Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doorbells

Am I doing something wrong or are there no doorbells? I keep seeing Sims at my door and i have no idea how long they have been standing there.

Comments

• MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    There are no doorbells. Be glad they are just standing there. Some folks have had the neighbors just walking in and out at leisure.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    Sims knock on the door now.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• LoreenaJLoreenaJ Posts: 38 Member
    glad they arent just walking in, but i never hear a knock. Maybe cause i have the radio on? They should make it louder
  • SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    There should be a doorbell. It's so much easier to hear than the knock.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    EA could not implement doorbells due to engine limitations.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I heard they had doorbells but a suit at EA has doorbell phobia.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    I heard they had doorbells but a suit at EA has doorbell phobia.

You are too funny!! LOLOL
    Sounds like an EA excuse to me...

Mylita

No friends requests, please.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited September 2014
    I heard they were cut for Loading Error 102 Addiction to Milk, Orange Juice & Computers.

Actually... as often as neighbors visit (say within the next 4 minutes of asking them to Leave) doorbells might actually drive me INSANE.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • AstasiaAstasia Posts: 238 Member
    Simley wrote: »
    There should be a doorbell. It's so much easier to hear than the knock.

Why would anyone want it to be easier to hear the 200 times per day a sim is at their door?
  • runesongrunesong Posts: 85 Member
    Turn the front door back/front... Neighbors are walking in because the outside of the door is on the inside.
  • EsotericRogueEsotericRogue Posts: 153 Member
    edited September 2014
    The knock at the door is way too quiet. I believe that that sound, like the radio music, is muted by walls, too.
    tumblr_m63nqrB4u71qbkq4po1_r1_250.gif

Streaming at http://www.hitbox.tv/eRogue (Twitch sucks now.)
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I really want to know why they removed doorbells. It's great you can knock on doors, but who on earth can hear that when they are somewhere at the back portion of the house?
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    I really want to know why they removed doorbells. It's great you can knock on doors, but who on earth can hear that when they are somewhere at the back portion of the house?

Engine limitations.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • MythicMissMythicMiss Posts: 44 Member
    I would only support the addition of a doorbell if it sounded like the firey screams of the last sim who rang my doorbell.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    MythicMiss wrote: »
    I would only support the addition of a doorbell if it sounded like the firey screams of the last sim who rang my doorbell.

Hm.. this made me miss my door from Grim Manor.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I miss doorbells. I especially loved having my sims upgrade their doorbells *le sigh* I would like that back!! My sims have plenty of standard upgrade parts just waiting for the moment...
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    LoreenaJ wrote: »
    Am I doing something wrong or are there no doorbells? I keep seeing Sims at my door and i have no idea how long they have been standing there.

No doorbells It's bizarre, my simmies sister who he has a really good relationship with just stands there, whereas his childhood friends just wander in.

• BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Hated doorbells in game, especially when sims rang it at nite and my sims were trying to sleep
  • loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    Knocking on the door is better as you just pretend you did not hear it. Nothing worse in life having unexpected visitors if you have a doorbell then they know you heard it, a knock on the door you can say you did not hear lol
  • 212751969212751969 Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2014
    how about adding doorbells as something that can be bought of the buy/build list, or add it so a sim with handiness around lvl 5 or so can add it to the door. they way those of us that want a door bell can have them, and simmers that don't want them don't have to install them on their doors.
    Post edited by 212751969 on
    Origin ID Skotao55
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Sometimes I just let the neighbors stand in front of the door without letting them in. LOL
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    runesong wrote: »
    Turn the front door back/front... Neighbors are walking in because the outside of the door is on the inside.

I'll try that. If this is true, you are my new favorite person, @runesong !
  • Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    It will be added,no worries!
  • lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    212751969 wrote: »
    how about adding doorbells as something that can be bought of the buy/build list, or add it so a sim with handiness around lvl 5 or so can add it to the door. they way those of us that want a door bell can have them, and simmers that don't want them don't have to install them on their doors.

Brilliant! That's something Id like to see. Plus anytime a Sim comes knocking I never hear it lol!
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • MythicMissMythicMiss Posts: 44 Member
    If they release a Showtime-like XP, there'll be paparazzi ringing the doorbell day and night.

If that becomes the case, I'd like it if we had the option to click the door from the inside and get two options:

-Buzz Them In
    -Release the Hounds!

...and then a pack of attack dogs chase them off the lot. Maybe trotting back with a pair of pants in their jaws. I'd buy a Pets XP just for that...