Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you go back to to Sims 3?

Comments

• Options
    NevillsNevills Posts: 505 Member
    I went back to Sims 3 for about three minutes, which was as long as it would let me play before it crashed. I certainly don't miss the days of having to have mods in order to play my game without it crashing, not too mention the saving times which took a lifetime.
    I'm a WoW playing, Doctor Who watching, Harry Potter reading, fan fiction writing simmer who is without a doubt a geek (and sometimes a super hero).

My wishlist
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I am playing both Sims 3 and Sims 4. Sims 3 played horribly on my old laptop, but I got a new faster, gaming laptop in July. I transferred all my saves to my new computer and Sims 3 finally plays really well. I love love love Island Paradise. I have saved games in Island Paradise, Roaring Heights, Dragon Valley and Monte Vista. Even with my new laptop, CAS still takes forever to render all the outfits. I love how seamless Sims 4 is. If you get bored playing a certain household, it is so easy to switch to a new Sim or family.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    edited October 2014
    abe70280 wrote: »
    jadealix wrote: »
    I hated The Sims 3! Sooo no, hate is a strong but it was my least favorite out of the four games. The open world was ew, hope it never comes back. I loved The Sims 2, I every once in awhile check on it. I have all The Sims pc games installed, except 3. Since The Sims 4, I check on them every blue moon in for nostalgia reasons :)

open world was "ew" to everyone with a PC found in a dumpster, I agree.

What the heck is your problem lol? My gaming pc is perfectly fine. I can dislike open world all I want pickle!
  • Options
    TacoChaosTacoChaos Posts: 118 Member
    Nope. I'll stick sims 2&4.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    TacoChaos wrote: »
    Nope. I'll stick sims 2&4.

Same here. I have played Sims 3 a little bit here & there over the years, but have never been able to get into it long term. Sims 2 has always been my favorite. There were some things that disappointed me with Sims 4 at first, but I think it has a lot of potential and I'm willing to give it a fair chance. So far I am having quite a bit of fun with it.

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited October 2014
    Dadan10001 wrote: »
    So with the new game being out a few weeks now and all have you reverted back to Sims 3 or do you find yourself struggling to do so? I'm not hear to argue about which is better because there's ten billion other topics on that matter in case you somehow missed it. I myself have been tempted to go back to sims 3 as iv had a lot of new ideas for families and scenarios that could realistically only play out well in that game what with all the expansions and everything. Unfortunately I find the CAS in the Sims 3 terrible with it being bogged down with so many expansions it takes forever for me to actually make a sim as I'm all about perfecting them as much as possible. Whereas in the Sims 4 I can make the sim I want in roughly 30 maybe 40 minutes. This time will drastically change as more clothing, accessories and all that are added but the point here is that this is the one thing stopping me from going back to Sims 3 as I much prefer the smoother and faster experience it provides it in the Sims 4.

Not at all. My laptop still runs TS3 smooth and perfectly and TS4 is beyond easy to run as well. I do play TS4, but in very very small spurts..like 1 hour in CAS then turn it off. Then I'll play TS3 for 3 hours for generational/storytelling gameplay, then I'll play TS2 for maybe 2 or so hours for nostalgia. And maybe an hour of TS Medieval for random lol. I've honestly never lagged like many others have, I suppose it's hard for me to understand that part. However I could understand what their saying if their laptop/computer isn't strong enough to have TS3 on there.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Sure can! I have two IBSIs going on that I completely love. Challenges are actually more fun for me on older games when the AI had its problems. Sims 2 especially makes for the best Asylum challenge. I still need to reload Sims 2 now that EA gave us everything and I don't need to hunt around for the old disks. Only thing stopping me there is that I will need to find whichever flash drive I put all the Sims 2 CC and mods on!

I use NRAAS. I know some people prefer to run without mods. That's cool. I need Master Controller and Overwatch to prevent lag and enjoy some of the others (his Story Progression and Woohooer particularly.) CAS became so much easier to sort t hrough once I figured out how to blacklist clothing and hairstyles (and the hideous hats) from NRAAS Dresser.

Wow. I sound like I'm trying to convince you to mod. I'm really not. But if CAS is the main stumbling block and you miss/like a lot of the other Sims 3 features, then Dresser might be worth a shot.
  • Options
    sweetjess24sweetjess24 Posts: 89 Member
    I haven't even attempted to start up sims 3 since getting sims 4 the day it came out!! lol B) I will never go back now!! lol
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I loaded up S3 today and decided to make a new Sim and start a new game. I kept clicking on the Sim to change her features lol. It took me a whole two seconds to remember that I had to use the sliders. I only played for a little while. I do miss the water which the Sims 4 doesn't have. Houseboats/scuba diving/and swimming in the ocean still remain my favorite things in a Sims game. For these reasons I really can't give up 3. And because I am attached to my two favorite Sims ever. (That sounds cheesy)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Since September 4th I have not once gone back. Strange. I have loved TS3 so much and I miss the open worlds and so many features, but ... I can't stand those Sims any more. Compared with their successors, they are so lifeless, ugly and without individuality.
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    Never left, and never will
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    I play 3 all the time, I feel much more ttached to my sims in Sims 3. There are things I like about Sims 4, but no where near enough to stop playing 3. Judging by the consensus of responses above me, I would say most people agree ;)
  • Options
    claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    I tried once to go back to Sims 3 last week, just to re-visit it and see how I felt. I only played for half an hour. Then I went back to Sims 4. First of all, it took nearly 15 minutes to boot up. I found that it was really hard to go back to those round playdough faces and vacant expressions. I immediately missed the new emotions and the multitasking abilities. My sim went to a bar and there was only one person there. I missed the full bars with tons of characters to interact with.

If I HAD to go back, I would but reluctantly. I'm spoiled now by Sims 4. The things that bothered me in the beginning when I first started playing Sims 4 (lack of open world and loading screens) don't bother me anymore. I feel that same excitement to play Sims again that I haven't had since Sims 2.

tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
  • Options
    freckledrevoltfreckledrevolt Posts: 282 Member
    TS4 all the way. TS3 is way too glitchy for me at this point, and there's nothing new for me to discover there.
  • Options
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I've honestly never lagged like many others have, I suppose it's hard for me to understand that part. However I could understand what their saying if their laptop/computer isn't strong enough to have TS3 on there.

I was the same way until my old laptop died. It ran TS3 smoothly for the most part, didn't experience many glitches--the only thing I had was the loading screen of doom. I didn't know what true frustration was until I played TS3 on my new laptop. Oh dear, grumpycat.

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I could and still might go back to TS3.
  • Options
    I can dislike open world all I want pickle!

I really want a pickle now, thanks :'(

• Options
    MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    I keep thinking of playing Sims 3 because I miss my favorite family. I'm a bit frustrated with Sims 4 since my sims just won't have twins or triplets (the hubby and wife both have fertile trait). I miss all the worlds in Sims 3 (especially Isla Paradiso) but I haven't gone back to play it. I bought all the worlds, expansions and so much stuff from the Sims 3 store but when I look at the sims in Sims 3, I start thinking nahhh the sims in Sims 4 are a lot better looking lol. I will probably go visit sims 3 sometime. I'm just too into Sims 4 right now.
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    I play Sims 3 as much as I play Sims 4.
  • Options
    xsimmerxxxsimmerxx Posts: 59 Member
    Never left Sims 3 and I won't leave until toddlers are in Sims 4.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    edited October 2014
    I can dislike open world all I want pickle!

I really want a pickle now, thanks :'(

Sorry his response to me was goofy. So had to use the word pickle!
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    @CK213: You held out longer than I did. I was kicking up sand in my TS3 sandbox a day or two after TS4 was released.
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    At the present I play both. For a long time, I had many, many problems with sims 3 with all the eps/sps, cc, mods that I had. So, I took out 75% of cc, and only have my very most favorite eps/sps installed with base game and is finally running smoother for me.

After the awesome new patch released for S4, in the first outing my game crashed, "The Sims 4 has stopped working" type crash. That really got me annoyed so just went back to sims 3 for the rest of the evening. I will fire up sims 4 again and see what happens. (Yes, I had taken out my Mods folder before patching but wondering if one of more of the mods needed updating.)

@bshag4lv: Hey you! :)

I patched yesterday, too, but haven't played as I'm also waiting to see if the mods I use need to be updated. From what I understand, modders are still learning the ins and outs of TS4 so patience will have to be my mantra as I attempt to subdue my inner Bellatrix!

BellatrixWaiting_zps83e2e1b9.gif
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    With Sims 4 I feel like I am forced to color within the lines and with EA's palette, but all I want to do is color my way all over the page and with my own brightly-hued crayons!
    I so very much agree with you, couldn't have said it better myself.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2014
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    TS3 is Awesome for building and World creating.
    And story telling and generational playing I might add.
    That is in fact my main concern regarding Sims 4; will I be able to tell story's. Not necessarily written down story's btw.
    In the beginning I played 3 with all the story's just in my head. I played Sims 4 for a while and no story was formed.
    Which just bothers me because usually that is something that just happens to me spontaneously.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    I haven't forgotten about TS3, heck I'd usually go back and forth between my games, but I'm having a lot of fun with TS4 right now and am focusing on just the one game in that series. I'll eventually go back to rotating between the two, don't have a time frame, but eventually lol.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png