Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving To Empty House

I know this has been posted a million times before but for whatever reason I cant find the answer I need.

I need to move 2 of my household's Sims to another, empty, house. Keyword is empty. All I can figure out how to do is to move them to a preexisting household. Help? Thanks so much.

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Can you pick the house you want in the world and take out all the furniture and then when you go to move them in it will be empty. Is that what you want. Do they have enough money to move to a house. if not you can give them some money with the mother lode.
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    They have a video on Twitch showing how to do many things in the neighborhoods http://www.twitch.tv/thesims/c/5217277 if this doesn't take you to the correct one look for the video with Grant and Graham Neighborhood editing and bulldozing lots. I watched several videos yesterday on Twitch so I know they talk about this in one of them.
  • Options
    kturner1015kturner1015 Posts: 245 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Can you pick the house you want in the world and take out all the furniture and then when you go to move them in it will be empty. Is that what you want. Do they have enough money to move to a house. if not you can give them some money with the mother lode.

No, I just mean I want my Sims to move to another house in the neighborhood that doesn't already have people living in it. It's pretty easy to "merge households" but I can't just move someone to a house that doesn't already have a household in it. I found a workaround, though.
  • Options
    RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    edited October 2014
    For the future, if you do the household split (Select the lot, select the button for manage household, etc.), there should be a little plus button on the right side pane for creating a New Household. It's on the top, above the tabs for played and unplayed households. Move your guys to this and they'll get that 20k starting money. Then you can go to the Manage Households in the neighborhood screen and move them in to something.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire