!
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Wow what a cool story. I book marked it and will look forward to reading more. I love the way he looks. He does kind of look like Shrek LOL. He is cute and the story is great so far. What a great imagination you have.