Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Bet… (Pools)

Comments

• TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I must be apart of the extreme minority of players who never kill sims. I only aged off sims in TS2. TS3 was too buggy for me to even get my sims old enough to do that and "killing" them is not really something I enjoy..?? Not trying to make myself seem self-righteous, lol. I live vicariously through you guys.

With the exception of testing purposes, I agree.

Even then, killing sims in TS4 is much more impacting on me compared to previous sim games. Especially death by Old Age & Mortification.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @DeadFishy@ I don't kill off my sims either. Good lord, the first time one of my pet cats died in S3, I had to shut the game off....I was so sad!

Thats, not true, I did kill off one sim in TS3 because I wanted to create a story around the wife being a widowed single mother. But I didn't exactly kill him off. He was a fire fighter, so it was more like.. I didn't try to save him. He was a fire fighter though. H really should have been able to save himself. 😜
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Above ground pools are fixed and limited in size. My parents got one, but you can't really do much in them apart from taking a dip. Still, they're quite nice and something we've never had before. But players would probably get 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if the devs cheaped out with these, so I'm more convinced that they'll create the traditional pools.

I hope you're right.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    To be honest, I'm just really pleased (and very grateful) that we are getting any extra content at all because every little thing, no matter how small, is going to improve what is already a very good base game. Right now ghosts have been added. Very soon pools will be added; then more careers. It's getting there and I'm very grateful that they are doing their best to give the players what they are hoping for in this game.
  • freckledrevoltfreckledrevolt Posts: 282 Member
    pguida wrote: »
    Doctor told me I am very sick.

Sick of the haters.

I spit out my coffee and had to quickly clean my keyboard. :lol:
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member

Sick of the haters.

Yes exactly and full of never end wishes..... Why don't they say to EA, I want you work all later EP, all stuff, all update for free. Well I don't want to pay money but want everything perfect....
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I bet that they placate us with pools in the free patch but any fun stuff gets to us by way of a SP or EP.

I have my fingers crossed for a pool design worthy of TS4 instead of just plopping in a pool for mass appeasement. I'm really hoping for water sports, something we've never had before with pools ie. water polo and basketball along with all of the other improvements that we had along the way to TS series: Fountains, slides, diving boards, floaties. Probably wishful thinking to ask for Morco Polo which we had in TS2.

How do you guys think pools will manifest themselves come November?

Well, we had to wait for Seasons patch for diving boards, and had to buy Seasons for the floating air mattresses and IP for pool slides, so that wouldn't be any different. But you can have a lot of fun with pools without all the extra stuff.

Hoping for an actual pool tool, but would be okay with preset pools (like the blueprints in Sims 3) that we can slap down anywhere. I'm thinking of a small community pool at the park in Willow Creek, for example.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I must be apart of the extreme minority of players who never kill sims. I only aged off sims in TS2. TS3 was too buggy for me to even get my sims old enough to do that and "killing" them is not really something I enjoy..?? Not trying to make myself seem self-righteous, lol. I live vicariously through you guys.

Yeah, I've never been one for killing off Sims as well.

• SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited October 2014
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    It's just never good enough is it? Lol.

We're getting base pools for free.

If pools are going to be made more fun and interactive than previous sims titles then I expect to and will gladly pay for those items in an EP.

I do agree people need to quit asking for more and more, but Its not free, it was something they knew should have been in base and that is why they are adding it "free" now. Hey, I am still grateful, heck, I wrote a gratitude post to EA yesterday, BUT that doesn't mean people need to keep saying "Oh em gee, this is free why are you whining?"

It is not free, we just paid for it a month ago and they know that. Also, this is a business and they know that charging for content like this would be wrong and lose them customers. That being said, its a step in the right direction for EA.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @DeadFishy@ I don't kill off my sims either. Good lord, the first time one of my pet cats died in S3, I had to shut the game off....I was so sad!

I can top that -- in Sims 2 I was so attached to the cat I created (I made it look just like the cat my favorite ex-boyfriend had) I sent it off to the shelter when it became an Elder Cat. My family was so sad I ended up deleting that save.
    edited October 2014

Sick of the haters.

I can't stand when people whine endlessly either, its annoying, BUT to be fair...weren't you one of those "haters" not that long ago?

I am more sick of the hypocrisy than anything.

People on both sides need to stop, its flipping annoying to be honest and everyone are acting like children....on BOTH sides of the coin. Then you have people like me (in the neutral category) that are constantly having to see back and forth threads and instead of people who disagree ignoring it, they keep it on the front page by arguing.....
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I think it would have been nice if they shipped the game with a swimwear category with maybe a few pieces of basic swimwear. After all, the game already has underwear, and it doesn't look that much different from swimwear. Even if they had nothing to use them for, it would have been a nice reassurance that pools would be coming back eventually.

My guess is that we'll have the basic ground pool tool and pool ladders. Maybe not even the ladders if sims can also exit the pool without them. At best they'd include a diving board. All the other fun implements will come with EP's, which I personally don't mind. :P

Water volleyball sounds like an awesome idea.

I'm curious if they actually will be ingorund pool or above? As someone mentioned we might just get above ground pools and save in ground for an EP. Which I wouldn't mind. We've never had that before.

I'd like to see the above-ground hot tubs from Sims 2 make a comeback; I loved making luxurious master suites with a hot tub either in the bedroom or in the master bath. Imagine having a hot tub in the bedroom and all sorts of Flirty decor... <3

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    They're not actually giving them away for free, they're adding them to the Base Game.

I would love to see diving boards and bathing suits- they rest, water slides and MOR games can come in later packs. :)

I don't see a Hater anywhere. :/

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm glad that they're giving us pools via a patch. That way, they're considered part of the base game and everyone will have them. As for pool furnishings, I'll gladly buy the DLC. EA has me well trained.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
    edited October 2014
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    They're not actually giving them away for free, they're adding them to the Base Game.

I would love to see diving boards and bathing suits- they rest, water slides and MOR games can come in later packs. :)

I don't see a Hater anywhere. :/

Yes!! Thank you Rflong7!! You always add wisdom to any topic. Its like you can say the same thing It takes me 2 paragraphs to say in one sentence and its more effective. I miss chatting with you in Sims 3 forums and I miss seeing all your cool creations there :-). I still use your worlds all the time in sims 3..... :)
  • RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    "I don't mind paying!" Man, if half of the people commenting in this thread spoke for the majority of fans, ghosts would be in a $19.99 Halloween SP and Pools and Toddlers in some expensive Generations EP released next year, if we got them at all.

Do you guys like flinging your money at EA, or something?

Tbh I'd like to see some new, free interactions with pools. Sure, it's nice to have what the other games already did, but I thought the point of sequels was to build on what was there...
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited October 2014
    Rinilex wrote: »
    "I don't mind paying!" Man, if half of the people commenting in this thread spoke for the majority of fans, ghosts would be in a $19.99 Halloween SP and Pools and Toddlers in some expensive Generations EP released next year, if we got them at all.

Tbh I'd like to see some new, free interactions with pools. Sure, it's nice to have what the other games already did, but I thought the point of sequels was to build on what was there...

a lot of simmers remind me of this episode of the simpsons

523552_10152136299465393_1487968607_n1.jpg

i swear some of them would buy a stuff pack if it was nothing but that ^
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I want pool waterfalls.
  • ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    Lynadianya wrote: »
    They were working on pools before release of the game. The pools were buggier than everything else (which says a lot), so they left them out of release and are putting them back in within 2 months of release. I don't understand why this hasn't sunk in yet with so many people. Pools (something I don't even care about, mind you) was always supposed to be in the base game, they just needed to get them working correctly. Instead of delaying the game release for 2 months, they delayed the release of the pools for 2 months. A fair trade in my opinion. I've been enjoying the game immensely without ghosts and pools.<br />
    <br />
    Yes, they save the really good stuff for the expansion packs. That's business. Easy stuffy to implement - like new careers and aspirations, will come with the patches. They will slowly be introducing those things that were supposed to be in the base game, but hadn't gotten working to standard for the September release date. I am sure that toddlers will come with a Generations type EP (and hopefully, they get it right this time instead of something I had to cheat or buy my way through).

This was my thought too especially after one of the Simgurus stated they had been working on pools for quite a while.

Quite a while is longer than a month. I totally agree they planned to put them in anyway.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    We probably won't actually be able to build pools, they will just be templates in a couple of different shapes and sizes that you place as an object. We also probably won't have any slides or diving boards or anything to actually do in the pool. If you want your sim to do anything more than get in and float (including swim) you'll probably have to buy some expensive expansion or DLC.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »

Whats the problem? You're not being forced to buy anything. :)

In reference to @Rinilex I said I didn't mind paying for something I want, something I expect to be of good quality. I never said I would blindly, foolishly give EA or anyone my money just because I want to have. The whole point of this forum is not to speak for the majority of fans but to converse and dialogue about your own opinion and perspective.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member

In reference to @Rinilex I said I didn't mind paying for something I want, something I expect to be of good quality. I never said I would blindly, foolishly give EA or anyone my money just because I want to have. The whole point of this forum is not to speak for the majority of fans but to converse and dialogue about your own opinion and perspective.

It's fine to say what you think, but I just find it frustrating that people are always willing to push money into EA's hands for something they want when it should arguably be/ have been free. Brand new features, fine. Old re-hashes, not so much. It just encourages the notion Simmers are easy targets regarding high cost DLC.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I just hope it's a pool tool rather than a few preset objects.
  • LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited October 2014

Omg..I so need that HAT!! gimmeee! *throws tantrum till gets it*
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I never kill sims either. I tried it once in the original sims game and got so upset with all their crying and pleading - it felt too real for me - that I gave it up right before the sim would have died. What was funny it was the one sim in the game I really disliked as she was snooty and mean - but i just couldn't do it. So no - I cannot even pretend to kill anything -

My pools in my game are mostly just commuity pools as i like homes on smaller lots - I don't want to spend all day waiting for a Sim to go from point a to point b on their lot - so I tend to prefer 20 x 30 and 30 x 30 lots overall. So no pool room if one wants a lttle garden and a little play space for sims kids. So I would make community pools and then take advantage of sending my sims to them as ways to build their social and friendships. I did always wish for little kiddie pools though but found satisfaction with the slip and slide for at home water play. For adults at home i prefer hot tubs - so will be glad when we eventually get those - or at least hope we get those in an ep down the line.

EWww who ever suggested pool woohoo - please no - I don't want that in the same place my sims play with their kids and pets. Disgusting. I also never let my sims use my sims kids treehouses for that kind of thing either. I draw the line between adult activity and places my sims kids go and do not want that line crossing. So I really hope there never comes a pool woohoo. Leave it in the hot tubs. I find that okay as I only have adults in those.

Of course I realize it is just my own view and opinion - so it is only a matter of how i hope things go - who knows. Anyway - it is very nice we will finally get pools for the base game. I was not bent out of shape over it all - but I am happy they are coming as I do miss the community pool a lot.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I bet that they placate us with pools in the free patch but any fun stuff gets to us by way of a SP or EP.

I have my fingers crossed for a pool design worthy of TS4 instead of just plopping in a pool for mass appeasement. I'm really hoping for water sports, something we've never had before with pools ie. water polo and basketball along with all of the other improvements that we had along the way to TS series: Fountains, slides, diving boards, floaties. Probably wishful thinking to ask for Morco Polo which we had in TS2.

How do you guys think pools will manifest themselves come November?

You are 100% correct. The "fun stuff" that "we've never had before" are add-on features and they belong in an EP. The patched pools being just squares of water to drown your sims in is status quo--that is what the general fans demanded. I doubt fans cancelled their pre-orders because EA didn't shipping the base game with a Water World.

That said, I think you have great ideas, but you should word your request as a request. The tone in your post sounds like you're dismissing the genuine efforts the devs are making to fix the base game. I also love Marco Polo from TS2. I rarely play with pools, but when I do play that game is a really fun interaction!