Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wolff Legacy - Updated 1/22.. Yes, this year. :D

Comments

• FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Just made a little 'first impressions' post for my first night with ghosts - Intermission: GHOSTS!
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    Yay! Thanks so much for doing that. Kinda love how Burdock broke the tub and then surfed strange things on the web. The Web M.D. reference had me rolling. But the painting was amazing....I'm going to have to put an art easel out by my graveyard too (you know, once I need/make one) just to see that happen. Kinda weird how your living sims didn't even react to the ghosts wandering around, maybe because they are dead loved ones/relatives that it's not scary? Hm. Who knows.

The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Roane wrote: »

I also wouldn't worry about the length. I find that it takes longer and longer to get through each generation. So your choices, as I see them, are either to let it go long or skip lots of bits. And I vote against your skipping lots of bits. You capture a lot of funny little moments that I just don't think to notice. I'd hate to lose any of those.

I want the Agree button back, EA!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Oh, I'm so sad that poor Clem is angry all the time without Estrella. That really says something about the transformative power of love--even for Sims!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Oh, I'm so sad that poor Clem is angry all the time without Estrella. That really says something about the transformative power of love--even for Sims!
    The mechanics there are pretty brilliant, really. Clem always had 2-3 positive moodlets going from Estrella (being near a love, titillating conversations, leftover woohoo happiness, etc) so even if he got the 1 Angry it just sat there until it went away and didn't take over. Now there's nothing to fill that void. :( Poor guy. It feels appropriate though so I leave it be. Like he's actually in mourning. I'm kind of cruel, I guess! lol
    Oh, I so feel for Dianthus, loner Romance! Makes me think of poor Mesquite, loner Social--loner to the core, yet needing to socialize for his aspiration! Romance-wise, I think Dia's waiting for Coop.

Really loved this chapter!

• RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Just made a little 'first impressions' post for my first night with ghosts - Intermission: GHOSTS!
    - Awesome! You raise some very interesting questions there at the end. I'm not 100% sure, but I read ghosts can get married! I think they can do almost everything a normal Sim can except bear children... Loved your first impressions of our new ghosties! <3

edited October 2014
    Discovered that you can woohoo & become girl/boyfriends with 'em, but can't propose to a ghost until they have been moved into the household. I don't imagine we'll be allowed to move dead loves back into the house, but I do wonder what Pinstar will decide re: legacy ghosties.

Also, noticed some non-family sims that had died previously are now ghosts in the relationship panel. Wonder if they exist somewhere.

Anyway, update! :D
    In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream
    ohmigosh! I love Daisy's traits! ROFL!

I'm pulling for Dia and Coop.... oh, my. So happy to see a smile back on Clem's face.

• RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    You know you're allowed to age Coop up if you want, right? I know sometimes I feel like that's "interfering" with the natural rhythms of the town, but .... Coop + Dia 4ever!
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Awe, so nice to see Clem happy again.
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    That ghost painting is seriously the coolest thing.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    edited October 2014
    Great update :) I agree with your ponderings: there must be a hidden trait system, some underlying explanation why some Sims just don't jive romantically, like your Daisy and Grant, and like my Don and Bella.

Rofl at the proposal pic, the Sith lady's facial expression. And that camera angle, lol. Hoodies for the win.

And Dia clearly has things for blondes. Lol. I like Cooper over this Hana. She reminds me too much of Cersei Lannister from GOT. Haha! That's crazy how vulnerable Dia is to accidental death via embarrassment, is this death by mortification technically?
    Yes, he's been mortified twice! D: Luckily he was at home both times and had access to easy remedies, but flirting with new people in public is super risky while he's compromised - I'm not sure if I'd be able to fix him quick enough.

I thought Hana was a bit creepy for how pale she is, everywhere (hair, skin) but now I'm going to think of her as Cersei forevermore.. xD

@Roane- I don't think I know how to do that (age sims not in the household) - is it through neighborhood management? In this case I feel like I shouldn't tamper with it, but it would be good to know for the future, hee.

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys <3
    @simbody872 !! I just followed your sig link to your prettacy - what a brilliant way to start! I love it!
    @FloorRaisin - thanks for pointing out this opening. @Simbody872 - it *is* brilliant! Oh, I'm all smiles! Can't wait to read the rest! (and also, it makes me remember fondly all I love of TS3... 5 traits! Being able to capture thought/conversation bubbles in the photos... And Moonlight Falls.)

Thank you @FloorRaisin and @CathyTea! I hadn't yet had time to get his first chapter up and wanted a bit more of the story before I officially posted. Here is the link to Trevor Trollsim's Prettacy.
    I don't think I know how to do that (age sims not in the household) - is it through neighborhood management? In this case I feel like I shouldn't tamper with it, but it would be good to know for the future, hee.

It's via the cake. I tripped across it on accident then double-checked the Pinstar rules and someone had already asked if it was okay. Just have a cake and put on the candles like normal, and have the Sim you want to age up invited over to your house. There will be an option when you click on the cake to age up a Sim. They'll come over and blow out the candles like normal.

The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Ooh, that's neat! I could have had a real birthday party for Coop way back when. I might just try it.
    Couple of updates from the wee hours ~

Girls Go To Mars
    Another Class M Planet
    I have to study for an exam, have to, I say! (I'm trying to convince myself) Then head to the library to take it, but I will ready your chapters when I get back home. Oh the joys of continued education!
  • MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    FINALLY :p
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Oh Larry! I was dying lmao. Hands down my favorite update yet. Dia and Cooper together finally. "Note to self: Poetry works" That plus the comic relief of Larry was just perfect. You had me laughing hard.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    Wooo! Love that Cooper!
    edited October 2014
    Rofl, I can't believe Dandelion was "flirt-spamming" Cooper - that's a great way of saying it, lol. I LOVE the retro rocket! So jealous right now, lol. And awwww at Dia and Coop. So meant to be. <3 Just in general, your chapter Another M-Class Planet was truly brilliant! Loved how you had Cooper's perspective, and the bum at the park was hilarious! Truly, hats off to you! Storytelling genius! Lol. Can't wait for more.
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on