Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basketcase Achievement

So i want to complete the basket case achievement,fr that my sim needs to have all emotional states withing 24 hours

I have already the emotional paintings,that provide all the 5 basic emotions to the sim.

27xknbc.png

Any tip why i still haven't completed it?,i activate all emotional auras once a time

Thanks

Comments

• tammi222tammi222 Posts: 478 Member
    edited October 2014
    I think you have to switch them on one at a time, because the emotions cancel each other out

Edit; whoops, I read it as all at one time. Um, maybe put them in separate rooms and move through them after they activate?
    "I never like to do anything quiet if I can help it. Swords for everyone!"
    tumblr_mtugnbGcVr1rlg2wpo1_400.gif
  • tammi222tammi222 Posts: 478 Member
    Beautiful paintings by the way, your Sim is quite the artist!
    "I never like to do anything quiet if I can help it. Swords for everyone!"
    tumblr_mtugnbGcVr1rlg2wpo1_400.gif
  • Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    tammi222 wrote: »
    Beautiful paintings by the way, your Sim is quite the artist!

• ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    I love the robot painting it reminds of the game Machinarium.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    All primary emotions would include each of the 15, I would think. Secondary emotions would include "Very" before the name of the emotion, such as Very Happy or Very Flirty. "Fine" is neutral and doesn't count.

So to win the Achievement, you will have to get your Sim into each one of these within 24 hrs.:
    Happy
    Confident
    Playful
    Flirty
    Focused
    Energized
    Inspired
    Angry
    Sad
    Uncomfortable
    Tense
    Embarrassed
    Bored
    Dazed
    Omg this achievemnt will be hard to make.....
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    If you have the animal hats, those provide some emotions -- dazed, playful, and angry are the ones I've seen. The lights that were rewards for the Sims 3 EPs also can give you flirty, confident, inspired, and focused. I like your paintings, by the way.
    Drinking a lot of coffee will make your Sim Dazed...everyone here should give their tips on how to easily get into each emotion. Sometimes your Sim's natural traits help for some emotions, like the gloomy trait makes being Sad almost a given every day.
    Sims w/Genius trait are easier to get the Focused emotion. To get the Bored emotion, don't let your Sim do anything fun. Good luck with this Achievement! I am going to try it sometime myself. Let us know how you do!
  • DescantDescant Posts: 41 Member
    Bored is easy to get if you have them read a high level skill book that they have no/little skills in.
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited October 2014
    I know Focused comes easily from the Ponder Moves interaction on a chess board or Browse Simpedia on a computer. Bored also can come from reading a skill book under their level or (if they're a Snob) watching Comedy. On Sims without the Snob trait, you can easily get them Playful with the Comedy Channel. Playful can also comes from a bubble bath. Flirty can be obtained with the Romance Channel, a Steamy Shower, or Try On Outfits in the mirror; Inspired with a Thoughtful Shower or playing with the ball of clay; Confident with Psych Self Up in the mirror or cooking a successful meal.
    embarrased is a complicated mood,i cant make her embarrased!
    embarrased is a complicated mood,i cant make her embarrased!
    Have her shower or use the toilet and have someone walk in on her!
    she went very flirty with that omg!
    For Embarrassed try talking to another Sim on a topic the other Sim isn't interested in...like an evil Sim would not like to Have Day Brightened by a good Sim; or I noticed insane Sims sometimes get upset if you Make Crazy Eyes at them. Lol. Then your Sim might get embarrassed. Mine do when that happens. Or try telling a joke to a gloomy Sim. Anything that's socially awkward---trying to kiss a stranger or something. :p
    LOL did you make sure it wasn't her partner who walked in? :p
    renzilla wrote: »

yep,it was her daughter :P

O.O ...??!!

• Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited October 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    All primary emotions would include each of the 15, I would think. Secondary emotions would include "Very" before the name of the emotion, such as Very Happy or Very Flirty. "Fine" is neutral and doesn't count.

So to win the Achievement, you will have to get your Sim into each one of these within 24 hrs.:
    Happy
    Confident
    Playful
    Flirty
    Focused
    Energized
    Inspired
    Angry
    Sad
    Uncomfortable
    Tense
    Embarrassed
    Bored
    Dazed

That seems a little crazy but a few things one could do are

Set memories for emotions such as embarrassed , happy or romantic to reflect on
    Have a sim with high violin play a sad song ( cant remember exactly what its called )
    Read workout guides ,motivational books ,playful books etc ( these will have to be written )
    Look at Angry,confident etc paintings ( will have to be painted )
    It wouldnt hurt to have certain rooms dedicated to certain emotions either such as the kitchen for inspired or study for focused etc

I think bored dazed and tense may very well be the hardest of them . I've honestly never seen dazed .
    Pamhamlet wrote: »

O.O ...??!!

well there are no strangers in house,its a familiy ^^

all of that in 24 hours
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    The achievement just happened naturally for me while visiting neighbors. I was actually trying to get the collections complete but needed to make friends also. Someone made my Sim angry and it popped up. I wasn't even trying to have different emotions.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited October 2014
    So i want to complete the basket case achievement,fr that my sim needs to have all emotional states withing 24 hours

I have already the emotional paintings,that provide all the 5 basic emotions to the sim.

5 basic emotions? Hehe, if only where just 5.

Basketcase solution, basic emotions, hints:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12728446/#Comment_12728446

JoxerTM22 wrote: »

5 basic emotions? Hehe, if only where just 5.

Basketcase solution, basic emotions, hints:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12728446/#Comment_12728446

ill try it later,yesreday i tried but failed lol
  • tamsenmctamsenmc Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2014
    I just attempted this achievement twice. I didn't get it the first time so I tried again. The second time, I wrote down the time of each emotion, but still nothing.

Embarrassed 2:18 pm (& again at 8:11 pm)
    Happy 3:59 pm
    Confident 4:20 pm
    Fine 4:23 pm (wasn't sure if it counted)
    Playful 4:25 pm
    Sad 4:32 pm
    Angry 4:34 pm
    Flirty 4:37 pm
    Focused 4:43 pm
    Inspired 5:03 pm
    Bored 6:07 pm
    Energized 7:10 pm
    Very Uncomfortable 7:22 pm
    Dazed 10:08 pm
    Tense 1:08 am
    Uncomfortable 5:51 am (was afraid 'very' didn't count)

What am I missing?
    EDIT: I will try again soon by doing it all in the same day midnight to 11:59 PM as suggested below me. I'll edit if it works!

EDIT for getting different emotions (by no means exhaustive):

Embarrassed: I did romantic interactions too soon with a neighbor. I was trying to walk in on a neighbor in the bathroom, but they finished too soon. I also made my sim pee her pants after drinking a lot of coffee. This also gets you energized, dazed, and uncomfortable (see at bottom). Hide in a bed to get rid of the emotion quickly.

Happy: Well decorated is pretty easy. I had to move to another room so that would fall off for the negative emotions. Also having high needs, eating, etc. work.

Confident, Playful, Flirty, Focused: My sims had painted the emotional paintings when they were in the moods. I just stood her in the bathroom and enabled the auras one at a time.

Sad, Angry: One of my sims has Expressionistic (from completing the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration) so I had that sim paint these two real quick and put them in the bathroom to enable one at a time along with the other paintings.

Inspired: I used the aura on a reward from the painting career. A thoughtful shower would work too, but then you have to wait 4 hours for the emotion to come off.

Fine: Just let all emotions fall off (I'm assuming this counts, but I'm not sure).

Bored: My sim is level 10 in guitar skill, so I had her read the most basic book.

Tense: My sim is level 1 in fishing skill, so I had her read the most challenging book. Low fun will do it too.

Energized: The crystals you can collect give off an energized aura. I had cut them, so I made her drink coffee instead.

Dazed: I made her drink too much coffee (2-3 cups?). You can get it from crash landings in a rocket ship, but that's a bit unpredictable.

Uncomfortable: I made her drink coffee to lower her Bladder need (and eventually peed her pants for embarrassed). Also having a low hygiene or dirty surroundings.
    Post edited by tamsenmc on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top