Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your Garden Look? (Pics Please)

I have been enjoying the game for a month now and we have all had time to test things out. So I was wondering what you prefer to do with your gardens. Pics of your favorite garden would be great. I personally have decided against the planter boxes unless it is in front of the house as a structured look or for trees. I have started planting fruit, vegetables, herbs and spices as a garden should be in rows and an area together. I am planting flowers in groups with flowers from buy/build mode.

10-02-14_1-35nbspPM_zps88a32e69.png

09-25-14_2-01nbspPM_zps8f74bbba.png
"If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM

Comments

• Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    This is my most complete garden as my main sim in this house wanted to be a gardener. I have several areas where she grows her plants and took some pics to share:

Sims4-Garden1.png~original

Sims4-Garden2.png~original

Sims4-Garden3.png~original

Sims4-Garden4.png~original

Sims4-Garden5.png~original

Sims4-Garden6.png~original

Sims4-Garden7.png~original

Sims4-Garden8.png~original
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    Willow wrote: »
    This is my most complete garden as my main sim in this house wanted to be a gardener. I have several areas where she grows her plants and took some pics to share:

Love all the cowplants! Kudos to you for being able to take care of all of those! I can't even take care of one :(
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    ...My garden is so pitiful compared to everybody else's so far. ;~;

0800c25bde5d587c4a306fc7d38979c1.png
    7aa74672a4314c899d18b8b8b1fa14ca.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    @Sparkysim2 Great idea for a thread! Your garden seems lush and nice, referring to your first picture :)

@Willow WOW, I never saw that many cow plants in one garden before, must be quite fun (and dangerous) for kids to play there, LOL. Seriously,, I love your garden, it shows that your sims spend time there!

I don't have any nice garden to show off yet, but I'll look out for something to post!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    Willow wrote: »

Home guarded by cowplant. LOL
  • Options
    icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    @Willow hahaha Those cowplants look fantastic.
  • Options
    LisaHahnLisaHahn Posts: 171 Member
    Nice gardens! I think it takes to much time to mess with a garden.. I wish they had gardeners you could hire.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I don't have much garden pics to share because there is only one plant and nothing else in it :]
  • Options
    MissLarae wrote: »

Love all the cowplants! Kudos to you for being able to take care of all of those! I can't even take care of one :(

Just feed him whenever his tongue cake pop's out and your good to go. They die if their tongue is out after 12 sims hours so they need some mystery packet meat or live meat before then. xD

@Willow WOW, I never saw that many cow plants in one garden before, must be quite fun (and dangerous) for kids to play there, LOL. Seriously,, I love your garden, it shows that your sims spend time there!

I don't have any nice garden to show off yet, but I'll look out for something to post!

Haha thanks! The kids are safe from cow plants, the interaction to be eaten doesn't exist...yet. >:)
    MissTexasB wrote: »

Home guarded by cowplant. LOL

Truer words were never spoken. xD
    icftldu wrote: »
    @Willow hahaha Those cowplants look fantastic.

It takes awhile to keep them all alive but the Sims run out to play with them more than any other activity on the lot.
    LisaHahn wrote: »
    Nice gardens! I think it takes to much time to mess with a garden.. I wish they had gardeners you could hire.

There is a mod for making gardening faster, less time tending them and whatnot, if you use mods that is. ;)

• Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    @willow How often do you feed the cowplants? Mine keep refusing food and then dying on me.
  • Options
    qrlcode wrote: »
    @willow How often do you feed the cowplants? Mine keep refusing food and then dying on me.

I feed them when the tongue pops out, they always accept food then. ;)

• Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Thanks!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    What a nice garden @Willow :)

This save is now deleted but I was playing Ned trying to grow a big garden. I started a new save with him this time with no cheats so he has to build his garden back up.

14968476298_e7cec35223_c.jpg
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    What a nice garden @Willow :)

This save is now deleted but I was playing Ned trying to grow a big garden. I started a new save with him this time with no cheats so he has to build his garden back up.

Thanks! And I like that screenshot of Ned and his garden setup, very nice! Hope he can rebuild his garden soon.

• Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    @Willow outstanding. I think I've seen a garden of cowplants in a video, Was it yours? Great layout. @Simasaurus09 great garden. I have several using the plant box also. I quickly snapped a pic of my Asylum garden as it is now. I thought I had one with the plants grown, but couldn't find them.
    10-02-14_3-21nbspPM_zps3ad58bd5.png

Thanks everyone. I hope to see more of your pics. @JayedTadaSkier all our gardens start one plant at a time. I think yours is looking fine. Now go out and build those Sims some beautiful gardens.
  • Options
    PandererPanderer Posts: 247 Member
    You guys have great gardens! I need to gain a little creativity. Here's what I have so far.

dfqGUjO.jpg
    qR08FrB.png
  • Options
    @Panderer looking good. I like using walls to set an area off.
  • Options
    Sparkysim2 wrote: »
    @Willow outstanding. I think I've seen a garden of cowplants in a video, Was it yours? Great layout.

It probably was one of my vids xD.
    Country cottage themed garden

Love that layout and the paths!

• Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    How do you guys keep those garden? My sim takes hours to water them.
  • Options
    sweetjess24sweetjess24 Posts: 89 Member
    Awesome gardens!! No clue how you keep up with them. My sim is always so tired, dirty, hungry so on when trying to keep up with like 4-6 plants lol wow!
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    I know your feeling sweetjess, I hope they add a gardener soon
  • Options
    @litabelaqua what a lovely garden. You created the perfect cottage style garden. I think my Aliens need a garden like that.
  • Options
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    How do you guys keep those garden? My sim takes hours to water them.

Well mine with the path is at my Asylum so the patients, 8 Sims, keep it up, well 7 now. I had a hard time with it at first, but I like playing large households, usually 5 Sims so I just spread the love.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited October 2014
    Heh, well I have a decorative garden that has 1 strawberry plant in it (somewhere, LOL).
    NOrZqNJ.jpg
    I do have a section on the other side of the house you can sort of see that has interactive plants but don't have any regular pics of it.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper